Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Oh, yes. As for Mrs. Pegula, I'd sorta forgotten that Bucky has an axe to grind:

Some people have become wary of Kim Pegula. According to several current employees, Kim runs the Sabres while Terry is behind the scenes. Their basic message, added up: Terry is a good man but naïve; Kim has a controlling personality and is not as sweet as she comes across.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/09/09/bucky-gleason-pegulas-put-a-civic-win-in-the-book/

I love when someone comes out all butthurt that the lady in charge turns out to be a hard-ass. 

I bet I'd like Kim. She probably doesn't have time for anyone's . 

I love when someone comes out all butthurt that the lady in charge turns out to be a hard-ass.

I bet I'd like Kim. She probably doesn't have time for anyone's ######.

In my personal experience, the lady in charge is always a hard-ass. I've worked for 2. Liked one because she was fair and expected people to do their jobs.

"Controlling personality" - what everyone says about a boss who wants to see more or different.

"Not as sweet as she seems" - what every unthoughtful person says when describing a woman he or she couldn't control.

Just when I'm prepared to make another "there are no bogeymen" point, someone proves to me there are.

I don't know the Pegulas from Adam. I do know language that's offensive.

Oh, yes. As for Mrs. Pegula, I'd sorta forgotten that Bucky has an axe to grind:

Some people have become wary of Kim Pegula. According to several current employees, Kim runs the Sabres while Terry is behind the scenes. Their basic message, added up: Terry is a good man but naïve; Kim has a controlling personality and is not as sweet as she comes across.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/09/09/bucky-gleason-pegulas-put-a-civic-win-in-the-book/

Why is it an axe to grind and not good reporting?

And was Bucky wrong about the warning that Buffalo could end up with two dysfunctional franchises owned by the Pegulas?

The fact Black and Battista have moved on may mean time validated Patty's stance.

Sort of a, "We lost LaFontaine because of you schmucks? Get out!" deal?

"Controlling personality" - what everyone says about a boss who wants to see more or different.

"Not as sweet as she seems" - what every unthoughtful person says when describing a woman he or she couldn't control.

Just when I'm prepared to make another "there are no bogeymen" point, someone proves to me there are.

I don't know the Pegulas from Adam. I do know language that's offensive.

You're offended by the phrase "not as sweet as she seems"?

Oy.

So, if she portrays a fairly kind persona in public but behind closed doors is a tough person to work for then I don't think there is any harm in saying she's not as sweet as she seems.  It doesn't say she sucks at running the organization.

I don't pay any attention to her one way or the other but my inclination was to believe that she was competent in the operations and business dealings of the two teams given how involved she has been.

There are likely more strange things to shake out when this is all said and done.  I don't doubt that the Pegulas are also realizing that the people who advised them in their financial dealing when drilling wells are not the same people they want advising when trying to operate professional sports franchises. Moreover, as they have become more intertwined in the workings of the two leagues I am sure they are also gaining contacts from which to pull resources and learning that perhaps people who put on a good show in the beginning aren't the one's who can get things done.

Why is it an axe to grind and not good reporting?

And was Bucky wrong about the warning that Buffalo could end up with two dysfunctional franchises owned by the Pegulas?

Sort of a, "We lost LaFontaine because of you schmucks? Get out!" deal?

You're offended by the phrase "not as sweet as she seems"?

I believe so? Am I too sensitive? I'm trying to hear those words in the context of a man, at work. Edited by N'eo

I believe so? Am I too sensitive? I'm trying to hear those words in the context of a man, at work.

You never will. And there's where you're spot on. She's not "not as sweet as she seems." She's got a public persona and a business persona, just as every other individual does. Only women deal with these types of stereotypes/catogorizations.

Edited by Hoss

You never will. And there's where you're spot on. She's not "not as sweet as she seems." She's got a public persona and a business persona, just as every other individual does. Only women deal with these types of stereotypes/catogorizations.

You immortalized my typo.

I believe so? Am I too sensitive? I'm trying to hear those words in the context of a man, at work.

Sugar baby? Sweetie pie? Gimme summa dat sugah, doll face?

She does come off as sweet. I don't think that's sexist. And like qwk said, it's a non-story that she's not the same behind closed doors.

I believe so? Am I too sensitive? I'm trying to here those words in the context of a man, at work.

I think you're right in finding the words strange. The implication built into them being that she's presenting a facade, that her demeanor in public is somehow fake, and that the real Kim Pegula is something other (and therefore bad). 

Bucky could just as easily have presented her behind the scenes demeanor in a negative light. That would be reasonable. "Kim Pegula is a slave driver." Fine.

But the juxtaposition with her non-business "sweetness" rubs me the wrong way. 

Edited by d4rksabre

No the guy version is snake in the grass and two faced. Saw a bumper sticker in Northampton this weekend liberal shot at guys in SUVs have small snakes, really thought it was trucks, women drive SUVs and have small boobs... same deal different word... Dont believe that women sre singled out, just use slightly different and often more blunt terms for guys. Women more passive inuendo.

Edited by North Buffalo

Sugar baby? Sweetie pie? Gimme summa dat sugah, doll face?

She does come off as sweet. I don't think that's sexist. And like qwk said, it's a non-story that she's not the same behind closed doors.

It sure as hell sounds sexist. I know that Bucky has a habit of writing drivel that casts Sabres' front office employees in a negative light, so his saving grace might be that he's a doosh to everyone.

But reporting a non-story with negative connotations about a female boss having boss-like qualities sure sounds and looks like a duck.

It sure as hell sounds sexist. I know that Bucky has a habit of writing drivel that casts Sabres' front office employees in a negative light, so his saving grace might be that he's a doosh to everyone.

But reporting a non-story with negative connotations about a female boss having boss-like qualities sure sounds and looks like a duck.

Maybe Bucky's not as sweet as he comes across?

Glad this is generating healthy discourse.

There are chapters yet to be written in this saga, I think.

Lord. He is a TERRIBLE writer.

It's not healthy, it's confusing.

Bucky occasionally shows his writing chops, like his stories on Eichel's upbringing and Disco Dan.

Score 1 for the millenials?

Buncha pussies.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.