CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Anyone remember how loud it was when Derek Plante scored in the Marena? The building size is an issue, but when fans want to be loud, it's going to be loud. It's not like the Jets fans in our arena would be muted. (In watching the Plante clip again, I marvel at how the crowd looked. It was absolute bedlam. I don't think that level of fervor has been reached since. I believe a lot of it was Nolan and style of play, a style I don't Rolston can replicate. But it was also a young rag-tag team without its superstar, a classic underdog. Cleaning out the deadwood (if the process is completed) and going young again just might be the recipe for a return to that Legion of Doom craziness. Hell, it might even come next May.)

Yes. I was there. I was also at the Bills comeback game against the Oilers. Both were absolute bedlam and I have never heard either place louder.

I was also at the Bills comeback game against the Oilers. Both were absolute bedlam and I have never heard either place louder.

I was at The Comeback as well. I'm not sure that the stadium was at its all-time loudest (it might have been), since, you know, it was missing a solid 15% of the fans when the comeback was in full swing.

I was at The Comeback as well. I'm not sure that the stadium was at its all-time loudest (it might have been), since, you know, it was missing a solid 15% of the fans when the comeback was in full swing.

True. But after they let everyone back in (I never left but was halfway up the aisle at 35-3), the place was loud when Houston had the ball in the 4th quarter. I was a season ticket holder from 88 to 97 so there were certainly many, many loud games during the Super Bowl years, but the comeback game just stands out as one where I though my ears were going to bleed.

It's funny, the stadium seated about 80,000 people at the time but there were probably 400,000 at that game. :P

True. But after they let everyone back in (I never left but was halfway up the aisle at 35-3), the place was loud when Houston had the ball in the 4th quarter. I was a season ticket holder from 88 to 97 so there were certainly many, many loud games during the Super Bowl years, but the comeback game just stands out as one where I though my ears were going to bleed.

I'll defer to you -- that's a lot more games than I've attended. I was in one of the the last rows of an end zone -- the one where we could turn around and see people streaming back in from the parking lots. I was in college at the time, so maybe the volume didn't strike me the way it would have in my 30s or 40s.

It's funny, the stadium seated about 80,000 people at the time but there were probably 400,000 at that game. :P

Yeah, yeah. I've got a crew of people to verify that I was there. Heck, I've even got my ticket stub (not that the date appears on it). It was insane. The irony? I got the ticket because the guy who managed the block of season tickets where I sat had his regular people bailing on him -- they didn't want to go. There was actually a level of fatigue with the team at that time; indeed, the game was blacked out locally.

Yeah, yeah. I've got a crew of people to verify that I was there. Heck, I've even got my ticket stub (not that the date appears on it). It was insane. The irony? I got the ticket because the guy who managed the block of season tickets where I sat had his regular people bailing on him -- they didn't want to go. There was actually a level of fatigue with the team at that time; indeed, the game was blacked out locally.

If I remember right, Houston creamed the Bills the week before. That might have had something to do with it too. :)

If I remember right, Houston creamed the Bills the week before. That might have had something to do with it too. :)

Yes, and Jim Kelly was hurt in that season ending game as well which also contributed to the tepid fan response for a home playoff game. What's the Bills current playoff drought at now, 13 years I think?

Yes, and Jim Kelly was hurt in that season ending game as well which also contributed to the tepid fan response for a home playoff game. What's the Bills current playoff drought at now, 13 years I think?

Yep. Last Bills playoff play was a last-second kickoff after going ahead.

could that be up on the shoulders?

Yes, we assume it is the center logo like on the current jerseys but it could be a shoulder patch... kinda wish they would just unveil the damn thing... also surprised no one has leaked it yet.

Yes, we assume it is the center logo like on the current jerseys but it could be a shoulder patch... kinda wish they would just unveil the damn thing... also surprised no one has leaked it yet.

I don't see any way that this could be the shoulders. The logo looks far too big. They'd have to do some manipulation for the scale to be like that. Plus the fact that Black said it would feature the primary logo.

Maybe, I think that line is two straight to be the sleeve folded over, looks stitched to me.

Brutal.

From what I can tell, there are ZERO classic hockey jerseys with vertical paneling along the sides of the body. So basically the Sabres took everything we know about what looks good in a hockey jersey and threw it out the window when they decided to do this thing. They're literally making the same mistakes the Bills just corrected a couple years ago in their uniforms. WTF?

Designing a good looking uniform is literally the easiest thing to do as an NHL franchise and it looks like the Sabres are on track to unveil a trainwreck for the second time in less than a decade. It's hard to believe a franchise that can't get the easy things right will get the difficult, critical things right.

If. IF. The jerseys is cool. Who do you get?

Too early to go big with any of the really young guys (Grigorenko, Girgensons, Armia, Risto, Zadarov).

Miller and Vanek are on their way out the door.

Foligno and Myers need to figure out what they are in the NHL.

Assuming we re-sign him, Ott seems like the best choice. I wouldn't hate Weber, Ennis (are we keeping him?), or Enroth (a #1 jersey is always cool).

It's actually not a great time to invest in a jersey with a player's name on it.

Too early to go big with any of the really young guys (Grigorenko, Girgensons, Armia, Risto, Zadarov).

Miller and Vanek are on their way out the door.

Foligno and Myers need to figure out what they are in the NHL.

Assuming we re-sign him, Ott seems like the best choice. I wouldn't hate Weber, Ennis (are we keeping him?), or Enroth (a #1 jersey is always cool).

It's actually not a great time to invest in a jersey with a player's name on it.

Hodgson. Only safe option right now ha.

Then in 1-2 years I'd get a Girgensons/Grigorenko or Armia. Armia if he has a great first season.

Geez. Grigorenko was all I saw at the sale last year.

Armia would be cool. or Zadarov.

0726-bryandyck-buf.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1374304379485

I don't hate it. But the blue is too dark. I think I might live it if it were the classic blue.

I dont know why, but i really like these ones rather than what ive seen so far of the new third.

I find it hard to get worked up over jersey designs. I despised the slugs, but that was only because of that ridiculously brutal logo. These jerseys look as though they will be predominantly blue and gold and retain the classic logo, beyond that I really don't care about the rest of it.

If. IF. The jerseys is cool. Who do you get?

I'm going to have to watch and see. Trying to predict what's going to happen this season with the team is an enormous crap shoot right now. So many players have big tests coming up, I need to see the results first.

Even Otter, who should be the most predictable, faces a big test if he's asked to play in the top six. Ehrhoff's probably one the few guys with whom I have more concrete expectations, but not enough to get his jersey.

If we resign Vanek long term, that'd be a sign that he's going to be a franchise player for the long haul. Maybe I'd consider that first.

I know that it's considered poor jersey etiquette, but I'm a proponent of the blank jersey. I only wear mine a couple times a year and I wouldn't want to be wearing a Sekera Sabres jersey to a Canes game for example. If it was easy to get a Perreault or Martin jersey I would go that route I suppose.

Archived