What Disappointed You the Most this Offseason?

WildCard

Bronze: Not getting Vesey.

Silver: The only defensive change being Kulikov for Pysyk. On the other hand, disappointment is a function of expectations, and I didn't honestly expect more than one move on the blue line, soooo maybe I should just say not getting Fowler.

Gold: Kane. In less than a calendar year I went from being totally stoked about seeing him finally hit the ice, to being less-than-enamored with his play and inability to find chemistry with our best players, to...the offseason. Just bleh all around.

Kane.  While I'm still very much on board with the presumption of innocence, it is undeniable that the likelihood of him having a great career as a Sabre has dropped substantially. 

Runner-up:  not getting Vesey -- although more for what it would've meant in terms of the Sabres being major players in the NHL than for what it would've meant on the ice.

The offseason isn't over yet...

Cryptic! Maybe even teasing us! You know we're a bunch of addicts, don't hold the needle against our skin unless you're going to go all the way! :P

Edit: Wait, this is the disappointment thread. Go away you, nobody wants a bad shoe to drop.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Kane is a popular answer here, and he's my answer, too.  So far.

Runner-up is the confirmation that Key is buying First Niagara.  There was something very cool about having the arena named after both a local company AND a prominent local geographic feature.

1) Kane

2) Vesey.  I thought (and still think) we are his best option.  I hoped that for 2017-18 our top 6 would be Vesey, Nylander, Okposo, Reinhart, Eichel and ROR. 

3) Pysyk for Kulikov.  I like getting Asplund.  I realize GMTM knew that he couldn't protect Pysyk in the expansion draft and wanted to balance his 3 D lines. However, I'm not a Kulikov fan and I felt the GMTM never gave Pysyk a fair shot at proving what he can do and I hate to see him leave.

4) Franson still a Sabre.  This was an awful signing and he played awful most of last season.  The thing that can happen to the Sabres is that Nelson beats Franson out in camp and Franson is demoted to the AHL to create cap space.

Kane is a popular answer here, and he's my answer, too.  So far.

Runner-up is the confirmation that Key is buying First Niagara.  There was something very cool about having the arena named after both a local company AND a prominent local geographic feature.

Kane's my obvious. I dig your less obvious.

Evander Kane. I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and he keeps finding trouble. I am just disappointed in him. 

Also I am disappointed with the tank ending that Xbenedict and Shrader and Labbatt's have not returned.

Edited by LGR4GM

Evander Kane. I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and he keeps finding trouble. I am just disappointed in him. 

Also I am disappointed with the tank ending that Xbenedict and Shrader and Labbatt's have not returned.

Especially since X. took his toys AND Ghost with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.