CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

So the marketing department is not allowed to do a good job unless the hockey department is doing the same?

In all honesty, and I mean this, Larry Quinn should be put in the Buffalo sports Hall of Fame. His understanding of this market and grooming of the business end of this franchise which is status quo is simply amazing. I used to hold disdain for him, but history has proven it wasn't on him. He did an incredible job and made this franchise the cash cow it is. If it only lasted a few years I would say smoke and mirrors....but the fans keep coming and spending. I sincerely apologize for some of the stuff I said about him. He's a Buffalo genius.

It's not a scam....but like DeLuca asked and I responded.....if the team worked as hard trying to put together a valid group of players that could have playoff success over the past 11 years as they have putting out, teasing, and marketing jerseys.....I'm sure there would be a lot less complaining about everything. In those 11 years, there have been 4 major logo designs, and now 4 3rd jerseys marketed. They won playoff series in 2 of those 11 years. To me, it's a little insulting. I understand how some like buying them and find it neat. In my younger days I may have as well.

I'm sure the marketing department has tons of input into hockey operations. They should definitely just give up until the Sabres are good again.

I'm sure the marketing department has tons of input into hockey operations. They should definitely just give up until the Sabres are good again.

It's incredible to me that now two of you have proven you can't read.

p8985283p275w.jpg

How did you get that!

are those edible?

No. Well I guess anything is but NO!

If the jersey sucks, isn't it organizational incompetence? It's not hard to then get to how the team also sucks. The greed angle is more interesting. To some extent, we all saw in Terry what we wanted to see. I (and most others) didn't need much of an imagination to come away with the impression on day one that he didn't care much about making money. Thus, the healthy ticket price increases and now the third jersey are disappointing to some. What I did completely fabricate in my own mind is that Terry was conservative, a traditionalist and, as an older fan, someone who would be as sick of the jersey-tinkering as I was. This is more the bean counters at work, but Terry boasts about a flat management structure, so his hands are all over it.

So if TPegs never puts out another third jersey he's a genius?

It's not a scam....but like DeLuca asked and I responded.....if the team worked as hard trying to put together a valid group of players that could have playoff success over the past 11 years as they have putting out, teasing, and marketing jerseys.....I'm sure there would be a lot less complaining about everything. In those 11 years, there have been 4 major logo designs, and now 4 3rd jerseys marketed. They won playoff series in 2 of those 11 years. To me, it's a little insulting. I understand how some like buying them and find it neat. In my younger days I may have as well.

So there is a direct correlation of playoff series wins to third jerseys. Got it.

Over third freakin' jerseys? Really?

I hate Summer.

Get outside more. You'll love summer a whole lot better if you are spending more time out in it and less time reading the lousy crap I'm posting. :P

Me too buddy, me too.

And you too, dunderhead!

I gotta say, I'm as big a fan as anybody, but I have no idea how so many of you take this ###### so seriously. Dwight, take up crochet or pottery or something., Cheez, 3rd jersey fretting and fussing? :doh:

So the marketing department is not allowed to do a good job unless the hockey department is doing the same?

My thoughts exactly. INCOMPETENCE ACROSS THE BOARD OR PERFECTION appears to be the rally cry around here right now.

New third jerseys provide more fodder for the Pegula sucks crowd. I'm shocked. Personally, I think you only need to point to the degradation in fried bologna sandwich quality for proof that Pegula / Black are fleecing us.

It's only available at 1 stand now. F'em

Since when is observation, analysis and opinion, fighting? I really think too many people project attributes to others here to protect themselves from their own denial. To me, all these jerseys over the past few years, and people celebrating it, is like BP coming out with a commercial telling me how much good they do while at the same time the entire Gulf seafood population is wiped out, and 2000 pelicans look like a Swedish Worlds bukakke.

It's only available at 1 stand now. F'em

Since when is observation, analysis and opinion, fighting? I really think too many people project attributes to others here to protect themselves from their own denial. To me, all these jerseys over the past few years, and people celebrating it, is like BP coming out with a commercial telling me how much good they do while at the same time the entire Gulf seafood population is wiped out, and 2000 pelicans look like a Swedish Worlds bukakke.

Dude, you are projecting about other people's projecting? What are *you* in denial about? ;)

I really don't get the arguments against third jerseys. If I owned the team, I would change up the third every couple of years. There is almost an endless market for selling new-look jerseys, especially around Christmas. Why do you folks care that an owner is trying to make money? You can always exercise your right not to buy one. The Sabres are first and foremost a business. They employ lots of people. They are bringing economic development to a city in desperate need of it. The owner is philanthrophic. And most importantly, the Sabres are firmly entrenched in Buffalo unlike the Bills who are annually rumored to be on the move to somewhere more profitable. The Sabres and the city are much better off under a Pegula regime and yet the critics are louder than ever.

I really don't get the arguments against third jerseys. If I owned the team, I would change up the third every couple of years. There is almost an endless market for selling new-look jerseys, especially around Christmas. Why do you folks care that an owner is trying to make money? You can always exercise your right not to buy one. The Sabres are first and foremost a business. They employ lots of people. They are bringing economic development to a city in desperate need of it. The owner is philanthrophic. And most importantly, the Sabres are firmly entrenched in Buffalo unlike the Bills who are annually rumored to be on the move to somewhere more profitable. The Sabres and the city are much better off under a Pegula regime and yet the critics are louder than ever.

Because the critics don't understand that just because they've given up on having fun doesn't mean everyone else has or should. They want everyone in the misery pit with them.

The argument is that the Sabres were a business. If the owner wants to make money, he will just drill another well. Right now, the sole reason for the Sabres' existence is to win the Stanley Cup.

Archived