Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

With the way your last month or so has been, I think you've earned that hot tub. Enjoy it!

Thanks man. I should put this in the 90's thread but I'm spread too thin right now. It's like Shannon Hoon said "...life is hard, you have to change..".

Thanks man. I should put this in the 90's thread but I'm spread too thin right now. It's like Shannon Hoon said "...life is hard, you have to change..".

iT to the 90s thread, paging iT to the 90s thread. Atta boy on your song reference, sir.

1.  Ms Cervantes's voice is incredible; I'd love to hear her sing something with lyrics, but google gives me nothing.

2.  Driving town I-95 without traffic?  That's possible?  I'm so glad that happened for you!

The story isn't worth full relating, but one night I had I-95 completely to myself on the motorcycle for about 10 miles in northeastern Maryland. Not a car in sight on either side.

Man, I get 8 every single day. Some days, I get 10.

How good do you feel right now?

I feel like I just walked on the moon.

I normally get 6.5-7, which is fine for me, but not all in a row.  I usually am awake for an hour a couple of times during the night.  I.e., it takes me 9 hours to sleep 7.

If I didn't get 8 at least twice a week I wouldn't be able to function, and would get very sick. It's kind of pathetic.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do the real world

You'll probably get more sleep in the real world than you will in grad school (assuming you're doing grad school and working in some form). Anyway, I normally go through a cycle of ~3 days with little sleep followed by a crash day.

Awesome is the Little UN at the end of my street. 

Gyro Kabob & Grill.  Owned by a Muslim guy from Lebanon.  They had special buffets for Ramadan.  I went in tonight to pick up an order.  The two people working the counter were a black dude and an Asian (Korean?) woman.  Two big parties in the restaurant- one with big ol' Texas accents, the other with Arab accents.  And they were talking to each other, the Texans asking the Arabs about the different foods, having a great time together. When I step into that place, I have hope for our country.

That was awesome.

That should quell all the cries for trading Marcus  ;)

Awesome is the Little UN at the end of my street. 

Gyro Kabob & Grill.  Owned by a Muslim guy from Lebanon.  They had special buffets for Ramadan.  I went in tonight to pick up an order.  The two people working the counter were a black dude and an Asian (Korean?) woman.  Two big parties in the restaurant- one with big ol' Texas accents, the other with Arab accents.  And they were talking to each other, the Texans asking the Arabs about the different foods, having a great time together. When I step into that place, I have hope for our country.

...and around the block I noticed a new Indo-Pakistani place.  I was thinking it was time to move out of this neighborhood, but if it turns into a true melting pot of ethnic foods, I may just stay.

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

That was awesome.

That should quell all the cries for trading Marcus  ;)

...and around the block I noticed a new Into-###### place.  I was thinking it was time to move out of this neighborhood, but if it turns into a true melting pot of ethnic foods, I may just stay.

I am really wondering what kind of into place did not pass the filter, or did you self-edit?