Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

9-7, and we'll see how much worse than that they finish I guess.

I wish we had taken advantage of our easy schedule this year, can't get much better than NFC east + AFC south

Do you really count that Patriots win? I mean I know it counts, but do you think we even sniff a victory in that game if the Pats had anything to play for and didn't put Garoppolo in for a half?

Anyway, I just came to say that of they close out the season like they are playing today, I'll be on the fire everyone train. Saying this is a run for the bus performance would be giving their effort too much credit. And that goal line sequence was the most pathetic I've seen in awhile.

Do you really count that Patriots win? I mean I know it counts, but do you think we even sniff a victory in that game if the Pats had anything to play for and didn't put Garoppolo in for a half?

Anyway, I just came to say that of they close out the season like they are playing today, I'll be on the fire everyone train. Saying this is a run for the bus performance would be giving their effort too much credit. And that goal line sequence was the most pathetic I've seen in awhile.

I certainly don't count it as a loss.

I wonder if and when Sammy requests a trade.

This may be an entirely different game if Tyrod doesn't miss Sammy wide open for a TD on 3rd and 9 during the Bills third drive.

Also...

The good QB:

Tyrod in the first half - 3-for-8 with 27 yards. Seven rushes for 52 yards.

The bad QB:

Kirk Cousins in the first half - 14-for-17 for 182 yards and 2 TDs. One rush for 13 yards and a TD.

Edited by Hoss

This may be an entirely different game if Tyrod doesn't miss Sammy wide open for a TD on 3rd and 9 during the Bills third drive.

Also...

The good QB:

Tyrod in the first half - 3-for-8 with 27 yards. Seven rushes for 52 yards.

The bad QB:

Kirk Cousins in the first half - 14-for-17 for 182 yards and 2 TDs. One rush for 13 yards and a TD.

You're just trolling, right? Nobody in their right mind is going to use this game as evidence of Cousins being good.

I certainly don't count it as a loss.

I wonder if and when Sammy requests a trade.

I'll ask again: Do you think we sniff a win, in Foxboro, if the Patriots are playing to win and don't start Garoppolo for a half? Gronk didn't even dress for it!

Edited by TrueBlueGED

You're just trolling, right? Nobody in their right mind is going to use this game as evidence of Cousins being good.

I'll ask again: Do you think we sniff a win, in Foxboro, if the Patriots are playing to win and don't start Garoppolo for a half? Gronk didn't even dress for it!

Maybe? They didn't lose the game regardless of who was playing so it's nonsensical to put an 8 in the loss column...

You play the games that are on the schedule. It's not the bills problem that the pats benched everyone. Every win is worth the same in the W column.

Anyway does it matter? The team still sucks. The can't score from the 1 on 4 plays.

Maybe? They didn't lose the game regardless of who was playing so it's nonsensical to put an 8 in the loss column...

As is tossing out a record without proper context.

You play the games that are on the schedule. It's not the bills problem that the pats benched everyone. Every win is worth the same in the W column.

Anyway does it matter? The team still sucks. The can't score from the 1 on 4 plays.

Of course it's worth a win, but if we finish this year say 8-8, losing one additional game is not proof of significant regression when that's the one game. My point is that's a bad argument.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

So I can call the Raiders loss an asterisk because we lost Dareus and were crushing them until that point? Can't we go through every season and adjust every record like that? Put an asterisk on it if you really insist on it, but just changing the number because of that one game is ridiculous imo.

Yea, dominating weak opponents is never something good QBs are supposed to do.

Also can't use any of these games:

23-for-27 for 203 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs vs Rams

31-for-46 for 290 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs vs Eagles

33-for-40 for 317 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs vs Bucs

20-for-25 for 324 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs vs Saints

20-for-29 for 302 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs vs Giants

All wins.

I don't think Cousins is a god or a "franchise QB." But he's not bad and isn't the joke many still want to believe he is. He's a good starter. I think he could improve and become a franchise QB. I also thought he should've been a first-round pick...

Was it you that referred me to Cian Fahey? Whoever it was - that guy is unbearable. He's got great analysis. Some of the better and more thorough analysis than I've seen on social media... But that guy gets an opinion then REFUSES to change it. He will not say a single good thing about a player he thinks is bad and vice versa.

Of course it's worth a win, but if we finish this year say 8-8, losing one additional game is not proof of significant regression when that's the one game. My point is that's a bad argument.

Flagg made my next point. What happens when the bills lose to inferior teams because of injuries and phantom calls? Do we get to count them differently? Or am I being silly because there are no teams inferior to the bills?

If we can't use a game against the Bills as a positive for Kirk Cousins why can't you consider the schedule when viewing team record from one year to the next? The Bills played a brutal AFC South and NFC East this year. Last year they drew the solid AFC West and bad-to-decent NFC North.

So I can call the Raiders loss an asterisk because we lost Dareus and were crushing them until that point? Can't we go through every season and adjust every record like that? Put an asterisk on it if you really insist on it, but just changing the number because of that one game is ridiculous imo.

Is your argument Dareus is equivalent to Brady and Gronk? I mean come on man, we're not winning that Pats game if they're trying. "Maybe" we  win, and maybe I win the lottery by buying a ticket. But let's be real here.

You mention throwing a record out without context but you literally said we were 8-8 in a season we finished 9-7, and said it without context.

I think in the flow of the conversation most would know what I meant. 

If we can't use a game against the Bills as a positive for Kirk Cousins why can't you consider the schedule when viewing team record from one year to the next? The Bills played a brutal AFC South and NFC East this year. Last year they drew the solid AFC West and bad-to-decent NFC North.

I never said you can't consider schedule when viewing record, in fact, I said the exact opposite: I said you can't throw out a record as evidence without proper context. Schedule is proper context. If you want to argue that going from 9-7* to 8-8 or 7-9 undersells the regression because of the difference in strength of schedule, that's a perfectly fine argument. 

Yea, dominating weak opponents is never something good QBs are supposed to do.

Also can't use any of these games:

23-for-27 for 203 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs vs Rams

31-for-46 for 290 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs vs Eagles

33-for-40 for 317 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs vs Bucs

20-for-25 for 324 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs vs Saints

20-for-29 for 302 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs vs Giants

All wins.

I don't think Cousins is a god or a "franchise QB." But he's not bad and isn't the joke many still want to believe he is. He's a good starter. I think he could improve and become a franchise QB. I also thought he should've been a first-round pick...

Was it you that referred me to Cian Fahey? Whoever it was - that guy is unbearable. He's got great analysis. Some of the better and more thorough analysis than I've seen on social media... But that guy gets an opinion then REFUSES to change it. He will not say a single good thing about a player he thinks is bad and vice versa.

Using a set of 6 games is much different than zeroing in on this one, where not only is the defense bad, but the team is clearly running for the bus. C'mon man. There's value in consistently smoking bad defenses, absolutely. That's different than saying he smoked this one bad defense this one time.

As to Cian Fahey, that's definitely a legit criticism of his commentary. But that doesn't invalidate his observations of how Cousins has been fortunate with more than usual interceptable passes being dropped. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.