Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

See, your problem is that you forgot to take into account TMF when creating your advanced statistic.

TMF = Troll Modification Factor.

The Troll Modification Factor is a percentage modifier to a real world statistic.  It is calculated by dividing the troll capacity by the troll's perceived value in the world and subtracting it from 1.  The modification factor is then multiplied by the real statistic to produce the desired fancy stat.

Example:

Evander Kane Shots = 197

Evander Kane games played = 47

Troll Capacity = 98%

Troll Perceived Value = 1 (it's always 1 as trolls believe they are the best)

1 - (.98/1) = .02

Kane S/G = 4.2

TMF S/G = .084

Therefore, he always misses the net.

brilliant  :lol:

This isn't for you, NS. But can we ban the word troll here? Please? It's so moronic. Now NHLBUFF is a troll? I thought it was a good post. And Hoss is a troll who is "baiting" for "clicks." Of course I'm Troll Daddy, at least the site owner and master-baiter thinks so.

You agree with someone: "This." You disagree: Troll!

Please stop. It adds nothing to the forum.

Perhaps we should just try to limit its use to when it's justified, i.e.:

- firing something inflammatory and obviously untrue into the crowd in order to elicit a reaction (like, say, speculating that Pegula would continue the Bills' Toronto series) = trolling.

- disagreeing with prevailing opinion for legitimate reasons and explaining your position in a reasonable manner = not trolling.

I certainly agree that calling someone a troll (or a racist, for that matter) when it's not justified, but rather when you simply disagree with that person, is a weak, knee-jerk response.

I know about a dozen people here in southern california that look like that guy and they're all cocaine abusers.    I play hockey with one of them and he's always pushing it on us and tells us stories about parties w/ Ducks/Kings players he knows well, stories backed up by another guy that works for the Ducks... I could name names, I won't, but players you wouldn't suspect are ravaging users.     It's not just the big time stars with money to burn, it's the guys bouncing up and down from the "A" as well.   

Do I know for a fact this esilver guy does coke?   No.   But I wasn't born yesterday either.

I don't doubt that plenty of people (both inside and outside the NHL) use cocaine, but I take issue with assuming that that "esilver" does based on nothing more than some photos of him that look like other dudes you know.

Perhaps we should just try to limit its use to when it's justified, i.e.:

- firing something inflammatory and obviously untrue into the crowd in order to elicit a reaction (like, say, speculating that Pegula would continue the Bills' Toronto series) = trolling.

- disagreeing with prevailing opinion for legitimate reasons and explaining your position in a reasonable manner = not trolling.

I certainly agree that calling someone a troll (or a racist, for that matter) when it's not justified, but rather when you simply disagree with that person, is a weak, knee-jerk response.

I don't doubt that plenty of people (both inside and outside the NHL) use cocaine, but I take issue with assuming that that "esilver" does based on nothing more than some photos of him that look like other dudes you know.

I'll tell ya what, Captain. If you can provide evidence that I speculated that Pegula would continue the Toronto series, you can pick my avatar for a whatever (reasonable) period of time you also choose. (Of course this bet ignores the bizarre nature of your claim -- that such speculation could be considered inflammatory and untrue; how can speculation be true or not true?)

"I bet Pegula continues the Toronto series." Who's inflamed? How is it trolling?

Anywho, get to work on that. Blowers Cramp Jack and I are very secure in our future...

See, your problem is that you forgot to take into account TMF when creating your advanced statistic.

The Troll Modification Factor is a percentage modifier to a real world statistic. It is calculated by dividing the troll capacity by the troll's perceived value in the world and subtracting it from 1. The modification factor is then multiplied by the real statistic to produce the desired fancy stat.

Example:

Evander Kane Shots = 197

Troll Capacity = 98%

1 - (.98/1) = .02

Kane S/G = 4.2

TMF S/G = .084

#fancystats

The Troll Modification Factor is a percentage modifier to a real world statistic.  It is calculated by dividing the troll capacity by the troll's perceived value in the world and subtracting it from 1.  The modification factor is then multiplied by the real statistic to produce the desired fancy stat.

Example:

Evander Kane Shots = 197

Troll Capacity = 98%

1 - (.98/1) = .02

Kane S/G = 4.2

TMF S/G = .084

The math checks out, Kane sucks. 

I'll tell ya what, Captain. If you can provide evidence that I speculated that Pegula would continue the Toronto series, you can pick my avatar for a whatever (reasonable) period of time you also choose. (Of course this bet ignores the bizarre nature of your claim -- that such speculation could be considered inflammatory and untrue; how can speculation be true or not true?)

"I bet Pegula continues the Toronto series." Who's inflamed? How is it trolling?

Anywho, get to work on that. Blowers Cramp Jack and I are very secure in our future...

Here are the same links I've posted previously when you've claimed you didn't speculate on this:

What becomes of the Toronto series? Should be a no-brainer.

http://forums.sabres...ndpost&p=606514

I'm still interested to see how the Toronto decision flushes out.

http://forums.sabres...ndpost&p=606574

This all started when I asked what would become of the Toronto series and someone replied to the effect that, why even ask, of course it's gone.

My reply was that Terry wanted to do the right thing and not ride into town a multibillionaire, saying he didn't care about making money, and then raise ticket prices for a crappy product, in the midst of a lingering great recession. But he did. Clearly his business advisers (AKA three accountants and a funeral) talked him into it, so they could increase revenues and not potentially lose a chunk of revenue sharing. "Run it like a business."

Terry I would have to believe wants badly to end the Toronto series. But, again, he'll have smart business guys and gals tell him it's a sound strategic financial decision to keep playing up there. What will Terry decide?

Please explain how, exactly, this isn't "speculating as to whether TP would continue the Toronto series."

As for whether it's trolling:  IMHO, no one, including you, could seriously have considered the continuation of the series to be a reasonable possibility.  It was, and remains ridiculous on its face, and it was thrown into the midst of yet another PAFan diatribe about TP.  It was bound to elicit reactions ranging from eyerolls to irritation.

You've previously claimed you "confirmed" Kane (and others) used cocaine. Now you're backing off. He "looks" like a dude you know who uses coke so he obviously does.

Garbage.

You give garbage a bad name by comparing his crap to it.

I'm surprised he hasn't asserted that Kane snorted coke with Auston Matthews in the bathrooms of the high school Matthews didn't attend.

This isn't for you, NS. But can we ban the word troll here? Please? It's so moronic. Now NHLBUFF is a troll? I thought it was a good post. And Hoss is a troll who is "baiting" for "clicks." Of course I'm Troll Daddy, at least the site owner and master-baiter thinks so.

You agree with someone: "This." You disagree: Troll!

Please stop. It adds nothing to the forum.

Word.

The Troll Modification Factor is a percentage modifier to a real world statistic. It is calculated by dividing the troll capacity by the troll's perceived value in the world and subtracting it from 1. The modification factor is then multiplied by the real statistic to produce the desired fancy stat.

Example:

Evander Kane Shots = 197

Troll Capacity = 98%

1 - (.98/1) = .02

Kane S/G = 4.2

TMF S/G = .084

be31198be44dd9417542e1979d545f60.png

Edited by JJFIVEOH

You give garbage a bad name by comparing his crap to it.

I'm surprised he hasn't asserted that Kane snorted coke with Auston Matthews in the bathrooms of the high school Matthews didn't attend.

You folks have no idea how bad the cocaine problem is in hockey, not just the NHL.   

I understand you have no reason to believe me, I'm just words on a page here, so I'll leave it at that.

You folks have no idea how bad the cocaine problem is in hockey, not just the NHL.   

I understand you have no reason to believe me, I'm just words on a page here, so I'll leave it at that.

I don't think anyone doubts that there's a fair amount of cocaine use/abuse among NHL players. More than among your average group of bears, so to speak. (See the link below for something Google returned to me.)

I think what people are looking askance at is the fairly casual way in which you've implicated specific players as ones who use cocaine.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Flt.se%2Fsport%2Fishockey%2F1.3171558-loov-vissa-krokar-nar-som-helst-&edit-text=

Well, and this too:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-acknowledges-it-has-a-cocaine-problem-051534866.html

I think what people are looking askance at is the fairly casual way in which you've implicated specific players as ones who use cocaine.

Yup.  Lets just cast aspersions with nothing to back it up with other than, "look at the appearance of the guy he hangs with on social media". 

What the hell does all this coke business have to do with anything, anyway? If every NHLer (apparently) is on coke, yet they can show up to practice on time, then coke is irrelevant here.

I think this is actually proof that he doesn't do coke, because as many of us here know, any true coke head would have just stayed up all night, gone to practice, then slept for 23 hours afterward.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.