Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

lol @ TrueBlue not wanting to admit he made a factual error. It's OK, dude, no one will think less of you.

I'm not admitting to what didn't happen. I purposefully put 8-8 because I don't consider that Patriots game a win. Should I have put that forth without an explanation? Probably not, but it wasn't an accident nor was it due to a faulty memory of the season.

Lol at none of us giving a ###### that the bills just scored.

I'm watching the Colts game because I want to be reminded how much worse our QB situation could be :lol:

tanks.jpg

This is my opening. How analogous is the Bills' situation with that of the Sabres after 2011-12? Terry retained Lindy and Darcy going into that season; he retained the Bills GM and IIRC wanted to retain the head coach until the head coach told him to take that job and shove it. Spending spree for the Sabres in the summer of 2011; spending spree for the Bills. Both teams out of the playoffs. What's next for the Bills?

I'm not admitting to what didn't happen. I purposefully put 8-8 because I don't consider that Patriots game a win. Should I have put that forth without an explanation? Probably not, but it wasn't an accident nor was it due to a faulty memory of the season.

Your new nickname is Trump!

Is your argument Dareus is equivalent to Brady and Gronk? I mean come on man, we're not winning that Pats game if they're trying. "Maybe" we win, and maybe I win the lottery by buying a ticket. But let's be real here.

I think in the flow of the conversation most would know what I meant.

Not equal impact but I do believe we win the Raiders game if Dareus stays in as much as you believe we lose the Pats game if Brady is in, and I don't think that's a stretch.

Fair enough, but I legitimately thought that you didn't realize we won 9 games last year because in that specific post you didn't talk about the pats game.

If you have a chance, can you check that stat you were telling me about (I think it was called DVOA? Maybe that's totally wrong?) for both offense and defense, this year and last year?

Not equal impact but I do believe we win the Raiders game if Dareus stays in as much as you believe we lose the Pats game if Brady is in, and I don't think that's a stretch.

Fair enough, but I legitimately thought that you didn't realize we won 9 games last year because in that specific post you didn't talk about the pats game.

If you have a chance, can you check that stat you were telling me about (I think it was called DVOA? Maybe that's totally wrong?) for both offense and defense, this year and last year?

I definitely think it's possible we win that Raiders game without Dareus getting hurt. We couldn't stop them after that. Not sure I feel as definitively about it as you do, but I'm not gonna fight about it.

My bad on not properly articulating my argument in the first place. I'm cranky. End of the semester grading crunch and I just spent an hour and a half watching that first half :lol:

2014 DVOA

Offensive: 26th

Defensive: 2nd

Total: 9th

2015 DVOA

Offensive: 7th

Defnsive: 24th

Total: 11th

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I definitely think it's possible we win that Raiders game without Dareus getting hurt. We couldn't stop them after that. Not sure I feel as definitively about it as you do, but I'm not gonna fight about it.

My bad on not properly articulating my argument in the first place. I'm cranky. End of the semester grading crunch and I just spent an hour and a half watching that first half :lol:

2014 DVOA

Offensive: 26th

Defensive: 2nd

Total: 9th

2015 DVOA

Offensive: 7th

Defnsive: 24th

Total: 11th

It's all good, and I felt that way watching the game last Sunday as finals week was set to begin, as well as that Devils game on Tuesday :lol:

And thanks for those.

:w00t:

You ever see that comic strip where the little girl pulls the football away just before the little boy nearly breaks his back falling all over himself? ;)

I've to do something to keep me interested in this,.

I'll give Kirk Cousins this: he has a much better catch phrase than Taylor does. "You like that" is pretty good, especially when the fans chant it.

Apparently he had a blind side head shot on the corner covering him, and has tried to instigate like 3 fights.

Cortland Finnegan is a mastermind. He gets WRs to lose their all the time! Great trash talker.

Using a set of 6 games is much different than zeroing in on this one, where not only is the defense bad, but the team is clearly running for the bus. C'mon man. There's value in consistently smoking bad defenses, absolutely. That's different than saying he smoked this one bad defense this one time.

As to Cian Fahey, that's definitely a legit criticism of his commentary. But that doesn't invalidate his observations of how Cousins has been fortunate with more than usual interceptable passes being dropped. 

Nobody was zeroing in on one. I mentioned his stat line from the game, mostly in jest, and you said it can't be used as supportive evidence for a good QB (which is actually can, if you expand on it with further statistics as I did when prompted).

On Cian - I actually haven't seen a single specific criticism from him on Cousins. He just yells and screams his fingers off with jokes and snide comments about a contract extension for him. He starts off his hate parade with with something specific then just assumes everybody read said remarks months ago and understands where he's coming from when he bashes a player. He's brilliant, but he's unbearable with these specific players he hates. I actually agree with almost everything he says but just can't handle the way he presents it.

Edited by Hoss

lol @ TrueBlue not wanting to admit he made a factual error. It's OK, dude, no one will think less of you.

That's correct. Sometimes posters just make a mistake. There's no twisting of the truth to be assumed nor any person with whom to be disappointed.

Hopefully Terry has gotten his football jollies out of his system. He's gotten the game ball, had his family and dog on the field, gotten all the accolades and respect ("Mr. Pegula" please fire... reads one of the posts). Time to wipe this front office clean, hire a football czar and go back to Del Boca Vista, Phase Three.

Hopefully Terry has gotten his football jollies out of his system. He's gotten the game ball, had his family and dog on the field, gotten all the accolades and respect ("Mr. Pegula" please fire... reads one of the posts). Time to wipe this front office clean, hire a football czar and go back to Del Boca Vista, Phase Three.

Sammy got to pad his stats, that's all Whaley cares about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.