Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Joining the other girls here-

Yeah, you wish.  ;)

Congrats, iT!

Ever notice how different the vibe of the Fabulous T-Birds song "Wrap It Up" would be if sung by a female vocalist?

Or how Lorde's "Royals" sounds when it's sung by a 7-foot-tall male, middle-aged clown?

Edited by Doohickie

Speaking of awesome.

The Jewish and Islamic New Years are upon us and on this pretty rare occasion are at the same time, within a few hours really.

Rosh Hashanah starts today at sunset and Muharram is tomorrow at sunset.

Happy New Year to all my Jewish and fellow Muslim Brothers and Sisters.

Pics, or it didn't happen, you little ########### - ##########!!

Haha, sorry, I didn't take any this time. I'm sure I've posted the river before. Either from my bike rides or from the photography thread. I was just basking in the sun, enjoying the solitude, texting my brother planning our trip to the NHRA Nationals on Saturday. Ohhhh yeah!

So I don't post as much as I used to, and it's not simply because I've been super busy lately (I have been, but it's not like posting takes a ton of time). As most know, I recently made the move to Ohio University to pursue a new master's degree....and I love it. I love my work, I love the classes, and I'm taking a deep dive into something like I haven't in years. I'm poor, and in more debt...but I'm happy. I'll call it a win.

So I don't post as much as I used to, and it's not simply because I've been super busy lately (I have been, but it's not like posting takes a ton of time). As most know, I recently made the move to Ohio University to pursue a new master's degree....and I love it. I love my work, I love the classes, and I'm taking a deep dive into something like I haven't in years. I'm poor, and in more debt...but I'm happy. I'll call it a win.

Good on ya! A mind is a terrible thing to waste as they say and reaching beyond your comfort zone keeps life interesting. Contemplating a similar jump, though mine involves moving to China. The language barrier seems daunting.

Good on ya! A mind is a terrible thing to waste as they say and reaching beyond your comfort zone keeps life interesting. Contemplating a similar jump, though mine involves moving to China. The language barrier seems daunting.

Depending on where in China you'd be moving to, the language barrier may well be nonexistent. In my time there I literally had parents stopping me in the street and presenting me their children, asking if I could speak English with them. Businesses operate in a number / picture based system (mostly because a good portion of Chinese, even in the cities are illiterate, but foreigners benefit). Street signs are all in English and Chinese, it's not terrible. I'd assume you'd be doing business in English as well.

Of course, you get to areas outside of the larger cities and good luck...

Glad to hear it, Blue!

Master's degree now?  How many different versions of your username can you have?

I am sitting in the waiting room while my car is being serviced. This isn't just any old car lot, but one that specializes in exotic foreign cars. No, I don't drive an exotic (that would be awesome). By a quick look around, there are at least 15 cars here that cost more than the house I just bought :P I LOVE my car, but it's probably just nice enough to not get giggled at when I roll up. 

I am sitting in the waiting room while my car is being serviced. This isn't just any old car lot, but one that specializes in exotic foreign cars. No, I don't drive an exotic (that would be awesome). By a quick look around, there are at least 15 cars here that cost more than the house I just bought :P I LOVE my car, but it's probably just nice enough to not get giggled at when I roll up. 

Very cool. There's an collision shop specializing in exotics near here; it's always interesting to drive by and see the mashed up Ferraris, Lambos, etc.

Did a quick design for the UB volleyball superhero game tonight- pop by early and get my shirt design fo free! Here's hoping you see my grubby little hands all over more UB stuff in the future... 

kAWylsk.jpg

Cool! Who did you work with at UB?

My uncle was the head volleyball coach at UB for like 20 years, and I know most everyone there.

My brother is Las Vegas Metro Police. 

I woke up at 1 am, and headed to work this morning, then I heard the news. 2 dead, 12 wounded as a shooter opens fire on the crowd at Mandalay Bay. "Sh!t" I thought, "hope it's not bad, and I hope my brother is safe." He's at the airport. That's right next to Mandalay. I get on my phone and I shoot him a text, he responds right away. He's ok. Thank god. He's working his ass off, making sure everyone is safe in the pandemonium. I go back to work. Fast Forward 2 hours: "50 dead 200 wounded, Las Vegas Metro Officer among the slain." If I hadn't been in contact with him, knowing that he was ok, I'd have lost my sh!t. I'm so thankful that he's alright and that he wasn't patrolling that show. I'm sorry for all those whose lives have been immeasurably impacted by the events of last night, but I'm just so thankful that he's safe. 

None of this is awesome in the common context we now use the word. I'm just in awe.  

For anyone with an older Nexus phone already on Google Fi (or anyone looking to switch to Fi), they have a great promotion going on through Oct. 5th if you trade-in an existing phone for the new Moto X:

https://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/www.droid-life.com/2017/09/20/google-pixel-trade-in-program-details/_index.html

https://www.blog.google/products/project-fi/project-fi-welcomes-android-one-moto-x4/