Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Yesterday was one of the better days I've had in years and I'm sure it was even more special for my mom. Because every one of my brothers are such different people doing so many different things we haven't been together in years (when we sat down and talked about it we could remember a time outside of our brother's funeral in 2009).

So yesterday all five of us were together at once with our mom for the first time since we said goodbye to one of us six years ago... An absolute blast for her as she loves the Bills but rarely gets to games. We've all dealt with so much but she had to bury a husband and a son way too soon, so these moments are always special.

I made sure to get a photo of us all together so I can have it framed up for Christmas. Can't wait to have her open it.

My father, at this point in his life, is fundamentally impossible to Christmas shop for. This year, however, I stumbled onto a Bond movie box set on Amazon during cyber week...$90 for a blu-ray of all 23 movies (and the box set was even nice enough to leave a slot open for SPECTRE) with digital copy. That's not the awesome part. My father is also pretty technologically illiterate and will never, ever, use the digital copies...so I get to snag those. Boom! :D

That was my first thought, too.  :sick:

At the end, you can see that most are in plastic bags.

Wait, WHAT?

It's not ok to take your Teddy Bear into the men's room and set it up on the urinal when taking care of business and then shorty there after throw it out onto the ice?

Plastic bag my azz. That's crazy talk.

My father, at this point in his life, is fundamentally impossible to Christmas shop for. This year, however, I stumbled onto a Bond movie box set on Amazon during cyber week...$90 for a blu-ray of all 23 movies (and the box set was even nice enough to leave a slot open for SPECTRE) with digital copy. That's not the awesome part. My father is also pretty technologically illiterate and will never, ever, use the digital copies...so I get to snag those. Boom! :D

So right around $4 per movie?  Or even better, $2 per if you factor in the digital copies?  That's ridiculous.

Yesterday was one of the better days I've had in years and I'm sure it was even more special for my mom. Because every one of my brothers are such different people doing so many different things we haven't been together in years (when we sat down and talked about it we could remember a time outside of our brother's funeral in 2009).

So yesterday all five of us were together at once with our mom for the first time since we said goodbye to one of us six years ago... An absolute blast for her as she loves the Bills but rarely gets to games. We've all dealt with so much but she had to bury a husband and a son way too soon, so these moments are always special.

I made sure to get a photo of us all together so I can have it framed up for Christmas. Can't wait to have her open it.

Very nice, Hoss.  Cheers to you and your family.

This is great.  Thanks for sharing, Hoss.

My family got box seats at the Jackals tonight.  Everyone except Gramma was there.  Mom, Dad, step mom, brother, brother, sister, step brother, step sister, nephew. Jackals win 4-3 and I made full use of 1$ beer night.  My step brother just got back from Europe, so I'm about to hang out with him and his girlfriend and hear about their trip.  Awesome end to a Wednesday.

This is great. Thanks for sharing, Hoss.

My family got box seats at the Jackals tonight. Everyone except Gramma was there. Mom, Dad, step mom, brother, brother, sister, step brother, step sister, nephew. Jackals win 4-3 and I made full use of 1$ beer night. My step brother just got back from Europe, so I'm about to hang out with him and his girlfriend and hear about their trip. Awesome end to a Wednesday.

Very awesome, bro. Hockey could bring peace on earth if we would let it. Except for the fights...I remember building that arena back then. I hooked up with a beauty blonde who worked in a neighboring building. It was fleeting but has remained a good memory for me. I need to go down there and see a game one of these days.

Very awesome, bro. Hockey could bring peace on earth if we would let it. Except for the fights...I remember building that arena back then. I hooked up with a beauty blonde who worked in a neighboring building. It was fleeting but has remained a good memory for me. I need to go down there and see a game one of these days.

No , did you work construction or engineering on the First Arena?

No ######, did you work construction or engineering on the First Arena?

I was a young ironworker. I erected all the steel. I had long hair(and beautiful eyebrows) and all the ladies loved me. My local love fell in love with me while I was up on the iron.(she soon fell out of love when we were together) Giggidy. Now I feel old.....er.

I was a young ironworker. I erected all the steel. I had long hair(and beautiful eyebrows) and all the ladies loved me. My local love fell in love with me while I was up on the iron.(she soon fell out of love when we were together) Giggidy. Now I feel old.....er.

Sounds like you erected all the steel.

Well now I want to see pictures! Resurrect the "What the heck do you look like" thread!