Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

That's what diapers are for. 

At that age, you'd be surprised how often diapers aren't up to the task. Blowouts and Poopsplosions are common, and not awesome.

What is awesome is the embarrassing your future teen daughter fodder you get out of it. RosePie will get to hear how I had to entirely change her clothes in the middle of King of Prussia Mall because she shat all over the place. I couldn't even get to a bathroom as I'd get it all over me or her stroller.

At that age, you'd be surprised how often diapers aren't up to the task. Blowouts and Poopsplosions are common, and not awesome.

What is awesome is the embarrassing your future teen daughter fodder you get out of it. RosePie will get to hear how I had to entirely change her clothes in the middle of King of Prussia Mall because she shat all over the place. I couldn't even get to a bathroom as I'd get it all over me or her stroller.

Man. Really not helping my lack of biological clock here, dude.

When we were potty training my daughter, every time my wife left me alone with her she'd in her underwear.  Every. single. time.

Seriously, stories like this are why population growth is slowing :lol:

The stories my mother has told of my sister, who had cancer as a baby and was very very very ill, have killed any desire I ever had of popping one out. The sheer amount of vomit, sh!t, and screaming all night stories I've been fed my entire life makes it a very unpopular thought. Not that I was a little angel either. She always said her biggest fear was having a child with cancer, and it happened, so "don't have a fear like that". Well, I do have a similar fear that makes my fallopian tubes just curl up like fern fronds and say helllll no. 

I'm assuming my hormones will wake up once I'm married and have a house/feel more like an adult. At least I hope so. It IS my biological purpose to exist on this planet, after all.  :wacko:  D4rk can clean up the poop. 

The stories my mother has told of my sister, who had cancer as a baby and was very very very ill, have killed any desire I ever had of popping one out. The sheer amount of vomit, sh!t, and screaming all night stories I've been fed my entire life makes it a very unpopular thought. Not that I was a little angel either. She always said her biggest fear was having a child with cancer, and it happened, so "don't have a fear like that". Well, I do have a similar fear that makes my fallopian tubes just curl up like fern fronds and say helllll no. 

I'm assuming my hormones will wake up once I'm married and have a house/feel more like an adult. At least I hope so. It IS my biological purpose to exist on this planet, after all.  :wacko:  D4rk can clean up the poop. 

I joke about the poop, but it's not really that bad. It doesn't really stink that bad until they're mostly on solid food, and there are far fewer blowouts by then. I'm not going to say it's all sunshine and kittens, but it has it's moments. If you're on the fence, though, think long and hard; it's the hardest thing you'll ever do.

Speaking of moments:

post-1315-0-45457900-1452183623_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie

I joke about the poop, but it's not really that bad. It doesn't really stink that bad until they're mostly on solid food, and there are far fewer blowouts by then. I'm not going to say it's all sunshine and kittens, but it has it's moments. If you're on the fence, though, think long and hard; it's the hardest thing you'll ever do.

Speaking of moments:

attachicon.gifhugs.jpg

thats adorable.  

Found out that my nephew saved a guy's life this week. He's a freelancer and was on his way to work when a car crossed the double yellow line and smashed into a pole at about 35mph. The fuel line broke and the car caught fire. Flames were shooting up the windshield and the driver was unconscious as the cabin filled with smoke.

My nephew smashed the passenger side window, unlocked the doors, propped the hood open when he walked to the driver side door, told another kid to go into his car to get his fire extinguisher and put the fire out as he dragged the guy from the car. The guy was coming to and the fire was out by the time the first police officer showed up.

After he told the cop what happened, the cop told him the ambulance was almost there if he wanted to get his hands checked (they were all bloody from the broken glass), he said he had to go because he would be late for work.

I think I'd hire him full time.

Edited by SwampD

Found out that my nephew saved a guy's life this week. He's a freelancer and was on his way to work when a car crossed the double yellow line and smashed into a pole at about 35mph. The fuel line broke and the car caught fire. Flames were shooting up the windshield and the driver was unconscious as the cabin filled with smoke.

My nephew smashed the passenger side window, unlocked the doors, propped the hood open when he walked to the driver side door, told another kid to go into his car to get his fire extinguisher and put the fire out as he dragged the guy from the car. The guy was coming to and the fire was out by the time the first police officer showed up.

After he told the cop what happened, the cop told him the ambulance was almost there if he wanted to get his hands checked (they were all bloody from the broken glass), he said he had to go because he would be late for work.

I think I'd hire him full time.

Awesome story!  You must be very proud of him.

Bio's got a new ride!  The little Fit had served me very well as a commuter car on the East coast, but in Colorado it's less useful, even with snow tires.  Managed to get a lease for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek for about the same as I was paying on the loan for the Fit.   :)

post-1683-0-91525300-1452618956_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-26634900-1452618973_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-61837800-1452618983_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-55293400-1452618988_thumb.jpg

Bio's got a new ride!  The little Fit had served me very well as a commuter car on the East coast, but in Colorado it's less useful, even with snow tires.  Managed to get a lease for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek for about the same as I was paying on the loan for the Fit.   :)

Nice! My sister has one in Buffalo and she likes it. It's probably on the short-list for cars when my WRX wears out.

BTW, I have a trailer wiring harness that fits that car that I don't need. It's yours if you want it.

Awesome stuff Bio! Enjoy your new little spaceship :) 

Nice! My sister has one in Buffalo and she likes it. It's probably on the short-list for cars when my WRX wears out.

BTW, I have a trailer wiring harness that fits that car that I don't need. It's yours if you want it.

That's very kind of you, but I'm not sure if I'd ever use it.  Must be your sister already has one?

Awesome stuff Bio! Enjoy your new little spaceship :)

Haha thanks!

That's very kind of you, but I'm not sure if I'd ever use it.  Must be your sister already has one?

She didn't figure she'd need it either. :) It's a shame, I have a hitch on the WRX and I'd like to be able to pull a light trailer, Subaru didn't put the lighting connector in the WRX (nor does it officially have towing capacity in the US). One of these days I'll pony up and buy the right one, but I'm too lazy. :)

Anyone else need a Subaru OEM trailer light harness? I think it fits 2010- current Outbacks, Foresters, Crosstrek, and maybe others.

She didn't figure she'd need it either. :) It's a shame, I have a hitch on the WRX and I'd like to be able to pull a light trailer, Subaru didn't put the lighting connector in the WRX (nor does it officially have towing capacity in the US). One of these days I'll pony up and buy the right one, but I'm too lazy. :)

Anyone else need a Subaru OEM trailer light harness? I think it fits 2010- current Outbacks, Foresters, Crosstrek, and maybe others.

Haha fair enough.  I mean, I really do appreciate the offer, but I'd feel guilty taking it not knowing if it'd ever get used!

So, bio, you can lease a fine vehicle, although I would have advised you not to lease ,,, not a fan of leasing, in Colorado, but you are still located per your SS profile in central PA.  I really think you are trolling us now, especially that youngun' PA.

Two awesome things to report today.

First ... SNOW DAYS ... as awesome at 52 as they were at 12, maybe even more awesome.

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html

Second ... how Kane unselfishly gave the puck to Samson for his hatty in the frozen tundra of Winterpeg, when he could have easily scored himself.