Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

About 11:30 we were told to go home.  Sure.  AFTER the plows working the lot put a 3' pile in front and behind everyone's car.  :doh:   Took a good 15 minutes and the help of a co-worker to get out, but I did. 

And on the way home.......... I received a message that I have an interview scheduled.  Now THAT's awesome.  Would be for a position that finally gets me back to where I was almost 4 yrs ago.  *crosses fingers*

And other things that are awesome.... a college aged son home from school that got started on the driveway clearing before I got home.  :wub:

Good luck!  I was contacted for an interview late this afternoon, too.   :)  I have no idea if the pay will be anywhere close to where I'd need to be able to leave this job, but it could be a good fit and I'm excited to find out more.  They wanted to schedule for sometime in the afternoon this week (!), but I can't be available early enough so we're going to try for early next week instead.  Fingers crossed here, too!

Edited by biodork

Good luck!  I was contacted for an interview late this afternoon, too.   :)  I have no idea if the pay will be anywhere close to where I'd need to be able to leave this job, but it could be a good fit and I'm excited to find out more.  They wanted to schedule for sometime in the afternoon this week (!), but I can't be available early enough so we're going to try for early next week instead.  Fingers crossed here, too!

:thumbsup:

So my mother got a gag gift for me this Christmas: A Lego Tower of Pisa. My father did not escape her humor; he got a Lego Eiffel.

There comes a time in a man's life when he wants to get back to simple things; to building a 345-piece vertical puzzle that has parts smaller than a quarter of his smallest fingernail. That time comes when it is 2 degrees F outside and one doesn't want to go anywhere except into his own liquor cabinet.

I have built the Lego Tower of Pisa. It is not magnificent. But it was fun, and it was awesome.

(I did end up going out for dinner. Owed a Jets (football) fan on a bet on overall record last season. At least I had lobster, which, also, was awesome.)

Still, I am proud of my Lego skills at this age.

Awesome ... Two labors of love for me, in the past year .... Lego Fallingwater and Lego Louvre ...

I want your pics.

Fallingwater ...

Louvre ...

post-1462-0-61891600-1455714764_thumb.jpeg

post-1462-0-44809500-1455715084_thumb.jpeg

Edited by N'eo

Awesome! Most incredible bird ever.

Unbelievable machine. They leave me in awe every time. I never had a good scope of actual size until one buzzed over my house very low with 5/6 crows in hot pursuit. It was friggin huge! I've heard there were a breeding pair released at Hemlock lake. I'm fairly close to Honeoye lake. Does that mean they're doing well?

I saw a bald eagle in a tree.

Minutes ago, I'm sitting on my living room floor watching tv. I look out the window, and there is a bald eagle soaring over my back yard. Unbelievable, even more because I live less than ten miles (as the eagle flies) from Manhattan. Awesome.

I don't think this story has been mentioned here, and the entirety of the story isn't "awesome" but what this father did for his children is incredible.

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2016/02/19/fatal-buffalo-house-fire.html

He's a hero. He pulled his daughter from the fire who is now in Cincinnati fighting for her life (she will be the hospital for at least a year with 90% burns on her body). He then rushed back in to the home to rescue his other children who had already gotten out of the building (but he was unaware). He never came back out.

This was the second time in 2016 alone that he rushed into a burning home, the other time was for a stranger whose house was burning on his walk home one night...

I have a peaceful night.  I don't have some chick trying to get me to pretend I'm someone else and I'm suddenly ok with the dead one being in that state, at least for tonight.  I don't have work that I have to do right now.  I'm not the least bit tipsy.  I'm home, the dishes are in the dishwasher and the laundry is in the washer in the basement.  It's not yet 845.  I have a book that I want to read, and I don't have to be up before 7.

Goodnight for now, SS!  I'l check in before 11pm.

Like...role-playing?

Did she want you to be...John Wayne?  Spider-man?  Freddie Mercury?

The old married guys are curious!

Like...role-playing?

Did she want you to be...John Wayne?  Spider-man?  Freddie Mercury?

The old married guys are curious!

I've been dating someone who wants me to be someone I'm not and recently decided to break it off.  So I was in a state of peace.