Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Listening to a local radio station this morning, they were talking about the Leafs situation and how they need a franchise guy fans can gather and cheer for even when they are bad. The guy brought up a conspiracy theory to keep in mind if/when the Leafs lottery ball is chosen for McDavid. They brought up the fact that Rogers is part owner of the Leafs with Bell, Rogers did just make the league very rich with their bid for exclusive Canadian right to hockey, now the NHL can pay them back with the 1st overall pick. Just something to think about if they win the lottery......

Listening to a local radio station this morning, they were talking about the Leafs situation and how they need a franchise guy fans can gather and cheer for even when they are bad. The guy brought up a conspiracy theory to keep in mind if/when the Leafs lottery ball is chosen for McDavid. They brought up the fact that Rogers is part owner of the Leafs with Bell, Rogers did just make the league very rich with their bid for exclusive Canadian right to hockey, now the NHL can pay them back with the 1st overall pick. Just something to think about if they win the lottery......

Listening to Howard and Jeremy brainstorm a conspiracy theory for every team in the league is fun sometimes.  I wonder if they'll pick up on this one.

And Toronto is already bringing in more money than anyone can imagine. If the league wanted to fix the whole thing, they wouldn't be sending McDavid there.

Part owners of the Leafs just gave the league $5.2 billion for TV rights in Canada, their team has fans ready to riot and throwing jerseys on the ice, with many saying they have given up and don't watch games anymore. I wouldn't dismiss this too quickly, Toronto would love a marketable player like McDavid to bring them back to glory, and don't dismiss the NHL helping out the guys who made them much richer. There was an article today too where McDavid says it would be a dream for him to become a Leaf

Part owners of the Leafs just gave the league $5.2 billion for TV rights in Canada, their team has fans ready to riot and throwing jerseys on the ice, with many saying they have given up and don't watch games anymore. I wouldn't dismiss this too quickly, Toronto would love a marketable player like McDavid to bring them back to glory, and don't dismiss the NHL helping out the guys who made them much richer. There was an article today too where McDavid says it would be a dream for him to become a Leaf

If this is true, I think the biggest question is how is McDavid's golf game?

The flip side is your working when everyone else is off. Only in places like Buffalo (bars open til 4) and NYC does this work.

Yeah and try finding people to go out with you on a monday or tuesday.

Told my buddies, oh you expect me to go out boozing till 05.00 am on a weekend that im working but then you go out with me on monday to :p

I remember the feature the Sabres PR team did on the guy, just before the wheels really came off. He just seemed so done with hockey. No desire to play the game. He even told some weird story about how his Mom sort of forced him to stick with the game, even when his interests lay elsewhere.

Just because you're naturally gifted at something does not mean you're going to want to do it for the long haul.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.