CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Again, maybe. Or ... you can clearly see two layers of gold, so perhaps they just folded the two-tone sleeve over the front of the jersey again. That's why I dislike these teaser pics, because they purposely try to misdirect us.

Just show the gosh darn thing already!

I think the marketing department is ###### with us because we blew the slug wide open and shitted all over it before it was unveiled.

Probably. But I would have ###### all over the slug if it was never unveiled or used, and merely came out years later as a design that they were strongly considering. It still boggles the mind how that ever got past the initial concept stage.

I really like #2 actually. Seems pretty good and the only issue is I really think there is a white stripe down the side starting in the armpit and going all the way to the bottom.

You are right, #1 is bad... just no please god, no.

I haven't seen a single thing in any pictures that supports this. Explain?

This, outside of the logo stripe down the side. Some have argued it is a folded sleeve but it doesn't at all look folded to me.

The shadow on the gold at the "seam" contrasted by the highlight on the gray (plus the shadow on the gray at the edge of the pic) tells me that those two pieces of fabric are not coming together flat. While you could probably get that same effect by pushing the fabric toward the seam from both sides, it seems more likely that it is two separate pieces. Would not be too surprised either way, though.

Similarly, in the most recent pic, you see harshly contrasting shadows and highlights on the gold, which suggests either a fold in the gold fabric or, again, that it is a completely separate piece (e.g., the sleeve) draped across it.

It seems pretty clear from the video that the sleeve has a two-tone blue and gold section, separated by a 1" white or light silver stripe, which ends at a large gray section. Both of these pics could easily be explained by that. As such, I still don't feel we know anything about the lower body other than it is primarily gold and has the updated original logo.

The shadow on the gold at the "seam" contrasted by the highlight on the gray (plus the shadow on the gray at the edge of the pic) tells me that those two pieces of fabric are not coming together flat. While you could probably get that same effect by pushing the fabric toward the seam from both sides, it seems more likely that it is two separate pieces. Would not be too surprised either way, though.

Similarly, in the most recent pic, you see harshly contrasting shadows and highlights on the gold, which suggests either a fold in the gold fabric or, again, that it is a completely separate piece (e.g., the sleeve) draped across it.

It seems pretty clear from the video that the sleeve has a two-tone blue and gold section, separated by a 1" white or light silver stripe, which ends at a large gray section. Both of these pics could easily be explained by that. As such, I still don't feel we know anything about the lower body other than it is primarily gold and has the updated original logo.

Look at the picture though, the grain of the mini holes in the fabric is exactly lined up when you go from gold to silver. I think there is a 2" silver stripe down the side with half of that being on the front and the other 1" on the back.

Look at the picture though, the grain of the mini holes in the fabric is exactly lined up when you go from gold to silver. I think there is a 2" silver stripe down the side with half of that being on the front and the other 1" on the back.

Sort of, I guess. Personally, I see definite curvature in the gray, especially near the bottom of the pic. Even if it does line up, that doesn't really tell us much. I looked at the silver pits on my current home (authentic, not a replica or knockoff) and the "grain" of the mesh doesn't line up where it meets the blue mesh on the sides. Plus, perhaps even more telling, there is stitching about a 1/4" away from the seam on both sides, which I don't see here. The stitching is color-matched, so I wouldn't be surprised that some or even most of it would be lost in the small picture, but I'd expect to see a hint of it here or there. Again, you may be right, but I am definitely not convince that it isn't just a trick meant to mislead us a little.

I don't think it is stiched.

I think it is silk screened a different color on the same piece of fabric. As for the curve in the grey, the line does not curve at all. The jersey curves further away from that line, which is just the way they laid it out.

Obviously we will see eventually but I am sticking by my gut feel for now.

This, outside of the logo stripe down the side. Some have argued it is a folded sleeve but it doesn't at all look folded to me.

These are two completely different fabrics. Looks folded 100% to me.

(I see in another post you said that the holes line up, but they don't at all. And you can also see that the holes in the grey are smaller and more frequent than those in the gold).

Maybe I'll just show everybody what the third jersey looks like ###### 'em all.

Is there like some sort of running joke about you having "inside information"? I see it referenced, but never know whether I'm supposed to laugh or what.

These are two completely different fabrics. Looks folded 100% to me.

(I see in another post you said that the holes line up, but they don't at all. And you can also see that the holes in the grey are smaller and more frequent than those in the gold).

Is there like some sort of running joke about you having "inside information"? I see it referenced, but never know whether I'm supposed to laugh or what.

Generally speaking, it's not a joke.

I don't want to sound repetitive but this whole thing is such a joke. Not only are they adding a jersey none of us want but it's going to look God awful and they keep teasing us with this stupid little close up pictures! It's one thing to embarrass us by forcing out team to wear those but it's another to string this along like they're doing.

I don't want to sound repetitive but this whole thing is such a joke. Not only are they adding a jersey none of us want but it's going to look God awful and they keep teasing us with this stupid little close up pictures! It's one thing to embarrass us by forcing out team to wear those but it's another to string this along like they're doing.

I'd say a bunch of us would be excited about a gold alternate done right. If the Sabres just did a yellow version of their current white (flip the white and yellow, probably make all the stripes navy), it would be an instant classic and actually add to their identity. We'd have one jersey for each of our three colors.

If the Sabres did what I think they did, which is go bananas and try to come up with something "original" (see also: bizarre), we're in a lot of trouble.

[Also, in a perfect world, the Sabres would drop ALL of the gray and silver from their jerseys and logo because 1. randomly jamming unnecessary silver into uniforms was cool like 15 years ago but definitely isn't cool anymore and 2. all it does is muddy our look. We're supposed to be "Blue and Gold" but for some reason we're "Blue and Gold, and some gray and silver too!!1!" Is there really not one person in the entire organization with talent in terms of aesthetics or marketing?]

Archived