CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

I don't want to sound repetitive but this whole thing is such a joke. Not only are they adding a jersey none of us want but it's going to look God awful and they keep teasing us with this stupid little close up pictures! It's one thing to embarrass us by forcing out team to wear those but it's another to string this along like they're doing.

Only you can allow yourself to be strung along. :)

I've kind of gotten to the "wake me when its over" point.

• 2 weeks later...

so did anyone see the new hint?

Blue shoulder with white line below it.The silver looks to be part of a sleeve folded across the jersey.

And I'm not as negative about this whole thing as the rest of you. Without this stuff people wouldn't be talking about the jersey at all. There's nothing else going on right now so they might as well mess around a bit.

Without this stuff people wouldn't be talking about the jersey at all.

hear, hear.

i don't have a problem with their trying to generate some timely buzz in advance of the jersey's release and the start of the season (and corresponding sales). this is just being done in a way that irritates me. i think my irritation has its roots in the protracted nature of the *EXCLUSIVE* tweet-leaks.

hear, hear.

i don't have a problem with their trying to generate some timely buzz in advance of the jersey's release and the start of the season (and corresponding sales). this is just being done in a way that irritates me. i think my irritation has its roots in the protracted nature of the *EXCLUSIVE* tweet-leaks.

Do you have any suggestions for other ways to do it? Short of showing the jersey itself, I really can't think of any other way of trying to create a little buzz.

Do you have any suggestions for other ways to do it? Short of showing the jersey itself, I really can't think of any other way of trying to create a little buzz.

Oh its creating a buzz. About 80% negative reaction from the comments on the Facebook picture the Sabres posted. My favorite was the guy who took a "sneak peak" picture of his afternoon beverage.

A contest: they release these little 'sneak peeks', and then whoever can put the pieces of the puzzle together and mock up a design of the jersey that is closest to the final design of the real thing, wins the new jersey signed by their favorite player

Do you have any suggestions for other ways to do it?

I do. Run the promotion over a shorter period of time. Create some sort of media object that gathers the various peeks and link to that with each subsequent peek tweet. Couple each peek tweet with a small giveaway -- e.g., each peek-tweet can be accompanied by another twit pic (a funny image from last season) and then runs a "caption this" contest with the reward being a card with 25 Sabre bucks on it.

Blue shoulder with white line below it.The silver looks to be part of a sleeve folded across the jersey.

That is what I thought - looking at the back where the name will be.

And I'm not as negative about this whole thing as the rest of you. Without this stuff people wouldn't be talking about the jersey at all. There's nothing else going on right now so they might as well mess around a bit.

I'm impressed that the full jersey still hasn't been leaked.

Blue shoulder with white line below it.

That is what I thought - looking at the back where the name will be.

While I am quite certain that there is a white line below the blue shoulders on the back where the nameplate is, I'm not sure this is it. The very first picture posted showed a white stripe below what was likely blue shoulders, but it crossed one seam and then ended squarely at another. That was almost certainly the back with the stripe passing over the nameplate and ending at the arm seam.

This one shows the white stripe ending at a point as it follows a seam that meets the blue at a sharp angle. It also seems to narrow as it moves away from the seam, so it could be the one under the shoulders on the front of the jersey (the blue dips down toward the logo under the collar.) However, that seam comes at a sharper angle than the ones seen on the front. Some have suggested that the sides are blue, so this could be coming up the sides and ending at the seam that angles toward the collar.

Archived