Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Summer sucks.

I agree if you are talking about this heat/weather.

Personally, I'd rather take a walk outside with temps in the 30's with a jacket on, the 40's, 50s, and low 60's with a light jacket on, or the upper 60's or low 70s with a t-shirt...rather than deal with ANY of this 85 and over stuff with humidity. And even the sun. Give me a mostly-to-partly cloudy day over the sun beating down on my skin heating it up even more for most of these days.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

I agree if you are talking about this heat/weather.

Personally, I'd rather take a walk outside with temps in the 30's with a jacket on, the 40's, 50s, and low 60's with a light jacket on, or the upper 60's or low 70s with a t-shirt...rather than deal with ANY of this 85 and over stuff with humidity. And even the sun. Give me a mostly-to-partly cloudy day over the sun beating down on my skin heating it up even more for most of these days.

I don’t even mind rain. They make jackets for just that purpose. Also, water dries.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Everything's gone to hell in a handbasket since Lars went back to Sweden.

Thought he was Danish.

• Like (+1) 1

I accidentally overpaid one of my credit cards about 7 weeks ago (paid credit card X instead of credit card Y).  I realized my mistake a few days later and called to request a refund.  They have sat on this for 7 GD weeks.  I have had to call like 5 times to request the refund.  All I want is for them to send me back my money, preferably the same way (electronically) that I sent it to them.  At this point I am certain it's intentional.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I accidentally overpaid one of my credit cards about 7 weeks ago (paid credit card X instead of credit card Y).  I realized my mistake a few days later and called to request a refund.  They have sat on this for 7 GD weeks.  I have had to call like 5 times to request the refund.  All I want is for them to send me back my money, preferably the same way (electronically) that I sent it to them.  At this point I am certain it's intentional.

There is no way that any human (other than you,… and now us) knows that this specific event is even happening.

I know I’ve mentioned this before, probably in this thread, but my wife got our credit card bot to dispute with the bot from a company I buy software from. Took a couple of months, but we got our refund. I doubt there was a human at either company that knew this took place.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

They should have to pay you at the same interest rate they charge.  I'd abuse the hell out of that.

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Insurance companies, why give me my prescription at a reduced rate for 3 months and then in the 4 month jack up the price or force me to use another pharmacy to get it at a reduce rate?

My wife is constantly playing this game.  My personal favorite is when they "accidentally" cancel the prescription, forcing her to scramble last second and go to the local CVS with no choice but to pay that jacked up price.

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

There are two sides to health care: one is about healing, the other is about profits. I haven’t figured out yet which one has more say. (Actually, I think I have.)

Summer sucks.

….and why aren’t there GD arrow keys on iOS keyboards?!!?!?! FU, Apple!

Trust me, if I had any real say, the Healthcare system would be very very different. 

I'd get paid less, but would be more satisfied. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Nonstop rain is keeping me from cutting the grass.

Tomorrow is another day.

I managed to sneak it in yesterday evening between the noon-time rain and night rain. Wasn't even that wet that the mower complained much.

Complaint: not enough time to ride bikes.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/1/2023 at 10:14 AM, Pimlach said:

Pit Bulls.  😠

On 6/1/2023 at 10:28 AM, Weave said:

I used to think that way until my son adopted one.  It’s the owner, not the dog.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:15 PM, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

This 

This blanket statement is 100% not true.  Pit bulls don’t “just snap.”  The only dogs I’ve ever been bitten by are a pug and a golden retriever.  Pits are high energy and require a dedicated owner to keep them busy, but they are not a naturally violent animal.

Ive had two pits and I will always have one for the rest of my life. They are some of the most sweetest, loyal dogs you can get, and the hysteria around them is misplaced at best.  They might look scary and have the capability to do a lot of damage, but so do I. 

People can believe whatever they want, but a properly raised pitbull may be the most loyal and loving pet you ever own. I know the two I’ve had have been two of my favorite pets of all time, but like any dog, they require an owner that trains them correctly from a young age.  

On 6/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, Weave said:

Pits are uniquely built to do some serious damage.  In that regard they are more dangerous than many other dangerous dogs, but it still comes down to whether they are properly socialized, just like any other dog.

They need the right owners.  Just like Malinois.  Just like Cane Corsos.  Or mastiffs, akitas, or chows. Or labs for that matter.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:34 PM, nfreeman said:

There's the rub though.  There are a ton of pit bulls that haven't been properly raised and whose owners gave up on them and left them in shelters.  People adopting them as rescues generally have their hearts in the right places but in most cases it's too late and that dog is a loaded weapon ready to go off and capable of causing major injury to people and other dogs.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, Pimlach said:

I never made a blanket statement, I said they "can" snap,  I blanket statement might be they "do" snap, or they "will" snap.   The one that bit me snapped.  It was unprovoked, and I was introduced to it 5 minutes prior in his garage, with the owner there, and the dog let me pet him and it smelled me.   Again, I am used to Pit Bulls from my sons dog, which I have experience with.  We went into the yard and it snapped, it immediately attacked and it defied the owners command.   I was there.  I have the wounds to prove it.  

To say a pit bull is not naturally violent is a blanket statement that it is very misleading and not back by statistics.  The highest percentage of dog attacks in the US are by pit bulls, and the large majority of the victims are family members, not strangers.  That gives a little credence to my comments.  

Your comment on properly raising one is interesting.   How about properly bred?   How much of this problem with pit bulls is do to bad breeding?  

If you need a guard dog for a home or business they will get the job done.    I will never have one and now I will never go near one, but some people, like my son who also owns one, can manage them.  

This story comes to a sad, annd predictable end.  The dog bit the owner, who let it go and explained it away.  Then the dog maimed and killed another dog that he was living with and allegedly had been socialized with. 

Finally, the beast was put down.  Three victims in 6 weeks.  I wonder how many before that?  

-I know 4 different people (me being one) that had vertigo issues on Tuesday. Something is going on. Wish there was more air in the air.

-Why don’t cats eat out of their own GD bowl?

-Buffalonil. https://www.nhl.com/news/2023-24-nhl-trades/c-344953916 There have been 6 trades so far this summer (maybe one of note.) The NHL has taken off for the summer. Maybe you should too. I know I should.

51 minutes ago, SwampD said:

-It’s also amazing how many really bad live audio engineers there are. Loud doesn’t mean good.

Of course not; you need to put a bunch of compression on to make sure it's consistently loud.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't know is this is a complaint so much as well, something just really bizarre...

I just walked into the room where my wife is working.  On here computer she was listening in to a call that was some kind of conference call or seminar or something required for her job that she listen to/ take part it.  Anyway, the woman talking/leading it was talking about being professional in a business environment...yet she was talking so loud and fast that it was almost like she was yelling, and in the minute or two I was in there I heard her say things like "I hate it when people do this" and "there is absolutely no way I put up with that and I don't take someone seriously when they do that" or "if you are going to do that I'm just going to move onto the next person".

So, she is giving a class/call/seminar of some kind on being professional in the business environment, and she is doing so by being one of the most un-professional people I have listed to on a call (I asked my wife if she was doing that to make a point and my wife said no...she just told me the woman was 'eccentric' in her words)

2nd complaint...and not to wade into the gender wars or start one here..but...why is it in the past 10 years whenever I personally had a conference call with a supervisor that was a male, the call lasted about 10 minutes...and when I have a supervisor who is a female the same material in a call takes up 45 mintues of everyone's time?  My current supervisor...10 minutes of material takes 60 minutes with talk about her health, her weekend, her vacation, etc.

Edited by mjd1001

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

-It’s also amazing how many really bad live audio engineers there are. Loud doesn’t mean good.

Because they are engineers by title only.  

So much new music is poorly recorded so it is no surprise the same is true for live music.

I've grown weary of family/friends talking about politics. 

Outside of sports, I watch science and wildlife/nature shows.  I can respectfully listen to it for a while, anticipating the onversation will change but it's tiring to hear so many just drone on about how much they dislike a political party. Enough already...

50 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't know is this is a complaint so much as well, something just really bizarre...

I just walked into the room where my wife is working.  On here computer she was listening in to a call that was some kind of conference call or seminar or something required for her job that she listen to/ take part it.  Anyway, the woman talking/leading it was talking about being professional in a business environment...yet she was talking so loud and fast that it was almost like she was yelling, and in the minute or two I was in there I heard her say things like "I hate it when people do this" and "there is absolutely no way I put up with that and I don't take someone seriously when they do that" or "if you are going to do that I'm just going to move onto the next person".

So, she is giving a class/call/seminar of some kind on being professional in the business environment, and she is doing so by being one of the most un-professional people I have listed to on a call (I asked my wife if she was doing that to make a point and my wife said no...she just told me the woman was 'eccentric' in her words)

2nd complaint...and not to wade into the gender wars or start one here..but...why is it in the past 10 years whenever I personally had a conference call with a supervisor that was a male, the call lasted about 10 minutes...and when I have a supervisor who is a female the same material in a call takes up 45 mintues of everyone's time?  My current supervisor...10 minutes of material takes 60 minutes with talk about her health, her weekend, her vacation, etc.

Addressing your second complaint.  

It is because cost, schedule, quality, performance and innovation are not the focus of todays workplace.  

Focusing on these things might hurt someone’s feelings or exclude.   

Leadership has been replaced by “Management”.    Domain knowledge is completely secondary in the selection of management.   It’s barely required. 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Because they are engineers by title only.  

So much new music is poorly recorded so it is no surprise the same is true for live music.

I think those are two separate issues. There is plenty of fantastic recorded music right now. The problem with live is that there is so much of it, and in most cases, the guy who has all the gear and is willing to schlep it, doesn’t have the best ears or knowledge. It’s kind of amazing.

The last show I was at, we went to see the opening act. When the headliners started, we left. Even with earplugs, it was so loud that it was a mush of garbage and you couldn’t hear anything. You should never have to put in ear plugs at a live show if the mix is right.

Edited by SwampD

All these years,… I finally realize that it isn’t cats I hate,… it’s cat people.

I now have two cats that I love and they are awesome, but good lord, I don’t need to talk about them, or tell everyone about how great they are, or discuss their different personalities. Jebus Christmas just shoot me.