Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

I just spent the weekend sick and binging on WWII in HD and Vietnam in HD on the HIstory channel. Drafted at 18, average age of an enlisted soldier in Vietnam was 22. Watching that ###### puts age and maturity questions into perceptive quick. 24 is an adult.

For someone w/ those experiences, it is. It also is according to our laws & customs.

That said, for your average American or Canadian, there is still a LOT of growing up to do at that age. Kane seems, for the most part, to be getting there/ is there. And then he does something like this, and we realize that he isn't fully there. He seems to be taking his punishment without whining - which is another sign of maturity. Good for the team - and good for him.

Many of us that are looking at 24 distantly in the rear view can remember crud we pulled back then and there were several occassions of doing dumber things than sleeping in on a workday. Thankfully, that's in the past. :)

I just spent the weekend sick and binging on WWII in HD and Vietnam in HD on the HIstory channel. Drafted at 18, average age of an enlisted soldier in Vietnam was 22. Watching that ###### puts age and maturity questions into perceptive quick. 24 is an adult.

Ever see a 12 year old who has one parent and younger siblings?  They can be awfully mature as well.  

This analogy is pointless.  Stick Evander Kane in the middle of a battlefield with a weapon and people shooting at him and I can guarantee he'll be behaving a lot differently than a 24 year old with millions of dollars and having people cater to him all his life.

If you want to hate the guy at least choose better supporting evidence.

Edited by LTS

If the Hawks were 28th place in the league, hadn't been to the playoffs in 5 years, and PKane was 210th in the league in scoring instead of 1st, they would have traded him. Not exactly Apples to Apples. And the Bills should absolutely trade McCoy. You don't think they should? The issue with McCoy isn't whether he should be traded or not, it's that he can't be traded. Nobody would touch the guy now. Philly saw it coming and jumped off the bus before it crashed, that's why they traded him before it got to this point. That's what the Sabres have to do with Kane. All the warning signs are there. Jump off the bus. It's only going to get worse and they'll end up getting nothing for him.

It's practice. I mean, seriously, it's literally one practice. You know what's not Apples to Apples comparisons? Kane's physical assault and sexual assault investigation. Those are serious. 

It's practice. I mean, seriously, it's literally one ###### practice. You know what's not Apples to Apples comparisons? Kane's physical assault and sexual assault investigation. Those are serious. 

They also appear to have been false accusations -- I think the investigation has been terminated, and Paul Hamilton mentioned (I think on Schoop/Bulldog) that his understanding is that the physical evidence on the accuser's body came from another dude.

It's practice. I mean, seriously, it's literally one ###### practice. You know what's not Apples to Apples comparisons? Kane's physical assault and sexual assault investigation. Those are serious. 

You talkin about practice?  Practice?  Not a game, not a game.  But practice??

They also appear to have been false accusations -- I think the investigation has been terminated, and Paul Hamilton mentioned (I think on Schoop/Bulldog) that his understanding is that the physical evidence on the accuser's body came from another dude.

Meant Patrick Kane's. I am aware of Evander's investigation, but I really don't think you can compare the two cases. It'd be like saying 'I got a traffic ticket' when comparing a DUI and a rolling stop

Edited by WildCard

This would be curious. Does Kane have a friend who uses his car? The hospital initiated the investigation based on evidence they found and the evidence led them to Kane and his vehicle.

Meant Patrick Kane's

OK -- but of course also worth noting that those allegations also appear to have been fabricated.

This would be curious. Does Kane have a friend who uses his car? The hospital initiated the investigation based on evidence they found and the evidence led them to Kane and his vehicle.

Hammy didn't say anything about the car. 

Perhaps it was the friend who was driving 95 and taking photos of the speedometer...

OK -- but of course also worth noting that those allegations also appear to have been fabricated.

I've been down that road, and we all know where I stand on that. It's also worth noting Patrick Kane has videos of himself intoxicated and multiple reports witnessing him choking and yelling to a girl that she was a ' Jew' for not taking his advances well. 

The point being, is Patrick Kane has done much, much worse, and nobody over there is crying for his termination. Other NHL players, athletes, have done worse than missing a practice, and nobody calls for a trade. Calling for a trade for Kane because of a practice and apparent team issues on a different team, one that has completely collapsed and has had other issues outside of Kane, is absurd. 

was told it's standard procedure for police to get search warrant on accused's residence and vehicle. ... as for the investigation, it's currently on a far backburner that's frustrated people in Kane's camp as to why it hasn't been dropped. all indications are there's no evidence of wrong-doing. but until the DA comes out and officially announces it, this thing is technically not over.

jw

was told it's standard procedure for police to get search warrant on accused's residence and vehicle. ... as for the investigation, it's currently on a far backburner that's frustrated people in Kane's camp as to why it hasn't been dropped. all indications are there's no evidence of wrong-doing. but until the DA comes out and officially announces it, this thing is technically not over.

jw

The confiscation of his vehicle seems to go a step beyond a search, though. Although I have seen him driving it for some time so it's safe to assume it was brief.

Also the current DA is in the middle of a fight to go from "acting DA" to actual DA. His party just endorsed another candidate. He may be holding off for election reasons.

The confiscation of his vehicle seems to go a step beyond a search, though. Although I have seen him driving it for some time so it's safe to assume it was brief.

Also the current DA is in the middle of a fight to go from "acting DA" to actual DA. His party just endorsed another candidate. He may be holding off for election reasons.

They only confiscate the vehicle to protect the integrity of the search, then they return it.

This is your argument? Now I know you're trolling.

Yeah, as a 24 year old who went in at 18 (now out) with two trips overseas(20/21, 23), I may be an adult but I still have very much growing up to do, as does Kane. Not to mention the maturity level in the military is zero. Kane honestly has to act probably like more of an adult than the majority of 24 year olds in the military. 

But now it's affecting his ability to do his job. That's a leap in a bad direction. Two strikes and Zadorov was out.

Kane was at the NBA dunk contest the night before the game on Sunday. Didn't show in his play there. He stayed out too late and up. He likes it here, his teammates like him. If it happens again it's an issue. For now it's just a dumb mistake.

Kane was at the NBA dunk contest the night before the game on Sunday. Didn't show in his play there. He stayed out too late and ###### up. He likes it here, his teammates like him. If it happens again it's an issue. For now it's just a dumb mistake.

apparently he didn't bring enough 8-balls to the all-star game Sunday and overslept.   

i like Kane, honestly, I do.   it's just the lifestyle these days.    people wonder why cocaine is the drug of choice for hockey players.... just look at how many hours they spend on the ice a week, no off days, twice on game days, trouble falling asleep after a game then getting up early for another skate, back-to-backs, etc.... they need to cut back on the number of practices and back-to-backs so these guys can clean up their noses.

apparently he didn't bring enough 8-balls to the all-star game Sunday and overslept.   

i like Kane, honestly, I do.   it's just the lifestyle these days.    people wonder why cocaine is the drug of choice for hockey players.... just look at how many hours they spend on the ice a week, no off days, twice on game days, trouble falling asleep after a game then getting up early for another skate, back-to-backs, etc.... they need to cut back on the number of practices and back-to-backs so these guys can clean up their noses.

Sorry Pi.

I'm not buying it's a rough life and they're overworked.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.