Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The filter is important because we all know the rash of profanitic trolls we get signing up here in droves that just can't control themselves. You can never be too careful, am I right?

It's not unlike post merging because we all know of the out of control problem we have with post-.

######

Huh, really?

I'm not surprised it's filtered, since it is a racial slur.

Jimmy Paek.

Whew.

My brother (3 years younger than me) went to High School with him.

He has his name on the cup ... scored a goal in the cup (not cusp) clinching game in 1992.

I'm not surprised it's filtered, since it is a racial slur.

I don't think it's considered as such here in the US, but I know some of the unsavory characters in JK Rowling's non-Harry Potter book use it that way so it must be a thing. Is it commonly used negatively in Canada?

I don't think it's considered as such here in the US, but I know some of the unsavory characters in JK Rowling's non-Harry Potter book use it that way so it must be a thing. Is it commonly used negatively in Canada?

I'd be surprised (well, maybe by many) if it is not viewed as a racial slur in the US, but it certainly is in Canada.  I have many friends from Pakistan and they do not like it, so that's good enough for me.

I'd be surprised (well, maybe by many) if it is not viewed as a racial slur in the US, but it certainly is in Canada. I have many friends from Pakistan and they do not like it, so that's good enough for me.

I'm not going to speak for America, so I'll just speak for me. I don't know any folks from Pakistan. And I'm not sure I know any racists sophisticated enough to be able to tell if someone is Pakistani, Indian, Arab or anyone else from that billion sq. miles of real estate. Therefore, I'm not sure I've ever heard the term itself, let alone used as a slur. I will however, take your word for it.

I blame the map

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-att-us&q=pakistani+communities+in+usa&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit1PzzxZfQAhXh64MKHWoZDEkQvwUIFigA&biw=360&bih=518

I'm not going to speak for America, so I'll just speak for me. I don't know any folks from Pakistan. And I'm not sure I know any racists sophisticated enough to be able to tell if someone is Pakistani, Indian, Arab or anyone else from that billion sq. miles of real estate. Therefore, I'm not sure I've ever heard the term itself, let alone used as a slur. I will however, take your word for it.

I blame the map

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-att-us&q=pakistani+communities+in+usa&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit1PzzxZfQAhXh64MKHWoZDEkQvwUIFigA&biw=360&bih=518

Perhaps you are right about the US, but ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paki_(slur)