Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

OK, so I met and hung out with a friend-of-a-friend a few days ago (at a tour of a whisky production facility, but that's another story).  The guy has gotten to know the Pegulas over the past few years.

Anyway, the guy I met -- who seems like a pretty good guy -- said that at one point he asked TP what happened with PLF.  TP's response was that PLF is still suffering from his concussions.  He has outbursts of erratic behavior and periodically has to lie down in his office with the lights off.  The implication was that PLF simply isn't capable of conducting himself in a professional way over a sustained period.

The guy also said that the Pegulas are really terrific, salt-of-the-earth types. 

Just some info that I thought would be interesting.

OK, so I met and hung out with a friend-of-a-friend a few days ago (at a tour of a whisky production facility, but that's another story).  The guy has gotten to know the Pegulas over the past few years.

Anyway, the guy I met -- who seems like a pretty good guy -- said that at one point he asked TP what happened with PLF.  TP's response was that PLF is still suffering from his concussions.  He has outbursts of erratic behavior and periodically has to lie down in his office with the lights off.  The implication was that PLF simply isn't capable of conducting himself in a professional way over a sustained period.

The guy also said that the Pegulas are really terrific, salt-of-the-earth types. 

This makes a lot of sense, and is so, so sad. 

That's what Battista wants you to think.

(Seriously, nice intel Freeman)

It seems logical, but only two things trip me up about this. The timing of his resignation was very, very close to Miller's trade. And during his resignation, Pegula's daughter was tweeting something about him being untrustworthy and a Brutus to Pegula. 

That is interesting.  And it really, really sucks.  I wonder how he was able to coach that kids' team that Justin Bailey played on.

OK, so I met and hung out with a friend-of-a-friend a few days ago 

High-five, dude. Interesting intell.

The representation about why PLF departed is, if true (and I trust it is), super sad. Incredibly sad.

I'm looking forward to reading PA's interpretation of these events. I'll give him a writing prompt:

Kim is a control freak who refuses to let the paid staff do their jobs

Not bad.

And Smell is probably now even more enamored (if that is even possible) of KP.   ;)

I did not think it was. And, yet. 

Thanks for sharing this. 

I feel for Patty and the countless number of players that have paid and continue to pay such a price to play the game. 

Why am I not surprised to learn the Pegulas are salt of the earth types. I get the distinct impression their humble roots run deep. 

GO SABRES!!!

That is interesting.  And it really, really sucks.  I wonder how he was able to coach that kids' team that Justin Bailey played on.

Color me a skeptic of Pegula's explanation. While there may be some truth to it, I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes that really led to his departure.

Color me a skeptic of Pegula's explanation. While there may be some truth to it, I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes that really led to his departure.

I'm with you on this one.  This is the kind of thing you would expect the team to have some sort of idea about ahead of time.  As always, LaFontaine will have his version of the story as well and the truth will lie somewhere in between.

I'm with you on this one.  This is the kind of thing you would expect the team to have some sort of idea about ahead of time.  As always, LaFontaine will have his version of the story as well and the truth will lie somewhere in between.

Fair points.

And even accepting that Pegula's explanation is a somewhat over-simplified and self-serving version of events: It seems likely that PLF struggles with some sort of post-concussion syndrome. The idea of it -- is just the worst. I keep seeing him getting cranked by that elbow as he tried to cut low across the middle -- by whom? Was it a Penguin? Towering d-man, in my mind's eye.

If I remember correctly, this story was alluded to by a few folks (Rob Ray springs to mind).  If true, I feel bad for Patty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.