Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Mrs. IT and I built our house 3 years ago. The contractor lied about the well and yada yada, lawsuits, lawyers passing away and just plain old settling to end the fighting. I've been hauling water into a holding tank in my basement. 400 gallons/week. Ok in the summer but HORRIBLE in the winter. We had a new well drilled in September and had it hooked into the existing line a couple weeks ago. The water is minimal(1/2 gal/min) but I already have a storage system and only needed to pipe things to the tank and then into the treatment facility I have in the basement(I should mention that we are $20G into water at this point). To save money I DIY the final leg and today for the first day ever in our dream home we have clean plentiful water. No more letting the yellow mellow. No more full Sundays spent thawing hauling equipment for my measly 400 gallons. All I want whenever I want. I could cry right now. Mrs. iT and I are heading for the hot tub with a bottle of champagne. We finally have a home....

:thumbsup:

Mrs. IT and I built our house 3 years ago. The contractor lied about the well and yada yada, lawsuits, lawyers passing away and just plain old settling to end the fighting. I've been hauling water into a holding tank in my basement. 400 gallons/week. Ok in the summer but HORRIBLE in the winter. We had a new well drilled in September and had it hooked into the existing line a couple weeks ago. The water is minimal(1/2 gal/min) but I already have a storage system and only needed to pipe things to the tank and then into the treatment facility I have in the basement(I should mention that we are $20G into water at this point). To save money I DIY the final leg and today for the first day ever in our dream home we have clean plentiful water. No more letting the yellow mellow. No more full Sundays spent thawing hauling equipment for my measly 400 gallons. All I want whenever I want. I could cry right now. Mrs. iT and I are heading for the hot tub with a bottle of champagne. We finally have a home....

Well water is such a pain. We had it in Marilla. I remember the trips with dad to Valu for salt blocks.

You're one tough SOB to be hauling that much water every week. Enjoy the champagne!

Well water is such a pain. We had it in Marilla. I remember the trips with dad to Valu for salt blocks.

You're one tough SOB to be hauling that much water every week. Enjoy the champagne!

There is a colloquialism I've heard among men in my trade."...you've got to be tough when you're dumb..."

There is a colloquialism I've heard among men in my trade."...you've got to be tough when you're dumb..."

I first heard that watching one of the jackass movies.

As for things that are awesome, I'm going with cold turkey sandwiches. Almost tasty enough to make an atheist believe in god.

Edited by Drunkard

Received my settlement offer from Volkswagen on Saturday. Documents notarized and submitted today. One step closer to freedom. 

I was thinking of this the other day, a friends dad and I were talking about cars and he has a really nice 96 Roadmaster with the LS1 in it.

Not totally sure this belongs in this thread, but I bit the bullet and put in my two weeks' notice. My bosses were really cool about it all, are open to contract work, and have offered me "cartoonishly good references" when I need them.

Biggest/hardest decision I've made since choosing a college to attend some 10 years ago. They say discomfort is a sign something needs to change, and I finally was strong enough to make it happen. I am resolute with my decision, and look to Buffalo like it is some sort of guiding beacon of light. 

What's really awesome is the amount of support my friends and family have given me with all of this. No one clucking their tongue, telling me to stay. Pretty unanimous decisions across the board. 

Now... to learn some new skills, get my health back, and continue to try to find a good job in Buffalo! 

Edited by Josie914

Not totally sure this belongs in this thread, but I bit the bullet and put in my two weeks' notice. My bosses were really cool about it all, are open to contract work, and have offered me "cartoonishly good references" when I need them.

Biggest/hardest decision I've made since choosing a college to attend some 10 years ago. They say discomfort is a sign something needs to change, and I finally was strong enough to make it happen. I am resolute with my decision, and look to Buffalo like it is some sort of guiding beacon of light. 

What's really awesome is the amount of support my friends and family have given me with all of this. No one clucking their tongue, telling me to stay. Pretty unanimous decisions across the board. 

Now... to learn some new skills, get my health back, and continue to try to find a good job in Buffalo! 

How's your crushing fear of the unknown doing today?  :P

How's your crushing fear of the unknown doing today?  :P

Oh, it varies between excitement and bowel liquifying dread, so, the usual. 

And thanks, guys.

I always think of the book Gone With the Wind... Atlanta burns, it's this great climax, a great moving force, the worst thing that can happen, and for a lesser story it would be the end, with a relief that the main characters made it out. But no, they survive and then the hard times come. I realize I may be facing my own hard times here soon. But also from that novel, "after all, tomorrow's another day". I've made it through the proverbial melodramatic fire, and now it's time to move onto the next thing. 

Congrats. I'll march in the band at NS' parade.

Good for you. Took ya long enough, though :p

Awesome, indeed! :beer:

Change is good, best of luck moving forward! 

I was going to post the Low Bridge song video with its "to Buffalo" lyrics, but I was afraid it would 1. Cause Eleven to be wistful or 2. Make Jo think that I think of her as a mule.

:P  ha! Well, the mule we have at the rescue I volunteer at IS named Jolene... jo for short... Gets a bit confusing at times. A little girl there once brought me a bunch of carrots with a confused look on her face "they told me to go give Jo some carrots"... Wrong Jo. I just sing Dolly Parton songs at her a lot. Her voice is certainly NOT as soft as summer rain, however... and if d4rk left me for a mule, well... 

And thanks again, guys. Saying my goodbyes then/announcing my leaving next week are gonna be tough. 

Late to this, but wanted to give a hat tip and shout out.

Good on you, Josie.