CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Pegula's statements being what they were.. he never said it wasn't a business.

I'm happy Buffalo has a hockey team. I like third jerseys, even if they end up ugly. I like something that brings fun back to the game. Because games should be fun.. I believe that's why they call them games.

Frankly I think they should go all in European design. Yellow helmets, sponsors plastered all over the place. Why not?

I guess the good news is that since I am going without live TV in a month I won't really see the jerseys too much anyway.

It's not a scam....but like DeLuca asked and I responded.....if the team worked as hard trying to put together a valid group of players that could have playoff success over the past 11 years as they have putting out, teasing, and marketing jerseys.....I'm sure there would be a lot less complaining about everything. In those 11 years, there have been 4 major logo designs, and now 4 3rd jerseys marketed. They won playoff series in 2 of those 11 years. To me, it's a little insulting. I understand how some like buying them and find it neat. In my younger days I may have as well.

So the marketing department is not allowed to do a good job unless the hockey department is doing the same?

It's incredible to me that now two of you have proven you can't read.

I read all of that just fine :beer:

Because the critics don't understand that just because they've given up on having fun doesn't mean everyone else has or should. They want everyone in the misery pit with them.

If you want to cloak yourself in a $179 golden robe and pay $100 to watch Ted Black's son, center Flynn and Kaleta......knock yourself out! And we have free beer in the misery pit just so you know.....

Dude, you are projecting about other people's projecting? What are *you* in denial about? ;)

I like to crochet, and I hate that I do.

I'll say this much: I'm not sure I'll want a jersey that reminds me of the lowest point in Sabres hockey in thirty years (or maybe ever, depending on how long this takes). But I can't fault the team for putting it out, and if it's really cool, I'll probably get one anyway.

I'll say this much: I'm not sure I'll want a jersey that reminds me of the lowest point in Sabres hockey in thirty years (or maybe ever, depending on how long this takes). But I can't fault the team for putting it out, and if it's really cool, I'll probably get one anyway.

Lower than bankruptcy and the constant threat of losing the team?

If you want to cloak yourself in a $179 golden robe and pay $100 to watch Ted Black's son, center Flynn and Kaleta......knock yourself out! And we have free beer in the misery pit just so you know.....

I like to crochet, and I hate that I do.

I'm not going to do any of those things.

But I'm also not going to be a huge baby about it.

Context. This organization is ham-handed. Raising ticket prices steeply after Terry said he didn't want to and acted as if he was above money. Apologizing to the fans for the lockout by allowing them the privilege of buying merchandise at a discount — that was their gesture while other organizations got it right. Sending out the letter about raising next season's tickets on Fan Appreciation Day. Doing virtually nothing to improve the atmosphere in the arena, one of the dullest in the league independent of how the team is playing. And now going for another money grab while the team sucks and the uniform has been almost continuously tinkered with over the past decade. The timing is terrible. For those who like third jerseys, couldn't you have waited a few years? If there were a firewall between these business yahoos and the hockey department, it would be one thing. But, flat management structure. And, oh yeah, in the pic on deadline day, that's Ted Black sitting next to Darce. And that's Ted Black on the radio opining about the hockey department.

Context. This organization is ham-handed. Raising ticket prices steeply after Terry said he didn't want to and acted as if he was above money. Apologizing to the fans for the lockout by allowing them the privilege of buying merchandise at a discount — that was their gesture while other organizations got it right. Sending out the letter about raising next season's tickets on Fan Appreciation Day. Doing virtually nothing to improve the atmosphere in the arena, one of the dullest in the league independent of how the team is playing. And now going for another money grab while the team sucks and the uniform has been almost continuously tinkered with over the past decade. The timing is terrible. For those who like third jerseys, couldn't you have waited a few years? If there were a firewall between these business yahoos and the hockey department, it would be one thing. But, flat management structure. And, oh yeah, in the pic on deadline day, that's Ted Black sitting next to Darce. And that's Ted Black on the radio opining about the hockey department.

Mountains out of mole hills. So dramatic. It's just sports.

New locker room

New humidty system

New Zambonis

Harbor Place

Ehrhoff

Regehr

Parise

Sutter

Grigs

Girgs

Compher

Bailey

Hurley

Suggestion Board

Real Scouting

Better ice

Pominville

Ruff

Doan

Roy

Gerbe

French Connection Statue

I get not all of those have worked out. They have been improving or are trying to improve in all areas of the team. Terry has grown into the job just like we all do. This team probably has undergone more dramatic changes across all aspects of their hockey business than any other franchise and maybe in all of sports over the last few years.

Are there more things to do? Sure there are. Ticket prices go up in all venues.

New locker room

New humidty system

New Zambonis

Harbor Place

Ehrhoff

Regier

Parise

Sutter

Grigs

Girgs

Compher

Bailey

Suggestion Board

Real Scouting

Better ice

Hurley

Pominville

Ruff

Doan

Roy

Gerbe

French Connection Statue

I get not all of those have worked out. They have been improving or are trying to improve in all areas of the team. Terry has grown into the job just like we all do. This team probably has undergone more dramatic changes across all aspects of their hockey business than any other franchise and maybe in all of sports over the last few years.

Are there more things to do? Sure there are. Ticket prices go up in all venues.

Jerseys never look interesting in 2D mockups. I'll save judgment for when I can see it in real life.

I'll like it if the white bands have a stripe in them just to break them up.

I was going to say just about the same. That white stripe needs lines to serve as a boundary. They drew it in on the arm but not on the waist stripe.

Nothing to do with jerseys:

As of June 18th, there's a new trademark registered for Hockey Western New York (parent company of the Sabres): http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4806:he6hg5.7.2

"Positively Buffalo"

Entertainment in the nature of hockey games; providing an informational and entertainment website in the fields entertainment and sports; Educational and entertainment services, namely, providing motivational and educational speakers; Educational and entertainment services, namely, providing motivational and educational speakers in the field of self and personal improvement; Educational and entertainment services, namely, providing motivational speaking services in the field of hockey; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a sports celebrity; Personal coaching services in the field of hockey; Charitable fundraising services by means of an entertainment event; Hockey pucks, clothing, jackets, jerseys, shirts, socks, hats, cloth flags, towels, hockey sticks; metal key chain; plastic key chain; drinking glass; furniture; and Promoting public awareness of the opportunities, experiences and advantages of working and entertainment in Buffalo, New York

I like it.

The one thing that mock-up leaves out is the blue on the sides of the jersey. Unless I'm seeing it wrong, this photo shows the arm, and underneath you can see that the side of the jersey is blue. It actually looks quite weird. The more I think about this in my head, the more I think that this jersey is going to be radically different from anything we've seen in the league.

The one thing that mock-up leaves out is the blue on the sides of the jersey. Unless I'm seeing it wrong, this photo shows the arm, and underneath you can see that the side of the jersey is blue. It actually looks quite weird. The more I think about this in my head, the more I think that this jersey is going to be radically different from anything we've seen in the league.

The bicep area of the mockup would account for that picture. Notice how the back has the extended blue section while the front doesn't.

Archived