Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

My car, which has been a loyal, trusted friend since 2011, is on the operating table and it might be all over.

My 2011 died earlier this year.  If not for the fact that I now have a car payment for the first time in a while, I don't miss it one bit.

The true annoying part though is that my 8 year old HVAC kicked the bucket last night.  So instead of no car payments, I now have 2.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Spectrum & Disney both suck. 🖕🏻

I hated missing my favorite F1 race of the year last weekend from Monza.

We aren't there yet, but maybe this is what gets us to a cable tv package with no sports for those that don't want it...and streaming for just about any sport you want.  Of course, you need to get ALL the live stuff to streaming (not there yet), and without the entire cable customer base to support the sports, those sports streaming packages may be more expensive overall (people who want sports pay MORE than now, those who don't pay a bit less than they do now)

here is an article that discusses this:  www.yahoo.com/entertainment/charter-ceo-chris-winfrey-reports-165235682.html

Some highlights:

Charter CEO Chris Winfrey indicated that little progress has been made in the week-long carriage fight with Disney and said a leaner, ESPN-free TV bundle “could stick” with price-sensitive Spectrum customers.

Winfrey reinforced his conviction that Charter is committed to pursuing a permanent shift away from the traditional cable TV business if a Disney renewal is not reached.

In recent times, Charter’s management team viewed the company’s broadband business as a supplement to its video offering, Winfrey said. Now, “it’s on the verge of flipping,” with the video side “becoming a liability.”

Ultimately, in Winfrey’s view, “it’s going to be Disney that decides” the outcome. The “alternative world” without ESPN and other Disney content would yield “a smaller base of customers” but a more loyal one, Winfrey said.

On a broader level, the cable industry veteran acknowledged, a smaller bundle would represent a significant milestone. “I don’t think it’s good for the entire video ecosystem,” he said of a Disney-free Spectrum offering.

Edited by mjd1001

Ads are absolutley out of hand online.

Youtube. Most videos now, multiple ads.  You load a video and just want to skip forward..doesn't matter, you missed that ad we are going to make you watch it.

Websites on the computer.  You load the site and wait for the ads to load. 3-4 seconds later 5-6 ads load...so now its ok to click on the link you want? No way. Just as you think its  safe, you click on that link you want and an ad opens RIGHT where you click and you load the ad.  Now desperate to close the ad, you look for the little tiny 'x' to close it on that pop up, and at the moment you click it it moves because another ad loads on the page of the ad, and another pop up now opens.

Even on my phone.  I find an article I want to read, and you wait for the 2-4 ads to load, and then scroll down. Same as above, new ads load as you are scrolling and it takes you to those pages. Or how about the article that loads where 1/3 of the page is taken by an ad...then about 10 seconds later more ads load...until LITERALLY 80% of the screen is taken up by ads and I'm trying to read the article on less than 1 inch of space on my phone for the actual article.

I've said it before...but when I am hammered with ads the ONLY thing I remember about the ads is to remember the name of the company and make sure I do NOT support them.  I guess most ad companies and execs only know how to make money with the strategy of 'all gas, no brakes', shove our ads in front of people so much that eventually they will give in and buy from us!

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

To many Handy cap parking spots and not enough handy capped people.

This doesn't happen everywhere, but I'll share an interesting story of what I encountered when we were on vacation a few years ago. 

Small cute village, lots of shops everywhere. We get there on a Tuesday morning (I think, it was mid-week) to go to a cute little bakery. Its not that crowded. There are handicapped parking spots ( alot of them), another spot for 'our law enforcement partners', one for 'employee of the month' and then one for 'expectant mother parking'. 

Every single one of them was empty, and the first spot we found was a good 100 feet farther away.   Sure, the walk wasn't that bad and sometimes I'll park farther away because I would rather have the long walk other than someone banging into the car, but I thought this was excessive.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Ads are absolutley out of hand online.

Youtube. Most videos now, multiple ads.  You load a video and just want to skip forward..doesn't matter, you missed that ad we are going to make you watch it.

Websites on the computer.  You load the site and wait for the ads to load. 3-4 seconds later 5-6 ads load...so now its ok to click on the link you want? No way. Just as you think its  safe, you click on that link you want and an ad opens RIGHT where you click and you load the ad.  Now desperate to close the ad, you look for the little tiny 'x' to close it on that pop up, and at the moment you click it it moves because another ad loads on the page of the ad, and another pop up now opens.

Even on my phone.  I find an article I want to read, and you wait for the 2-4 ads to load, and then scroll down. Same as above, new ads load as you are scrolling and it takes you to those pages. Or how about the article that loads where 1/3 of the page is taken by an ad...then about 10 seconds later more ads load...until LITERALLY 80% of the screen is taken up by ads and I'm trying to read the article on less than 1 inch of space on my phone for the actual article.

I've said it before...but when I am hammered with ads the ONLY thing I remember about the ads is to remember the name of the company and make sure I do NOT support them.  I guess most ad companies and execs only know how to make money with the strategy of 'all gas, no brakes', shove our ads in front of people so much that eventually they will give in and buy from us!

Here's my personal favorite that happens to me each weekend.  When I try to watch highlights of the Bills game on my phone, I immediately get an ad as a start the video.  Once that's done and I click on the button to go to full screen and then it immediately goes to another add.  It will also go to an add if I just rotate the phone to view horizontally.  I can never actually get them to run full screen because this causes an infinite loop.  And it is the same exact ad each time.

And my own complain, or maybe just a head scratching observation.  I've been noticing a ton of man purses lately when I run to the store.  Are those pocketless sweatpants that important that they have to resort to the man purse?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

WNY summer is over after today. Now time for 8 months of gray, gloom, cold, wind, rain & snow. 

I like a large part of the next 8 months.  I know we don't get this in Jan or Feb, but 40's early in the morning, 50's for daytime highs...light jacket weather...my absolute favorite!  You just don't get that from June to August here, or ANYTIME of the year in many of the southern climates that so many other people who live there convince themself are better than up north.

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

And my own complain, or maybe just a head scratching observation.  I've been noticing a ton of man purses lately when I run to the store.  Are those pocketless sweatpants that important that they have to resort to the man purse?

I know, right?  What happened to the fanny pack?  Lol

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Here's my personal favorite that happens to me each weekend.  When I try to watch highlights of the Bills game on my phone, I immediately get an ad as a start the video.  Once that's done and I click on the button to go to full screen and then it immediately goes to another add.  It will also go to an add if I just rotate the phone to view horizontally.  I can never actually get them to run full screen because this causes an infinite loop.  And it is the same exact ad each time.

My complaint, sweatpants in public.

• Like (+1) 1