Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

I was under the impression that Kaner didn't drink alcohol...

Well, my bad, then.

I don't do Snapchat, so I didn't see the content. I read the report that way.

Who ####in' cares?! I mean really.

I get it.

GDit! Twenty somethings are supposed to be robots whose only purpose is to entertain me!!!

I care. Enough to post on an internet message board.

I'm not requesting robots. I'm merely saying that a Delta Bravo who contemporaneously documents a prelude to an unexcused absence from a very high profile job is a dipshit.

Also, I'm increasingly ambivalent about his game. Maybe I need some #fancystats to set me straight.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Where does this guy want to play? LA, Miami or NY I am guessing. Maybe Chicago. The m.o. seems to be getting himself traded out of town.

I wouldn't go that far in this situation. A young guy made a bad judgement call after a long night out. Who hasn't done it before? Sure, you can make the repeat offender argument for him, but I don't view this as egregious. Just a bad call by a young guy.

I wouldn't go that far in this situation. A young guy made a bad judgement call after a long night out. Who hasn't done it before? Sure, you can make the repeat offender argument for him, but I don't view this as egregious. Just a bad call by a young guy.

He's not young. And he's already had enough adult problems that if he hasn't learned by now it points to a bigger issue with him. Sabres would be better to get rid of him now before he has a chance to rub off on any of the real youth on the team.

He's not young. And he's already had enough adult problems that if he hasn't learned by now it points to a bigger issue with him. Sabres would be better to get rid of him now before he has a chance to rub off on any of the real youth on the team.

And the Hawks should trade Kane, the Bills McCoy, and every team everywhere should get rid of 'problem players' Dude is loved by his teammates in Buffalo and misses one practice and the Sabres, with no wing depth and no elite wingers outside of Kane, should trade a 24 year old guy with 2 very cap friendy years left and who fits perfectly here for missing to practice. Wow Edited by WildCard

While I am not condoning over-sleeping and missing practice, in a weird sort of way, Kane's jet-setting lifestyle may be the best recruiting tool ever for the team. He is showing just how easy it is to get from Buffalo to Toronto, to New York, to Cleveland and in most cases get home for practice or a game. Playing in a city that is as close to Canadian as you can get without the pressure of playing in one of Canada's hotbeds.

That's a very positive spin.  Now they just need to show how a player can do that and get back to practice on time. :)

I think most people would have. 

Well done.

I think less of him as a player because he allowed his personal life to interfere with his profession and his responsibilities.  I would prefer to see a player with his ability respect that more and be more responsible.  That said, it's a team issue and not something I am overly concerned about.  If I were Murray and Bylsma I would have a different reaction.

Twenty-Three is still a baby in my eyes. I'm 44 and only in the last 5 years did I get my straight. Not everyone is going to be the boring Milquetoast team spokesman that your Crosby's, McDavids and other robots that exist around the league. I could give two craps if a 23 year old is acting like a 23 year old.

And the Hawks should trade Kane, the Bills McCoy, and every team everywhere should get rid of 'problem players' Dude is loved by his teammates in Buffalo and misses one practice and the Sabres, with no wing depth and no elite wingers outside of Kane, should trade a 24 year old guy with 2 very cap friendy years left and who fits perfectly here for missing to practice. Wow

If the Hawks were 28th place in the league, hadn't been to the playoffs in 5 years, and PKane was 210th in the league in scoring instead of 1st, they would have traded him. Not exactly Apples to Apples. And the Bills should absolutely trade McCoy. You don't think they should? The issue with McCoy isn't whether he should be traded or not, it's that he can't be traded. Nobody would touch the guy now. Philly saw it coming and jumped off the bus before it crashed, that's why they traded him before it got to this point. That's what the Sabres have to do with Kane. All the warning signs are there. Jump off the bus. It's only going to get worse and they'll end up getting nothing for him.

Disappointing Kane overslept but it happens. It's too bad though because he's under the microscope for sure. He has been playing very well lately and is the type of player every team wants, when he's on. He's one of a very few who can do it all and it's slowly coming around and then this. Hopefully he keeps the roll going.

It's hard for anyone to say what he wants though. Maybe he hates it there too and wants to go the big city of LA or NY but maybe he's super happy in Buffalo too. Hopefully he matures each and every day and becomes the player he can be and does it in Buffalo where good things are just around the corner.

I just spent the weekend sick and binging on WWII in HD and Vietnam in HD on the HIstory channel. Drafted at 18, average age of an enlisted soldier in Vietnam was 22. Watching that ###### puts age and maturity questions into perceptive quick. 24 is an adult.

Yes war is just like normal life, especially hockey. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.