CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Agree with the two sided uni. One team going up ice another team going back? :blink:

Media dude is alright. He's got skillz.

Kinda like this past season where one team generated offensive and then coming back completely tanked in their own end?

I found this mockup on another website and it looks pretty good to me for the gold front/blue back concept.

Oh please, God, no.

But when you actually watch a team that has a two-tone like that, it's confusing

right.

For the record, he did an "ama" on Reddit. It's literally just a Q&A thing. He seems like a really cool guy who is open to MANY things. But he seems like he's more into executing social media as a means to promote a brand instead of using it to be social. He did say he plans on getting more contests in, though, so that will be nice.

I was born in the early 70s, so Reddit is not on my radar (although I know what it is). I agree that he seems like a good dude. I was just hoping for a (much) different vision and direction for the team's social media. I feel as though he's saddled with old media sensibilities in these new media outlets. You don't have to ape the L.A. Kings' feed, but that feed, I think, is a perfect example of what a sports (or entertainment) franchise's social media content can and should do.

Media dude is alright. He's got skillz.

That's about my take: Competent and proficient. It's also the root of my disappointment.

This dovetails with my disappointment with the in-game experience at the arena/center since Pegula Day. There were several periods of time when the LQ regime was doing things in-game that were more innovative (and, frankly, more fun) than anything that's happened under the current management (Better Days is an obvious one (but peculiar to the fact that the team was really good), but I also remember the goofy movie reviews (that was while LQ was in charge, yeah?), the black and white short films that provided profiles of players' lives and personalities, and such). I keep waiting for TB to hire people with real vision -- hasn't happened yet.

Not to quote all of Aud's post but I tend to agree. As a twenty something year old simply tweeting contests and doing the same old same old during intermission is meh.

Not that this is even feasible but it would be awesome to get something like a 8-12 piece brass band to play stuff in btw periods. You know kinda like in football, some pep band would be fun. Have them dress up and play serious and goofy stuff. Have Sabres go out into the community and interview people about their daily jobs (dirty jobs style), the media guy seems solid but I am with Aud the Sabres seem to lack a little bit of creativity in their media departments.

Not to quote all of Aud's post but I tend to agree. As a twenty something year old simply tweeting contests and doing the same old same old during intermission is meh.

Not that this is even feasible but it would be awesome to get something like a 8-12 piece brass band to play stuff in btw periods. You know kinda like in football, some pep band would be fun. Have them dress up and play serious and goofy stuff. Have Sabres go out into the community and interview people about their daily jobs (dirty jobs style), the media guy seems solid but I am with Aud the Sabres seem to lack a little bit of creativity in their media departments.

They had a small drum corp playing towards the end of last year. Even during play.

They had a small drum corp playing towards the end of last year. Even during play.

You appear to attend as many games as I used to, back in the day -- far more games than I attend now. That is an interesting nugget right there.

If TP wasn't such a meddling fan.... they wouldve had 100 drums with briere and drurys face on them. cmon chz

If this weren't so funny, I'd be cross that you're derailing my grumpy hijacking of the thread.

For the record, he did an "ama" on Reddit. It's literally just a Q&A thing. He seems like a really cool guy who is open to MANY things. But he seems like he's more into executing social media as a means to promote a brand instead of using it to be social. He did say he plans on getting more contests in, though, so that will be nice.

Don't get GoDD started in this thread too! :P

You appear to attend as many games as I used to, back in the day -- far more games than I attend now. That is an interesting nugget right there.

I thought people new about this already?

They (about 4-5 drummers) are up in an end section of the 200's. Think college football game type of drummers. They would do the Let's go Buffalo thing to get the crowd going plus their own drum line type of play. Their playing ability was awesome. They even played while the game was going on.

I liked it at first. I wanted to hear more and more but then it became a bit too much. Sometimes drumming over the game so you can't hear the players yelling and the puck hitting the stick kinda sucks. Kinda like a friend talking all through the game.

They (about 4-5 drummers) are up in an end section of the 200's. Think college football game type of drummers. They would do the Let's go Buffalo thing to get the crowd going plus their own drum line type of play. Their playing ability was awesome. They even played while the game was going on.

I liked it at first. I wanted to hear more and more but then it became a bit too much. Sometimes drumming over the game so you can't hear the players yelling and the puck hitting the stick kinda sucks. Kinda like a friend talking all through the game.

I missed the entirety of last season because I left Buffalo. I hope to make a game this year at FNC but it all depends on the sched.

I'm sure those who've attended the games where the drummers played were aware of this. You said it was toward the end of last season? Not the most sought-after tickets, those.

Yep, I don't recall hearing/seeing them while watching on TV last season.

I'm sure those who've attended the games where the drummers played were aware of this. You said it was toward the end of last season? Not the most sought-after tickets, those.

Yeah. I think one reason why they brought them in was to drown out the crickets.

That's because drummers never ###### shut up!

Field snares are too fun to play, I can't blame them. Is it just 4 or 5 snare drummers? Or is there a quad or bass drum player?

Yeah. I think one reason why they brought them in was to drown out the crickets.

Ugh. I remember them. I was at the "Fan Appreciation Game", I think the last home game of the season. The drummers were pretty awkward.

Ugh. I remember them. I was at the "Fan Appreciation Game", I think the last home game of the season. The drummers were pretty awkward.

I thought it was just some drunk college dudes doing an improv.

I didn't realize that the Sabres organized it.

I went to that game with my grandpa who's been watching the team since they came around, definitely wasn't a fan of those

Archived