Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Yep

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  1h

Mario Williams missed team meeting this past week, per source. Williams told Bills he was sick, not everyone there believed it.

295 retweets315 likes

Jason LaConfora, who always seems to come out with this report every offseason, started early this year:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419914/showdown-between-whaley-and-coaching-staff-could-be-brewing-in-buffalo

Friction between the coaches and Whaley.

Has LaCanfora been right about anything ever? Serious question. Of all the mainstream talking heads out there, he seems by far the least reliable.

So with 19m in cap space freed up, and the cap rising IIRC, what do we do with that?

In a perfect world, the Jets are stupid and don't pay Wilkerson. In the real world, possibly re-sign Glenn and try to find value at S or LB. I'll be honest, haven't looked much at the UFA list yet, but will once the semester ends.

Other things to do: pay Gilmore and possibly give Tyrod a medium term extension.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure.

There is this tidbit as well. 

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/pegula-listening-to-outside-advice-on-bills-personnel-matters/

JW just posted this as well

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow  31s

Swimming against the overly speculative stream here, but a few texts were enough to suggest there's not much panicky smoke to this fire.

So with 19m in cap space freed up, and the cap rising IIRC, what do we do with that?

They don't clear all $19M. Just $12.9M of it.

And chances are that cap will be eaten up by whatever they do at left tackle/on the offensive line.

In a perfect world, the Jets are stupid and don't pay Wilkerson. In the real world, possibly re-sign Glenn and try to find value at S or LB. I'll be honest, haven't looked much at the UFA list yet, but will once the semester ends.

Other things to do: pay Gilmore and possibly give Tyrod a medium term extension.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure.

Luckily I did look at the free agent list!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Some names I like on there that should be reasonable:

Derrick Johnson, ILB, Kansas City Chiefs

Andre Smith, RT, Cincinnati Bengals

Mitchell Schwartz, RT, Cleveland Browns

Russell Okung, OT, Seattle Seahawks (if we let Glenn walk)

Mason Crosby (Green Bay) and Justin Tucker (Baltimore) kickers

Jason Jones, DE, Detroit Lions

Sean Weatherspoon, ILB/OLB, Arizona Cardinals (he could probably be had on the minimum and has serious health issues but is talented)

Alex Boone, G, San Francisco 49ers

Evan Mathis, G, Denver Broncos

Mike DeVito, DT, Kansas City Chiefs (former Rex dlineman)

This is why I'm done with football next year. I may follow just enough to play fantasy but that's about it. This team is a joke from top to bottom. NFL is an unwatchable product and the only reason I watched was because of the Bills. I don't have Direct TV so I need to go out to watch the games. The closest bar to my house is a Jets bar. They do play all the other games but got no there is almost intolerable. No way I'm putting myself through that any more just to watch the Bills fail, again. Professional sports is in decline. I've gave up on MLB, then NBA, then NASCAR and now NFL. NHL isn't far behind the way it's going. 

This may end up being true over the next year or two. But the least people could do is lob legitimate criticism.

This may end up being true over the next year or two. But the least people could do is lob legitimate criticism.

oh please...whats obvious is obvious. there is no 'may be true' about it. rex is a horrible hc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.