Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Clendening is a Wheafield native.

The kid is a powerplay pointman in the waiting. I was wondering when he would make it to the show. Looking at his AHL numbers, just like in college, he's an assist machine. I wonder if it's as simple as him just being blocked in Chicago's system.

Clendening is 22 in his third AHL year.  If I got this right, he's not waiver exempt next year.   There's been a lot of talk here about who the Blackhawks might part with due to the salary cap, I think this indicates they are thinking about parting with a forward instead of a defenseman.

Forsling, though drafted low in 2014, has had a pretty good year since, with lots of points at the World Juniors.

Chicago is buying a few more years in a prospect, Vancouver is getting a more ready player.  I like the move from each perspective..

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle  17s

Trade: Chicago acquires defenceman Gustav Forsling from Canucks for defenceman Adam Clendening.

Forsling had a quality WJC for Team Sweden and Clendening is a right handed defensemen that replaces/balances out Vancouver's pairings until Bieksa comes back.  Clendening has put up points in the AHL for Grand Rapids but has not place on the team.  Especially since Ville Pokka would be called up first.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

Forsling had a quality WJC for Team Sweden and Clendening is a right handed defensemen that replaces/balances out Vancouver's pairings until Bieksa comes back.  Clendening has put up points in the AHL for Grand Rapids but has not place on the team.  Especially since Ville Pokka would be called up first.

Rockford, not Grand Rapids. ;)

I haven't seen this one yet.  I randomly came across this story online.  Remember the whole story where Jack Johnson's parents screwed him out of a ton of money?  They apparently did something similar to his paternal grandfather (also named Jack Johnson).  I hope they eventually get what's coming to them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.