Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

My oldest stepson (he's 14), won his weight class at the county wrestling tournament on Saturday. My wife made him start wrestling in May and he was totally against it. It was either that or military school, as we had just had enough. He started training with a local club during the summer and went undefeated this Middle School season, 11-0, winning every match but one by pin. He's only lost one match, and that was his first ever match in an AAU tournament, but he's never been pinned. He ran right through his bracket in the tournament and we couldn't be prouder of him. It's also helped turn his grades around, going from D's to B's, and far fewer behavior problems.

Good stuff.

We can never marry, lest we unleash a wave of divorce energy across the world... :(

lol awww.

I've been in 4 weddings, 3 since 2011 and only 1 has ended in divorce.

Give it time...  :unsure:

I've managed to stay married (happily so far) for 31 years.... so it's not always gloom and doom.

I have been to 7 weddings since 2005. Three have ended in divorce and a fourth is uh... pending...

I'm feeling pretty good about the casual pace Josie and I have taken. :lol:

My record's worse than yours... 5 weddings- 2 divorces, one pending! Admittedly, besides the pending one, the others were your friends :P

I had a similar record when I was your age, then after another 10 years almost all my friends are married and appear to be for the duration.

I need to share this.

Late last night I went into a familiar place of thinking about my brother and the times we had, so I was already vulnerable to what this video's target was... But it really got me. Hits home so well.

Saw that this evening. Really lovely piece. 

Well maybe not so happy.  The wife is pissed the Wings let that one get away.  :cry:

:w00t:

Ah, this is why I won't watch Det vs Buf with d4rk... But at this point, it's 1-1 I think? Worry about it again in January.. 

Ah, this is why I won't watch Det vs Buf with d4rk... But at this point, it's 1-1 I think? Worry about it again in January.. 

The January 2 game won't be a problem.  The DFW Bills Backers are having a Sabres watching party for that one. 

(Interesting story in a way.... We go to Buffalo Bros to watch the Bills play, and one of the people that comes to the games owns another bar, so on the 2nd we're all gonna descend on his bar for the Sabres game.  He happens to look like Dan Carpenter and usually wears a Carpenter jersey to the Bills games, and when the Bills attempt a field goal, instead of yelling, "Come on, Carpenter!" we yell, Come on, YOU!")

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians every year at PieHut.

Just watched this last weekend with the family. Awesome!  Have you seen the MST3K "Santa Claus" episode?  It's a Mexican movie about Santa that somehow has the devil and Merlin the Magician in it as well.  Ripe pickings for the MST3K crew, and another great seasonal episode.

Back in the saddle after a much-needed and appreciated vacation.  Turning the world off for two weeks is something I've never done before as an adult.  I'd highly recommend it to any and everyone.  I'm actually happy to be back at work (okay, so at least back at work and not angry about it, and I love my job at the worst of times), and excited to watch a hockey game tonight.  The Sabres have turned it around and are playing lights-out right?  RIGHT?

We have one of those supermarkets that gives you a 5 cent discount per gallon of gas for each $100 you spend there.  This past weekend during our normal trip to buy groceries, I somehow earned 60 cents off per gallon.  I have no idea how that happened, but all I know is that filling up my tank last night for less than $20 was awesome.

We have one of those supermarkets that gives you a 5 cent discount per gallon of gas for each $100 you spend there.  This past weekend during our normal trip to buy groceries, I somehow earned 60 cents off per gallon.  I have no idea how that happened, but all I know is that filling up my tank last night for less than $20 was awesome.

That's pretty normal for me.  But then again, 7-8 gallons is typically all it takes to fill the tank on a Fiat 500.

That's pretty normal for me.  But then again, 7-8 gallons is typically all it takes to fill the tank on a Fiat 500.

I'm usually around $12, but that only gets me 160-170 miles on the bike. (Your Fiat probably gets better mileage than the 40MPG my bike does)

You know why stores do that, right?

My oldest stepson (he's 14), won his weight class at the county wrestling tournament on Saturday.  My wife made him start wrestling in May and he was totally against it.  It was either that or military school, as we had just had enough.  He started training with a local club during the summer and went undefeated this Middle School season, 11-0, winning every match but one by pin.  He's only lost one match, and that was his first ever match in an AAU tournament, but he's never been pinned.  He ran right through his bracket in the tournament and we couldn't be prouder of him.  It's also helped turn his grades around, going from D's to B's, and far fewer behavior problems.    

He's just training to kick your ass someday you know... :nana: