CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Outside of the fact that they'll feature the primary logo and be blue & gold, anybody have any idea? Anything on when they'll be revealed, etc?

(And other than the fact that they WON'T be throwbacks).

Have they even said the primary logo would be used? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Have they even said the primary logo would be used? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

They said it would be used, but technically it was used on the 40th anniversary jerseys too (it was teeny tiny under "BUFFALO"). So it could be used again that way, or on the shoulders, or something else.

As far as I know, nothing new has slipped out about these in months.

They said it would be used, but technically it was used on the 40th anniversary jerseys too (it was teeny tiny under "BUFFALO"). So it could be used again that way, or on the shoulders, or something else.

As far as I know, nothing new has slipped out about these in months.

They probably haven't been finalized yet. I figure if they're for this season we should start seeing leaks in July...

Icethetics reported last summer (or was it two summers ago now? Sheesh time flies) that the jersey would be black, but in a more recent post they made no mention of it being black or including any black; so I'm not sure if that means the information about it being black was inaccurate or perhaps the Sabres scrapped that design and started a new one.

I think black would be a cool idea. I'm not talking black like the "Black ice" jerseys that the NHL tried to tell us were cool a few years back, but a dark Black/Blue/Gold jersey could look pretty sharp.

From the latest post, though, it sounds like it will be some shade of blue. Who knows what they have in store.

Are they for this season or next?

They are supposed to be ready for this season, I'm pretty sure.

They are for this season. Not sure who the interview was for, but a Sabres official said in like February that the jerseys would be coming. Said that they are blue and gold with the logo but not going to be throwbacks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/alphabet_soup/2012/08/tidbits-from-the-webster-block.html?page=2

That's a link where Ted Black said that he "expects" to have new thirds for this season. And that they will be blue and gold with the original logo (does this mean the first logo or the new updated version we use now? Not sure).

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/69722589/1-14-sabres-president-ted-black-segment-2.htm

Ted Black says in January that the jersey will be coming. Says he expected leaks in the summer. Says it "won't be like what you're envisioning" to a caller who asked if they would be royal blue. Wonder if gold jerseys is a possible?

Then he also basically says we'd only use a throwback for the outdoor games if we got one.

He claims that they are still deciding at that point, but the deadline for that would have already passed at that point so either he doesn't know, they missed the deadline, the deadline got extended (by either request or the lockout) or he was just trying to add speculation.

Icethetics reported last summer (or was it two summers ago now? Sheesh time flies) that the jersey would be black, but in a more recent post they made no mention of it being black or including any black; so I'm not sure if that means the information about it being black was inaccurate or perhaps the Sabres scrapped that design and started a new one.

I think black would be a cool idea. I'm not talking black like the "Black ice" jerseys that the NHL tried to tell us were cool a few years back, but a dark Black/Blue/Gold jersey could look pretty sharp.

From the latest post, though, it sounds like it will be some shade of blue. Who knows what they have in store.

They are supposed to be ready for this season, I'm pretty sure.

I'd absolutely love to see the current home jerseys have an identical third jeresy where the white = white, blue = black, and gold = red, as homage to the goathead era

I'd absolutely love to see the current home jerseys have an identical third jeresy where the white = white, blue = black, and gold = red, as homage to the goathead era

Somebody did a mockup of this somewhere and it was ugly as hell.

They are for this season. Not sure who the interview was for, but a Sabres official said in like February that the jerseys would be coming. Said that they are blue and gold with the logo but not going to be throwbacks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/alphabet_soup/2012/08/tidbits-from-the-webster-block.html?page=2

That's a link where Ted Black said that he "expects" to have new thirds for this season. And that they will be blue and gold with the original logo (does this mean the first logo or the new updated version we use now? Not sure).

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/69722589/1-14-sabres-president-ted-black-segment-2.htm

Ted Black says in January that the jersey will be coming. Says he expected leaks in the summer. Says it "won't be like what you're envisioning" to a caller who asked if they would be royal blue. Wonder if gold jerseys is a possible?

Then he also basically says we'd only use a throwback for the outdoor games if we got one.

He claims that they are still deciding at that point, but the deadline for that would have already passed at that point so either he doesn't know, they missed the deadline, the deadline got extended (by either request or the lockout) or he was just trying to add speculation.

Why didn't you put this in your original post?

Why didn't you put this in your original post?

My ass. You're on it again.

Maybe because I had no idea where I found that information. I had to search it all back again to find it. I was looking for information further than that.

Maybe because I had no idea where I found that information. I had to search it all back again to find it. I was looking for information further than that.

If you think that is getting on your ass then you've never had a boss or a girlfriend.

Just sayin'....

She is trying to gently guide you towards the forum norms here. The place is well structured and well behaved for the most part. She is a one man (woman) show as she is the only mod. Structuring, organizing, etc is something she needs to be able to stay on top of the traffic here. It isn't personal. I doesn't have to be all about you.

Don't fret there is a huge learning curve and etiquette curve to this place but keep posting you will figure it out in time. Also chz kinda busts every one's balls from time to time.

Anywho on to the 3rd jersey thing. I hope they bring back the B with the Sabre through it. That was my favorite shoulder patch and I miss it. You hear me Tedd Black? Please please bring back the BUF_e09pngsebcwr6b3beize.gif

She is trying to gently guide you towards the forum norms here. The place is well structured and well behaved for the most part. She is a one man (woman) show as she is the only mod. Structuring, organizing, etc is something she needs to be able to stay on top of the traffic here. It isn't personal. I doesn't have to be all about you.

They're not seen all that often, but I always assumed Corp and Knightrider were active behind the scenes.

Despite my hyperbolic posts when the Sabres changed to the "slug" jerseys, right now I don't give a tiny rat's a$$ about what jersey the players will wear next season. I care more about who will be wearing the jersey and how well they will represent Buffalo. If a third jersey is the tool they will be using to market this team next fall, it is going to be a long, LONG 2013-2014 season. (In fact, if I was coaching the team, no one in training camp would wear the Sabres' crest on their practice jerseys. When you make the team, then you get a shirt with a logo on it. But of course, I am not the coach and I'm sure the NHLPA would be on my butt if I did that.)

This is one stupid organization from start to finish. They've had the best uni's all along right under their nose...but NO...the Buffalo Sabres are always smarter. They come up with their own designs that are indelibly etched on our psyches....the jerseys that our players are always so psyched to put on.Bisons-hockey.gif

This is one stupid organization from start to finish. They've had the best uni's all along right under their nose...but NO...the Buffalo Sabres are always smarter. They come up with their own designs that are indelibly etched on our psyches....the jerseys that our players are always so psyched to put on.Bisons-hockey.gif

Too bad the "official" soft drink company of the Sabres is Coca-Cola.... :(

They incorporated that logo into the 40th anniversary jersey. That was about all they could do since they're not allowed to wear a color unless it is in their regular jerseys in some form. I guess the red eye would give them the ability to go with these jerseys but it will never happen.

I dunno. I suspect chz was just being another poster making a semi-snarky remark. It's like anything else. The semi-newbie with a bit of a feisty side is getting some attention. The long-timers get away with murder.

I dunno. I suspect chz was just being another poster making a semi-snarky remark. It's like anything else. The semi-newbie with a bit of a feisty side is getting some attention. The long-timers get away with murder.

It was a legit question. It's like asking a question to everyone, waiting for all the responses and then saying you knew the answer all along.

Does posting pages upon pages of narrative-driven drivel count as murder?

Does posting pages upon pages of narrative-driven drivel count as murder?

Why, are you ready to confess?

It was a legit question. It's like asking a question to everyone, waiting for all the responses and then saying you knew the answer all along.

Seems like a stretch. Pose a question, start a discussion, then contribute to answering it. Pretty mundane. I kind of doubt there was anything calculated about it.

Archived