Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Vic is about an hour and a half drive south and Van is 15 minutes by floatplane or hour forty five by ferry from me. It would be great to see but it'll be hard to get tickets with the demand which can be said of anywhere I s'pose

That ferry ride must be beautiful. I've always wanted to get out that way.

Vic is about an hour and a half drive south and Van is 15 minutes by floatplane or hour forty five by ferry from me. It would be great to see but it'll be hard to get tickets with the demand which can be said of anywhere I s'pose

Is floatplane an option?  I mean, economically and all that?  That looks expensive, from what I saw on the google.

Is floatplane an option?  I mean, economically and all that?  That looks expensive, from what I saw on the google.

Yeah its about 90 one way but if you take into account the ferry acrost ( thanks Rob ) is about 110 for the car and 3 passengers plus parking , gas etc. Floatplane lands right downtown close to the rink. Another expense is your hotel for the night so it does get expensive either way you look at it. And tickets to the game.

Here's what's awesome tonight.  

Today should have been my wedding anniversary. We planned it so that family who already were in town for Thanksgiving would be here anyway.

Those of you who have been around that long, well, you know.  Those of you who have not, well, she died.  I miss my Sara.  She was smart and kind and funny and beautiful.  She wasn't perfect, but she was perfect for me.

I did not have a meltdown today.  I had a couple of leaks, but no meltdown.  This is progress, and I mean it.

I wrote the brief I needed to write, I went to church, and I laid flowers down by the water.  And I felt GOOD!  GOOD for the first time in a while.

I also have a date for tomorrow.  This (on my end) was on purpose--I wanted something to look to after Nov. 30.  

Love you all.  Yeah, even you, PA.

Did not know, i am truly sorry for your loss. Its a good thing we have eachother here, atleast that brings a little light into someones life.

Glad to hear your doing better, im sure she is looking down on you with a smile now when you have a date, well deserved.

Much love.

I just got my ticket for the Sabres/Stars game in Dallas next month.  I'll be sitting next to one of my DFW Bills Backer buddies.

Stay healthy, Jack!

You "just" got them?

:huh:

-------------

So I live, it's about allI can say, i breathe nearly every day, but some say that it's better to say that I live, I LIVE!

I was going to post about work in the Complaint thread since there's been no shortage of material the last two weeks, but today my brother got a job offer (he accepted and starts on Monday)!  He's been out of work for more than a year, so thank God for this.  Hopefully in a few months my dad will be able to go back to work, too (after all the reconstruction and dental implants are finished).  Been a long time since we've all been fully employed.

Floppy disks came up in the Complaint File, and I thought I'd share something cool I found at work. This is a 70s or 80s era hard drive platter. As you can see from the groovy guy in printout next to it, it's roughly 14" across. They came as a stack in the cake carrier that you stuck into a washing machine sized box to read it. 200MB, so 1/3 of the capacity of CD-ROM.
post-1315-0-65091100-1481233294_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie