Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

I don't worry over the over sleeping and missed practice.

I do worry a bit about how he has 2x as many shots as anyone on the team over the last 10 games. Is that a good thing? I don't know that it is.

I feel like half his goals are unassisted or solo efforts. Maybe the stats will back that up?

I laughed because of the post immediately after yours.

I just didn't want a "nobody really cares" narrative to be thrown out there.

Because I care. Musichunch cares. 

While I am not condoning over-sleeping and missing practice, in a weird sort of way, Kane's jet-setting lifestyle may be the best recruiting tool ever for the team. He is showing just how easy it is to get from Buffalo to Toronto, to New York, to Cleveland and in most cases get home for practice or a game. Playing in a city that is as close to Canadian as you can get without the pressure of playing in one of Canada's hotbeds.

I do worry a bit about how he has 2x as many shots as anyone on the team over the last 10 games. Is that a good thing? I don't know that it is.

If he has so many shots that he's missing practice the next morning, it is not a good thing.

The eye test doesn't show him being a hog or anything, if that's what you mean, any more than he had been. I saw a few nice, crisp passes from him yesterday from places where he is sometimes inclined to shoot a low-percentage shot. I'm really enjoying the way Kane has been playing lately. 

Separately, the entire play for the second goal, Samson's pass and Kane's shot; that is what I spent all summer dreaming about. It was just fantastic to see.

FTFY.

I could see where, especially the way that he's been playing lately, he could have told DB that he'd really like to go to the bouncey-ball exhibition game and ask if it was ok to miss practice the next day if conditions dictated it. A reasonable boss could allow it (or not, whatever) but the subject absolutely could've (should've) been broached ahead of time.

In what sports universe is this request granted? Hey, boys, Evander got practice off today so he could sleep off his hangover from the All Star game last night.

Stinks that this happened. Not acceptable, so he deserves to be scratched one game. But it is something that happens from time to time, looking at different examples of other players with similar circumstances, so if it doesn't become a pattern nothing more needs to be made of it. Hopefully he learns from it and it doesn't affect his great play as of late.

I'm sure they've got a rule that you miss the game if you miss practice.

Maybe if he was Russian he would've made it to practice on time.

It took me several minutes to get this pun, and when I did, I greatly appreciated it.

Perhaps it was his turn to donate youthful energy to the Immortal Jaromir Jagr, on this, the beginning of his 44th trip around the sun. The process siphoned him of his strength and ability to get to practice on time. 

Excellent.

In what sports universe is this request granted? Hey, boys, Evander got practice off today so he could sleep off his hangover from the All Star game last night.

Hey boys, Evander just jacked a guy 3 times in 1 game and has a goal in each of the last 2. He's busting his arse on the ice, we're letting him skip tomorrow's skate.

Any of you want to show that kind of in game effort, maybe you can skip practice too. :p

Hey boys, Evander just jacked a guy 3 times in 1 game and has a goal in each of the last 2. He's busting his arse on the ice, we're letting him skip tomorrow's skate.

Any of you want to show that kind of in game effort, maybe you can skip practice too. :p

Yep.

Any of you want to show that kind of in game effort, maybe you can skip practice too. :P

Is there precedent for this kind of thing? "Maintenance day"?

Zadarov didn't have a sexual assault investigation hovering over him. Nor was he kicked off his previous team by his teammates.

But let's ignore that elephant in the room. Go Buffalo!

I can call the police right now and say you say you assaulted me and they would investigate you. Doesn't mean it happened. Again, what team was he kicked off of? Edited by Kr632

Haha, oh Evander. I'm sympathetic. I was still a f'ing moron at 24, too. And at 25, 26 and 27. Started growing up a little bit at 28 and more so at 29. I'm not gonna jump all over an athlete for partying late on a work night. I'm sure a lot of us have (I'm also sure that some of us haven't). If he were a pilot or a surgeon, I may care. He plays a kids game for a living and he's having fun. So long as he's not driving back from Toronto doing 120 mph, bombed and not wearing a seatbelt, then I'm not going to care.   

So, confirmed that he was posting content to Snapchat showing him doing shots at ass o'clock in TO.

Dipshit.

Who ####in' cares?! I mean really.

I get it.

GDit! Twenty somethings are supposed to be robots whose only purpose is to entertain me!!!

Haha, oh Evander. I'm sympathetic. I was still a f'ing moron at 24, too. And at 25, 26 and 27. Started growing up a little bit at 28 and more so at 29. I'm not gonna jump all over an athlete for partying late on a work night. I'm sure a lot of us have (I'm also sure that some of us haven't). If he were a pilot or a surgeon, I may care. He plays a kids game for a living and he's having fun. So long as he's not driving back from Toronto doing 120 mph, bombed and not wearing a seatbelt, then I'm not going to care.   

Is that a Tim Horton reference?  I still remember the day I heard the news.

Edited by Tondas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.