GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

Well, besides destroying the Bruins, having a chance to beat Ottawa, on the road, as the season opener is the best case scenario for the Sabres. Set the tone tonight!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Too much fb influence, I suppose, but I like this thread. A lot!

LETS GO, BUFALO!

here we go again.. and once again we hope a lot of hopeful things

much as i want us to start off on a tear, we tend to then fade away in the middle.. so instead of that just play goddamn consistent and physical hockey throughout!

Go Sabres!

NB: Mods.. how about making a crossed sabres emoticon eh?

Really excited for the season to start. Part of it is to get the sour taste of the Bruins' series out of my mouth, part to see those awesome road jerseys in action, and part because of the Bills' ineptitude. In any event, this should be a fun one.

OOH! AAH!

This is a must win game.

Six games in nine days, with five against teams that made the playoffs last year. A good test.

Darn you beat me to it!! You're carrying on the tradition of calling every regular season a 'must win' good on ya because if you didn't say it then I was. All seriousness, looks like Spezza will be a game time decision. Doesn't matter, we should beat the Sens handedly. IMO it's going to come down to the Bruins and us for the division title. Sens are overrated....

Happy posting this year. Finally time to comment on some real game action!

Interesting to read that they are planning to start Vanek with Connolly and Pominville this year. I think they've tried that in the past. I wonder what would happen if Ennis really gels with Roy and the aforementioned line struggles?

We all know Lindy can make that last as long as he wants - usually around a whole period...

Yes, it's finally here, Sabres hockey. I am excited for the season to start for Sabres after watching Phl/Pens and Chi/Col last night. I also like that it is our kryptonite of late Ottawa so I can see right from the start if they indeed back up the talk and some of the Nancy's step up this year.

Now a lot can happen in a game(hot goalie, bad bounce, etc..) but win or lose nothing less than leaving it all out on the ice will make me happy.

Front row seat center ice in HD tonight, fridge is stocked with beer, bring it baby.

I get out of work early today, then I'm hitting the gym, then I'm buying some Blue. Can't wait.

Hell yeah. I've been holding onto two cases of Labatt since August (last time I was in WNY/up north), waiting for this day. Hope they can last me til Thanksgiving! :beer:

So, it looks like:

TC-vanek-Pommer

Roy-Ennis-Stafford

Niedermayer-Hecht-Grier

Gaustad-Kaleta- McCormick

Myers-Morrisson

Montador-Leopold

Rivet-Sekera

That's a pretty fair amount of change (and hope, if you like) compared with last year.

It would be great for TC and Vanek to find some chemistry. Maybe splitting up Roy and Vanek is Lindy's way of telling them that their prior work together hasn't been good enough.

It's go time.

ahhh there's that new season smell!

love it.

Ottawa Senators and Illinois State Nazis, I hate those guys.
-It's 106 miles to Ottawa, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

-Hit 'em!

I'll say it: We're on a mission from God.

Glad to hear that Shrader and Cereal are all set with their Blue.

Go Sabres.

Archived