Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

At this point I will have a hard time being interested in the Bills next year unless they make major changes.

Believe that was the thought many had last year. Yet, most, including myself, tend to return to the Bills. Why? Why? Why?!  :wallbash:

Because , no matter how bad Freeman wants him gone, Russ is awesome at his job.  Rex Ryan is our coach!  We signed T.O.!  We signed Mario Williams! Etc. etc. etc.  He's got Bills fans figured out.  I can't wait to see what he pulls out this year.  The trick is to not buy in.  There will be "major changes" sold to the fans, but the result will likely be the same.

I'm pretty sure I see this exact same post every single season.  I'm going to suggest that anyone saying it should do the same thing I've been doing lately.  I haven't watched a single game in the last month or so.  My weekends have been great.  Sure, I want this team to turn things around, but I'm past the point of wasting my time watching to see if anything has changed.

I'm with you.  It has been wonderful.  Here's the trick that I'm trying for next year.  View the off season from this same perspective.  I'm not getting drawn in until they give me ample reason ON THE FIELD to do so.  I don't care what Russ' marketing plan is during the off season.  I'm now a detached Bills fan from Missouri and loving my new state.  :P

At this point I will have a hard time being interested in the Bills next year unless they make major changes.

I'm not renewing NFL Sunday Ticket next year.  I don't play fantasy football any more and if the Bills are going to be mediocre as usual then it isn't worth the money.

Edit: but if I lived in Buffalo where I didn't have to drop several hundred dollars to see the games, then.... I'd probably still watch.   :)

Edited by Potato

I'm not renewing NFL Sunday Ticket next year.  I don't play fantasy football any more and if the Bills are going to be mediocre as usual then it isn't worth the money.

Edit: but if I lived in Buffalo where I didn't have to drop several hundred dollars to see the games, then.... I'd probably still watch.   :)

Do you ever go to McNamara's?

I made the same determination a few weeks ago, even though I usually get it heavily discounted or free.  It just isn't worth it anymore.

At least the NHL isn't in the situation the NFL is in. Hockey doesn't have the popularity the NFL has, so the NHL may drift towards the mess the NFL is in, but it'll never reach it. Just get rid of the freakin' coaches challenge. 

I've said this numerous times. The only NFL I watch is the Buffalo Bills. Used to watch games across the league, but it's not what it used to be. Have lost interests in it all. As for the NHL, I'll watch any game. 

Edited by Thanes16

I'm at such a low point with the Bills that I'm not even sure I'm at a low point. Feels more like apathy.

And the knowledge that we most likely have Rex running the show for a couple more years just reinforces that feeling.

What really sucks is all the Jets fans saying *We told you so* about Rex. 

I'm at such a low point with the Bills that I'm not even sure I'm at a low point. Feels more like apathy.

And the knowledge that we most likely have Rex running the show for a couple more years just reinforces that feeling.

I remember the exact point where I reached apathy with the Bills.  It was the blown Monday night game at home against Dallas.  I distinctly remember watching it all unfold with zero emotion, and when it was over I simply stood up clicked off the TV and went to bed.  In previous years there would have been a big scene with swearing and yelling at the TV...they drain your soul until you simply have nothing more to give.

I remember the exact point where I reached apathy with the Bills.  It was the blown Monday night game at home against Dallas.  I distinctly remember watching it all unfold with zero emotion, and when it was over I simply stood up clicked off the TV and went to bed.  In previous years there would have been a big scene with swearing and yelling at the TV...they drain your soul until you simply have nothing more to give.

It's been a slow process for me.  Seeing more and more how they rope you in.  Every off season has it's marketing blitz and promises of improvement, the same excuses and stupid mistakes every single game, the stupid personnel moves, the same people running things year after year. Then the NFL itself has gotten progressively more and more unwatchable.  More and more commercials, more and more flags and horrible calls.  The NFL has become so bad.  They know they have a captive, addicted audience and they're seeing just how much money they can get from it while the product gets worse and worse.  They create and exploit the "gray areas" in the rules to justify horrible calls every week.

It was awesome to not know the score of the game or how it went and then tune into WGR at 5:00 yesterday while I was making dinner.  Schopp being a dismissive, arrogant ###### and arguing with drunk fans is the only Bills highlight of the week for me.

You poor bastages.  I hit the I-don't-care point about the time it became clearly evident that JP Losman wasn't the answer.  What was that, 8 quarterbacks ago now? 

This thread is highly entertaining for me.  Much more so than actually watching the games.

You poor bastages.  I hit the I-don't-care point about the time it became clearly evident that JP Losman wasn't the answer.  What was that, 8 quarterbacks ago now? 

This thread is highly entertaining for me.  Much more so than actually watching the games.

I had to look, but that Dallas game was eight years ago and Trent Edwards was the QB so I wasn't too far behind you.  So it was at the midway point of the 16 years of irrelevance that the Bills became irrelevant to me.

Oh! Thanks for reminding me, but I meant to thank the posters that watched and commented live on the game.  It was great Monday morning reading.  It's become my new favorite way to "watch" my favorite team.

I'm sure next year will be better.  My expectations have been re-calibrated to 8-8, so anything north of that will be better..  and Brady will be one year older...

Hope!  This used to be me...

I still care, watch the games, and believe something has got to give sooner rather than later.  I am of the belief that we are cursed because of Doug Flutie being shafted in that '99-'00 time frame.  

It gets better someday, right?

But I'm now saying to posts like this...  Nope!

Oh! Thanks for reminding me, but I meant to thank the posters that watched and commented live on the game.  It was great Monday morning reading.  It's become my new favorite way to "watch" my favorite team.

Hope!  This used to be me...

But I'm now saying to posts like this...  Nope!

I outlived Marino's career, I can out live Brady too.. 

I outlived Marino's career, I can out live Brady too.. 

The Bills largely owned Marino.  I'd like to be able to own good quarterbacks again instead of waiting for them to retire or become the equivalent of the current Peyton Manning.

Besides, NE may never be worse at quarterback than the Bills.  I saw somewhere that since Brady's become a starter, they've drafted 10 QBs.  The bills have drafted 4 in that time frame.

I had to look, but that Dallas game was eight years ago and Trent Edwards was the QB so I wasn't too far behind you.  So it was at the midway point of the 16 years of irrelevance that the Bills became irrelevant to me.

I'm hipster, dude!  I was apathetic towards the Bills before it was cool!

The Bills largely owned Marino.  I'd like to be able to own good quarterbacks again instead of waiting for them to retire or become the equivalent of the current Peyton Manning.

Besides, NE may never be worse at quarterback than the Bills.  I saw somewhere that since Brady's become a starter, they've drafted 10 QBs.  The bills have drafted 4 in that time frame.

Father time will eventually degrade Belicheck and Brady.  Belicheck could win it all this year and retire.  You never know about these things.  He'll eventually be gone and so too will Brady. 

True dat about Marino, but if you lived through it, you remember it wasn't easy.  Miami week was a big deal. I lived through 0-20 to Miami in the 70s.  Everything passes,and NE will pass too..

Edited by wjag

Raising a bunch of good-for-nothing dimwits who only talk in unverifiable theory is a generational thing. You wouldn't understand.

You are both right, time for me to move on. I'm just not interested in being part of a conversation where the standard is " it can't be unproved."

There is a lot of good information on this board so I will continue to read, maybe even PM some people but it's time for me to join Blue, DD and others that have left the community.

Happy Holidays to all, I've enjoyed it.

So Hoss will take the bottom bunk with Ghost.

---

It's almost like you reach a certain age and hit the wall as a football fan. Lots of similar experiences being shared, and I don't think it's all just how much the Bills have sucked for lo these many years. Mayhaps it's a young guy's scene. I really hope the youngens around here can experience at least a taste of what we all had in the late 80s and early 90s.

This. 

And a plea to Tom Webster not to bail.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.