Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Who the hell would have the balls to put someone else out like that? Lack of self awareness is unbelievable. "Hey, I'm gonna come and f*** your whole s*** up for the next 4 or 5 months. That's cool, right?"

I *****in hate manipulative people. And that's exactly what he's doing when he's pulling your wife aside to discuss it. 

Oh, and another thing, people who bring up money are scummy. "Oh, I pay this, this and this, isn't that's shocking?!"

Who would do that? Add my mother to the list. 

And as for other complaints, my son is currently cutting 4 molars at the same time. He’s a true pleasure right now. 

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

Who would do that? Add my mother to the list. 

And as for other complaints, my son is currently cutting 4 molars at the same time. He’s a true pleasure right now. 

Whelp, turns out the teething tablets that my son had were recalled in 2010 due to potential toxicity. So I won't recommend those to you lol...but they definitely worked. 

58 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Whelp, turns out the teething tablets that my son had were recalled in 2010 due to potential toxicity. So I won't recommend those to you lol...but they definitely worked. 

I went with rum…. For myself

8 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Another thing just came up that I need to vent on a bit....but I have to 'tread lightly' here.

Father-in-Law moved to Florida over 10 years ago. We visit yearly and after the first day I usually am ready to return home but...He had a conversatoin with my wife last night. 

Has a pretty big house there.  Since he moved there his property taxes have almost doubled, Homeowners assoc fees are up $50 a month, and homeowners insurance invoice came in last week and what was about $1200 a decade ago is now closing in on $6000 per year.  This is after saying his auto insurace got a huge increase a few months ago also. His car also was broken into a few months ago during the day in the parking lot at Home Depot. SO....the idea he 'floated' to my wife was what if he sells his house there and buys a much smaller condo there, or possibly in Georgia to live 7-8 months of the year in, and 'comes to visit us' and stays at our house here in NY state all summer/every summer?

I don't see that working out well. The discussion about this might not be too much fun but if this is allowed to happen the stress that comes from it might lead to a divorce.

FWIW, my parents stay with us (wife  and two boys) from December 15th through Jan 15-30th each year to escape the harsh Buffalo winters.  Then back to Buffalo for two weeks, and a month in Florida rental.  It can be stressful but I recognize that our distance prevents a lot of frequency to our visits so they are usually longer.  I’ll bring one of the boys back this summer and work two weeks (remote) and add a few days of PTO knowing I won’t see them until Christmas.  My wife loves the visits bc they add value by shopping, cooking and helping me with my oldest who is disabled.  Sounds like your situation might be a little different.  Three months can be a lot, so I would recommend you try one month. See if it works for all parties.  Maybe he could AB&B another month.  If he is a POS (inference only) and is a hindrance not a help, it would manifest within 30 days.  Your wife will see it and probably think twice about the following year.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably another repeat by me…

Restaurants that serve something other than Coca-Cola or Pepsi. You are making a huge profit when charging $3-4 a glass.  Stop serving the awful tasting generic crap, you are still making a lot of money when selling the Big 2.  

I will not frequent any place that does this no matter how good the food or service is. 

😡

Edited by LabattBlue

I'n retired and have several friends who are also retired. They bring up the WNY/Buffalo weather "it sucks ! " every single time I go out with them and won't let it go. Drone on about it excessively.  All have the means to relocate (which I suggest) and they dismiss it immediately.

I love our weather from May to October and spend a ton of time out on my deck. I can get through the winters just fine. Even with taxes, I find it very easy to live here financially. Tons for me to do. Traveling throughout the country in my younger days, I wasn't a fan of most other places I visited and was fortunate enough to find solid employment later in my hometown. We are all different and all respect to everyone. 

I'm trying to figure out if it's just making conversation or are they actually that miserable. They never used to be like that. It's draining. After a couple hours, I have to get up and leave them.  Ugh..

3 minutes ago, Night Train said:

I'n retired and have several friends who are also retired. They bring up the WNY/Buffalo weather "it sucks ! " every single time I go out with them and won't let it go. Drone on about it excessively.  All have the means to relocate (which I suggest) and they dismiss it immediately.

I love our weather from May to October and spend a ton of time out on my deck. I can get through the winters just fine. Even with taxes, I find it very easy to live here financially. Tons for me to do. Traveling throughout the country in my younger days, I wasn't a fan of most other places I visited and was fortunate enough to find solid employment later in my hometown. We are all different and all respect to everyone. 

I'm trying to figure out if it's just making conversation or are they actually that miserable. They never used to be like that. It's draining. After a couple hours, I have to get up and leave them.  Ugh..

Some people aren't happy, and need to complain. But I suspect complaining about the weather is a placeholder for what they're really unhappy about, and that's something that's not acceptable to complain about. As you say, there are solutions available. As the sage Daniel Tiger teaches us, "try to solve the problem yourself, and you'll feel proud".

Complaint: coming back from a few days of fun-work trip followed a few days by solo vacation, it's hard to get back into normal life. I realize this is a crappy complaint since I had a great time last week. Bicycling in Colorado is a blast.

• Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Probably another repeat by me…

Restaurants that serve something other than Coca-Cola or Pepsi. You are making a huge profit when charging $3-4 a glass.  Stop serving the awful tasting generic crap, you are still making a lot of money when selling the Big 2.  

I will not frequent any place that does this no matter how good the food or service is. 

😡

Good luck in Buffalo where like 80% of the independent restaurants/bars serve RC.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Funny.  We have recently retired friends that constantly complain about the weather now, too.  I can’t figure it out.  You have every day that you are free to do what you want, and individual bad weather days annoy the ***** out of you.  You complained less when working 5 days a week and bad weather days on your free days were more impactful.

Some places have more consistently temperate weather.  Some have lower taxes.  Others have more to do.  I think I live in an area with the best compromise of all those factors.  I’m not inclined to complain when one of those factors gives a negative result, if the others do make up for it.

• Like (+1) 1

My mom passed away last Thursday @ 1:21AM. Thanks in advance to all for the condolences, she's the one who introduced me to hockey from birth. She was a fanatic, the apple never falls far from the tree.

My complaint? I am going to buy a jersey and name plate it with my moms maiden name, Linda Morgan (you can see her obit on wattengale.com), but, the cemetery where she is being interned won't let me erect a 20' flag pole with a Sabres flag over her.....

So, I get it, rules is rules, not even veterans get flag poles, but that doesn't mean I can't vent about it.

Thanks all for hearing me out.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Funny.  We have recently retired friends that constantly complain about the weather now, too.  I can’t figure it out.  You have every day that you are free to do what you want, and individual bad weather days annoy the ***** out of you.  You complained less when working 5 days a week and bad weather days on your free days were more impactful.

Some places have more consistently temperate weather.  Some have lower taxes.  Others have more to do.  I think I live in an area with the best compromise of all those factors.  I’m not inclined to complain when one of those factors gives a negative result, if the others do make up for it.

They're retired.  Complaining becomes their new jobs.

After about 25 years with my sturdy, heavy, durable computer desk, its time for a new one.  I just want something in a light maple or white, medium length, sturdy, with a keyboard try or the ability to clamp on on to it.  Looks decent, not something out of an industrial office.  Basic. Shouldn't be too hard right?

Hours of searching online I have found gaming desks that are huge.  Desks that adjust in height that are motorized. Multi level desks. Desks with cable management systems built in, led lights built in. Desks where the entire top is a fabric like a mouse pad. Desks that are multi-colored. Desks where the surface is multiple pieces with a seam (or many) seams in them.  Desks that cost $300, $400, up to $1000 and more.  The FEW that I have found that fit what i want are usually under $100 and all reviews say to 'stay away' as they are made out of fiber board and fall apart within months.  It shouldn't be this hard to get something that is both quality and somewhat basic in design.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

I'll take this further.

Overly confident stupid people who don't know they are stupid.

The less someone knows, the louder they yell.  But then again, there is a large segment of the population that seems drawn to people who yell the loudest, regardless of what they are saying.  We see it in all aspects of life, at our jobs, with our bosses, politics, sports, just about everywhere.  The times of 'quiet confidence' are gone.

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

My mom passed away last Thursday @ 1:21AM. Thanks in advance to all for the condolences, she's the one who introduced me to hockey from birth. She was a fanatic, the apple never falls far from the tree.

My complaint? I am going to buy a jersey and name plate it with my moms maiden name, Linda Morgan (you can see her obit on wattengale.com), but, the cemetery where she is being interned won't let me erect a 20' flag pole with a Sabres flag over her.....

So, I get it, rules is rules, not even veterans get flag poles, but that doesn't mean I can't vent about it.

Thanks all for hearing me out.

My condolences. 😞

• Thanks (+1) 1