Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Again I don't dispute any of that, it's your assertion that he had no say in process with admittedly no evidence that I am disputing. I don't think there is any doubt he preferred Jackson.

Dispute it all you want. It's an opinion. Neither of us have any evidence to disprove it.

I'm going to post a full-roster breakdown sometime tonight (hopefully) with guys I think we should/will keep and guys I think we should/will get rid of.

Dispute it all you want. It's an opinion. Neither of us have any evidence to disprove it.

I'm going to post a full-roster breakdown sometime tonight (hopefully) with guys I think we should/will keep and guys I think we should/will get rid of.

And that's a generational thing, posting things that can't be "disproved" without worrying about being right. Unfortunate.

I do look forward to the roster breakdown,though.

And that's a generational thing, posting things that can't be "disproved" without worrying about being right. Unfortunate.

Oh give it a rest. There's tons of posting things that can't be proved or disproved all over this board. We've all got some opinions that probably don't hold much water as far as apparent facts show... Why in the world would I, somebody who has publicly said Whaley should be fired for over a year now, post something that would free him from blame for hiring Rex? I'm not filling an agenda here...

This post is unfortunate.

Edited by Hoss

I think the bills should clean house, besides the gm they should fire the entire training staff as well.

It won't happen because it would be nuts I guess :P

Rex really 'effed this team up something fierce. Took a great defense and neutered it. Common wisdom says you don't fire a coach after one year, especially one with a rich 5-year deal. But Terry always said he can just drill a well if he needs cash. 

Contract data can be viewed here: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

(READ BELOW before responding)

KEY:
BLUE – Player should be settled in Buffalo for at least a few more years, long-term piece
GREEN – Bring player back for another year but not currently a guarantee long-term
RED – Cut or trade this player (cap savings for cutting in parentheses)
ORANGE – Let this player walk via free agency

BOLD if I'm confident this will be their outcome

QB – Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel ($0), Josh Johnson
RB – LeSean McCoy, Karlos Williams, Boobie Dixon ($1.15M), Mike Gilislee (re-sign), Jerome Felton, Cierre Wood
WR – Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, Percy Harvin, Marcus Easley, Marcus Thigpen, Marquise Goodwin ($710K)
TE – Charles Clay, Chris Gragg ($675K), Nick O’Leary ($525K), Marqueis Gray
OT – Cordy Glenn (re-sign), Seantrel Henderson ($587K), Jordan Mills, Cyrus Kouandjio ($402K)
OG – Richie Incognito (re-sign), John Miller, Kraig Urbik ($1.7M), Ryan Groy
C – Eric Wood
DE – Mario Williams ($12.9M), Jerry Hughes, Jairus Wynn, IK Enemkpali ($600K), Lavar Edwards ($675K)
DT – Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams ($5M), Corbin Bryant (re-sign), Stefan Charles, Alex Carrington, TJ Barnes ($600K)
OLB – Manny Lawson, Randell Johnson, Ty Powell (re-sign), Nigel Bradham, AJ Tarpley ($525K)
MLB – Preston Brown, Tony Steward, Kevin Reddick ($675K)
CB – Stephon Gilmore, Ronald Darby, Nickell Robey, Leodis McKelvin ($3.9M), Mario Butler, Ron Brooks, Cam Thomas ($524K)
S – Corey Graham, Aaron Williams, Bacarri Rambo (re-sign), Jonathan Meeks ($600K), Duke Williams ($675K)
K – Dan Carpenter ($1.8M), Jordan Gay ($600K)
P – Colton Schmidt (re-sign)
LS – Garrison Sanborn

Bills current cap space prior to any moves: Between =$2.8M and $0.2M if the $150M-153M project is correct; $152.8M dedicated to 48 players

Bills cap space after CUTS ONLY above: Between $35.5M and $37.5M; $114.5M dedicated to 25 players

A cap of $150M gives you an average of $2.9M per player (only top 51 contracts hit the cap). $114.5M to 25 players is an average of $4.58M per player. There's some work to do there, but that's also with realizing I cut a ton of cheap depth players that would cost between $600-$1M.

I understand there is just no way they end up cutting/trading or letting all those players walk. It just doesn't and can't happen because there's not enough time to turnover half the roster. But I highlighted every player I believed fit best into each category. I won't be upset if several of the depth guys are kept around.

It's going to take some magic to work with this roster considering they will have zero cap space heading into the offseason. They can create an extra $25M of open space by cutting just Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon, Leodis McKelvin and Kraig Urbik. That should be enough to re-sign everybody you want to bring back, your rookie class and maybe wiggle room for a cheap free agent or two.

I know EXACTLY what punt you're talking about, and it's when I stopped paying attention to the game.  Which was about seven minutes after I started paying attention to the game.

My question is, why even bring punters or kickers on the trip? 

I heard today that the D got their 20th sack today.  That is a mere pittance to what they had last year.  Might just be the biggest tell of what went wrong this season.

I would say the biggest tells were the penalties and general lack of discipline. 

Overall, Rex Ryan's ego is the biggest problem. He is a good defensive coach, he's not Belichick good where he can scheme his team to victory despite it's short comings. One third of the teams wins came against the Dolphins. Their one quality win came against a Jet's team that had yet to turn things around.

There just isn't much or really any positives to be taken from this season.  

Edited by DeLuca1967

My question is, why even bring punters or kickers on the trip? 

I would say the biggest tells were the penalties and general lack of discipline. 

Overall, Rex Ryan's is the biggest problem. He is a good defensive coach, he's not Belichick good where he can scheme his team to victory despite it's short comings. One third of the teams wins came against the Dolphins. Their one quality win came against a Jet's team that had yet to turn things around.

There just isn't much or really any positives to be taken from this season.  

Lack of discipline + countless penalties + little success = Bully. Ryan delivered what he promised. 

At this point I will have a hard time being interested in the Bills next year unless they make major changes.

I'm pretty sure I see this exact same post every single season.  I'm going to suggest that anyone saying it should do the same thing I've been doing lately.  I haven't watched a single game in the last month or so.  My weekends have been great.  Sure, I want this team to turn things around, but I'm past the point of wasting my time watching to see if anything has changed.

I'm pretty sure I see this exact same post every single season. I'm going to suggest that anyone saying it should do the same thing I've been doing lately. I haven't watched a single game in the last month or so. My weekends have been great. Sure, I want this team to turn things around, but I'm past the point of wasting my time watching to see if anything has changed.

Yeh well said, Bills and NFL have lost me... too many issues on too many different levels

Edited by North Buffalo

I'm pretty sure I see this exact same post every single season.  I'm going to suggest that anyone saying it should do the same thing I've been doing lately.  I haven't watched a single game in the last month or so.  My weekends have been great.  Sure, I want this team to turn things around, but I'm past the point of wasting my time watching to see if anything has changed.

It was so nice using my time yesterday more productively.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.