Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Companies that put a cryptic code on their products for “best used by” date. 

How hard is it to use mm/yyyy?

You shouldn’t have to call the manufacturer to get the code deciphered. 😡

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

Beach week with my wife’s family ends tonight with a long ride home tomorrow. That’s not the complaint though.

I’ve been here all week with my MIL. She was ok the first half of the week but has since fallen back into her habit with liquor and has devolved into the person that no one likes.

Allow me to provide a sampling:

Yesterday afternoon I’m chatting with my BIL about these steamer pots that the wife and I are having delivered for dinner. You pick the seafood, they make up the pots, you steam them. 
We’re talking about the lobster that his wife wanted in the pots and were basically noting that the lobster we are getting off LBI in NJ is probably the same lobster that Danny Wegman is selling back home.

She chimes in from across the room “You don’t know that! There could be a species of lobster right out here that no one knew about that they’re catching for  that pot!! Now, I don’t know that for a fact but you don’t know that isn’t true!”  

Huh!? Say what now?!

Thanks for butting into the conversation that I was having with someone else to tell me that I could theoretically be wrong. Put the science aside, dear. While you’re at it, but the damn vodka aside with it!

So glad to be going home tomorrow. One more day of hiding from that beast!

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

People that announce to the world that they're on a diet and Think they've just become a personal Health Nutritionist.

Let me eat my bagel bacon sandwich in peace Before I go home to Meatless meatballs

Wait a second. Wait one hot second.

• Haha (+1) 1

Driving to Mammoth Caves in KY from Louisville this morning and it's raining pretty good...trucks 3 wide are basically blocking all the lanes and going 10 mph under the speed limit.

And to boot Mammoth Caves in the Central Time Zone so we are going to have an hour to spare 

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Driving to Mammoth Caves in KY from Louisville this morning and it's raining pretty good...trucks 3 wide are basically blocking all the lanes and going 10 mph under the speed limit.

And to boot Mammoth Caves in the Central Time Zone so we are going to have an hour to spare 

Time for the corvette factory tour!

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

Time for the corvette factory tour!

I've been looking at a C8, and they're overpriced as hell right now. The z06 that has msrp of 114k,being sold for near 200k....supply and demand and the chip shortage. I guess that's my complaint 😂😂

I can't afford one right now, but I've got my eye on one 

I can't get away from politics...stories about it, hearing everyones opinions about it.

Is there a WEBSITE I can go to that talks about all other news (weather, feel-good news stories, news about traffic/weather/crime,  sports, things like the War in Ukraine WITHOUT giving a political opinion, business, etc.)  I'm just so sick and tired of visiting web sites for news and just getting blasted with politics.

Same thing goes for a news channel.

I just want to be able to live a normal, functioning life in most ways without having politics blasted in front of my face. I'm just SO sick of it.

22 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I can't get away from politics...stories about it, hearing everyones opinions about it.

Is there a WEBSITE I can go to that talks about all other news (weather, feel-good news stories, news about traffic/weather/crime,  sports, things like the War in Ukraine WITHOUT giving a political opinion, business, etc.)  I'm just so sick and tired of visiting web sites for news and just getting blasted with politics.

I just want to be able to live a normal, functioning life in most ways without having politics blasted in front of my face. I'm just SO sick of it.

There is a local only news site for My county.  They do cover county and local community politics, but thats it.  Strictly local news.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Let me know what you think about Mammoth, I’m looking to go there soon with my family. Pouring here in Nashville as well. Be careful in the caves with the rain!

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

It does suck but that’s the way it is at this point. And also, if you want to hear talk of a war without politics coming into play, all I can say is good luck with that one. 

Curmudgeon rant alert:

I'm really tired of hearing young people complain about student loan debt and the cost of housing, all while holding there Starbucks coffee cups and paying for every streaming service out there, after they just got back from going on trips that I still haven't saved enough to be able to afford.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I just turned on the TV for my local 4pm news and forgot this Trump stuff was going on today. Waht a circus. Right to streaming. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

It does suck but that’s the way it is at this point. And also, if you want to hear talk of a war without politics coming into play, all I can say is good luck with that one. 

I heard an interview this morning from a guy who used to be a high level executive on a major cable news network.  He said when he started there was a documentary they were airing and there was breaking news of a 'car chase' (not sure if it was the OJ one or maybe a much lesser one, he didn't say). He stated he made the decision to stay with their documentary because they spent a lot of time with it and it was very well done.  The next day he said the overnight ratings came in and they got destroyed by the other networks. From then on, he said you have no choice but you have to go with what the viewers want.  If you stick to your 'programming' or actual 'news' you won't have your job for long and you will be replaced with someone who puts 'news' on that gets ratings.

And as far as getting news about the war without politics, it should be easy enough. You report on what both sides are doing, you report on battlefield progress. You 'report' the statements/rhetoric/propaganda coming out of BOTH sides without giving your opinion on it. It's not hard to do...but it goes back to my orininal point we can't get NEWS without politics added into it. The networks have the ability to just report news, they choose to add the politics.

Edited by mjd1001

On 8/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, mjd1001 said:

AP and Reuters are far more dry and factual than most. Not going to help with local stuff however.

49 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I like watching sports way more than I like talking about them.

I ***** hate summer.

I'm moving in the other direction.

Now, I don't like the offseason where we talk about the same minor stuff over and over and over...I want the season to start.

BUT, for me I like talking 'between' games about what we saw. I like player movement in the season.  Talking about Line changes. Watching the standings.  I do LIKE watching the games, but to me the discussion of the game and the 'strategy' and discussion of what happens next is more fun. 

To me, what happens between the games is more 'different'.  Teams are different. The way the game is played is different, thoughts on how to build a team evolve so there is always something to discuss there. As far as the games themselves...there isn't much in each game that I haven't already seen, so other than some minor changes it just doesn't excite me as much as it used to.

Can’t people just get along…I belong to a charitable organization and one of the officers is a guy in his late 60’s.  Whenever anyone challenges him on anything, he has a hissy fit and threatens to quit, but then shows up next time like nothing happened. 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Can’t people just get along…I belong to a charitable organization and one of the officers is a guy in his late 60’s.  Whenever anyone challenges him on anything, he has a hissy fit and threatens to quit, but then shows up next time like nothing happened. 

Its the society we grew up and and are surrounded by.  Most billboards, ads on tv, social media posts, packing of our favorite products.....the way we are sold 'stuff' and 'services' is by telling us, No, TEACHING us we deserve it.  We are as good as anyone else. Don't let someone else have what you don't have.  Get people around you to be jealous of you.  That has led to a 'me first' attitude, an attitude instilled in us to 'look out for number one'.  Over time, that leads to the selfish behavior you are talking about.  It spills into sports....MY team is all that matters.  Into politics...If my side can't win than I'll take pleasure in 'your' side losing...etc.

There may be other factors, and some can tune those things out...but overall it is a large part of who we are and the way we act.