Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

OK.  I'll take what I can get.

Been there, done that We've, good luck congrats.

Also I just noticed I passed my 1 year anniversary on the site. Wooooohooooo, only received 1 warning from Nfreeman for using the word "infatuation", I'm feeling blessed!!!!!!!

I have to admit that I still feel like a newbie because there are a couple of guys that I can't yet decide if they are serious or just that sarcastic.

Having said that, I've enjoyed the discourse Sabre fans.

Edited by jsb

New jobs are awesome.

Today I accepted a position with a new company, Well, not a new company, but a new company for me to work for. Nice raise over where I'm at now. Really, really solid retirement bennies. And the role is a good opportunity to spread my wings a bit.

I never realized how much of my sense of self worth was tied up in what I did for a living until I lost my job 3+ yrs ago. It's been a challenging time for me. I never gave up, but I was convinced I'd never get back to where I was, at least financially. I'm walking on air right now.

*permagrin*

Congrats.

New jobs are awesome.

Today I accepted a position with a new company, Well, not a new company, but a new company for me to work for. Nice raise over where I'm at now. Really, really solid retirement bennies. And the role is a good opportunity to spread my wings a bit.

I never realized how much of my sense of self worth was tied up in what I did for a living until I lost my job 3+ yrs ago. It's been a challenging time for me. I never gave up, but I was convinced I'd never get back to where I was, at least financially. I'm walking on air right now.

*permagrin*

Cool!

Taste tester at Taco Bell though...

I'm sure you'd be surprised at the level of intricacy and sophistication at the taco Bell sensory facility.

Cool!

I'm sure you'd be surprised at the level of intricacy and sophistication at the taco Bell sensory facility.

This reminds me of something awesome -- and of course terrible -- that I heard on public radio the other day. You know how public radio has commercials, but they try to disguise them as boring public service announcements? This dull-voiced woman said something like, "And by Chipotle, where we offer the freshest, most innovative, (something something fancy word for NPR listeners) food, like our hand-mashed guacamole."

Hand-mashed guacamole? At Chipotle? Does that really give anyone confidence? Do you know where those hands have been?

We've, how's the commute for the new job? 

Longer.  But worth it.  It's about the same length as the commute I had with GM.

Thanks all.  My boss actually shed a tear when I gave notice.  That's pretty cool.

Edited by We've

Take the last name of a famous Sabres exec and add a consonant and you can form a two-word exclamation that a Sabres defenseman just loooooves to hear.

i need more.

a specific defenseman? or one in general?

...a certain defenseman.

Current defenseman?

Yes.

I'm still stuck on this one.

I'm still stuck on this one.

I didn't even see that there was a new one up.  Gonna have to think about it for a minute.  I know McCabe loves it when people randomly shout "Hot Daniel!" but I can't tie that to a Sabres exec.

Edited by Eleven

I should do a drunk review of Taco Bell some Friday evening, whiskey thread style........

I look forward to hearing the descriptions of how they use their 4 (meat,cheese,beans,tortilla) ingredients in different shapes.

This reminds me of something awesome -- and of course terrible -- that I heard on public radio the other day. You know how public radio has commercials, but they try to disguise them as boring public service announcements? This dull-voiced woman said something like, "And by Chipotle, where we offer the freshest, most innovative, (something something fancy word for NPR listeners) food, like our hand-mashed guacamole."

Hand-mashed guacamole? At Chipotle? Does that really give anyone confidence? Do you know where those hands have been?

Since ya know some of their customers have died, I'm guessing their hands were just dipped into a vat of bleach prior to mashing your guac.

I look forward to hearing the descriptions of how they use their 4 (meat,cheese,beans,tortilla) ingredients in different shapes.

I can't remember who did that comedy routine.

Edited by We've