Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

All these years,… I finally realize that it isn’t cats I hate,… it’s cat people.

I now have two cats that I love and they are awesome, but good lord, I don’t need to talk about them, or tell everyone about how great they are, or discuss their different personalities. Jebus Christmas just shoot me.

Always a fun family chat......

download (2).jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

2nd complaint...and not to wade into the gender wars or start one here..but...why is it in the past 10 years whenever I personally had a conference call with a supervisor that was a male, the call lasted about 10 minutes...and when I have a supervisor who is a female the same material in a call takes up 45 mintues of everyone's time?  My current supervisor...10 minutes of material takes 60 minutes with talk about her health, her weekend, her vacation, etc.

While I can't comment on your team, my team is predominantly male and we talk about all kinds or stuff on our staff calls. I'd say for me, it brings the team closer together and helps when things get tough. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the highest performing and most cohesive team I've been on; we really have each other's backs and there's zero toxicity.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I got a little poison ivy at least a week ago, and somehow new spots keep popping up. I assume the oil is on something I touch, but I can't figure out what it could possibly be.

I have gotten it a few times in the past few years.  I'm not the person that gets it 'really bad' (I don't get huge boils or bumps) but it is really really annoying.  For me once I get it, it seems to spread no matter for what I do...not getting better for about a week.   I guess each person has a different sensativity to it.  Our daughter just doesn't get it, i have seen her walk right through poison ivy and nothing...zero. Her boyfriend?  If he gets it, it gets really bad and it last for over a month.

Edited by mjd1001

33 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I have gotten it a few times in the past few years.  I'm not the person that gets it 'really bad' (I don't get huge boils or bumps) but it is really really annoying.  For me once I get it, it seems to spread no matter for what I do...not getting better for about a week.   I guess each person has a different sensativity to it.  Our daughter just doesn't get it, i have seen her walk right through poison ivy and nothing...zero. Her boyfriend?  If he gets it, it gets really bad and it last for over a month.

Ugh, I used to be like your daughter; we'd all go do something and everyone else would have it but not me. It was a wonderful time.

49 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Ugh, I used to be like your daughter; we'd all go do something and everyone else would have it but not me. It was a wonderful time.

Likewise.  

And then slowly started to get it if it was on my skin for a few hours.  Now need to get it off my skin within an hour or will break out.

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The only way it spreads is if it is on something (clothes, furniture, sheets.)

My wife doesn't get it either (15% of people don't, probably the same 15% who think that cilantro tastes like soap😀) and It's annoying cuz I really get it.

4 hours ago, MattPie said:

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Likewise.  

And then slowly started to get it if it was on my skin for a few hours.  Now need to get it off my skin within an hour or will break out.

I was always told that you have 15 minutes to wash it off if you know you've been exposed, but it's probably different from person to person.

I F'N HATE poison ivy!!!!! It's insidious.

37 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The only way it spreads is if it is on something (clothes, furniture, sheets.)

My wife doesn't get it either (15% of people don't, probably the same 15% who think that cilantro tastes like soap😀) and It's annoying cuz I really get it.

I was always told that you have 15 minutes to wash it off if you know you've been exposed, but it's probably different from person to person.

I F'N HATE poison ivy!!!!! It's insidious.

For people with severe sensitivity to it, they've probably got even less than that to avoid any reaction to it.

But, personally, even though am now susceptible to it, a good thorough shower washing essentially all skin twice will prevent any rashes provided that shower comes within an hour or 2 of contact.

Never was allergic to it when younger.  Of course, didn't have seasonal allergies until about 10 years ago either.  Sucks getting old.  Beats the alternative.

New Car dealerships.

They just don't evolve with the times....for most of them it is ALL about the sale, all about squeezing every last dollar from you, very few actually want an 'equal' transaction between the customer and the business.  I probably don't have to say much more than the cabin air filter costing $12 at Walmart or an auto parts store and taking me 3 mintues to install with no tools, but the dealership charging $50-$70 to do it...or how about when I DID change the cabin air filter but when at the dealership for other service, they tell me my 'tech' suggested I change it for that $70 even though I just did so myself a month ago?  Or how about the time about a decade ago they told me I needed my brakes or suspension 'lubricated' and they suggest I get it done right away (for well over $100), when the owners manual didn't mention it needing to be done at all AND I drove the car for a LONG time after not getting it done with zero problems.

Here is the new one.  Daughter looking for a new car to lease.  Sent a simple email to multiple dealerships. 1.)what are the lease deals on a particular car (the manufacturer website doesn't list them but instead says 'contact my dealer'. 2.) how do they handle lease trade ins from other manufacturers?  3.) How do you handle a lease trade in from another manufacturer if the lease is getting turned in a couple months early.  Fairly simple I woudl think....But no.  2 Dealers called me back within 20 minutes asking me to stop in.  I asked the people on the phone about my questions and they had no idea what I was talking about.  Just stop in and talk to someone.

It doesn't matter if I ask them one question, a different question, or if I write my email in French, Russian, or Kilingon.  As long as they have my name and number, there is no way I'm getting an answer to my questions apparently unless I stop in. The whole reason for an email is that I don't want to and do not have time to drive to your dealership that is 20+ minutes away to get a simple answer to a simple question.

I can't help but think that when we visit relatives in Florida if I am bored I'll browse through the new car lots..and almost every car has a $1200 or more "Southeast regional adjustment" fee on the window sticker.  One time a couple years ago I talked to someone and asked about it...that particular dealership in no way was going to waive it...mandatory. No negotiation. Tell them I'll go to a different dealership and they let me walk out.  We took a 'boat tour' of the river/inlet that year and the 'tour' guide pointed out various things...celebrities who live in the area, etc...and then pointed out a HUGE house that she said was being built for something crazy like almost $10million..and it just happened to be the owner of several of those very car dealerships in the area.

Edited by mjd1001

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

New Car dealerships.

They just don't evolve with the times....for most of them it is ALL about the sale, all about squeezing every last dollar from you, very few actually want an 'equal' transaction between the customer and the business.  I probably don't have to say much more than the cabin air filter costing $12 at Walmart or an auto parts store and taking me 3 mintues to install with no tools, but the dealership charging $50-$70 to do it...or how about when I DID change the cabin air filter but when at the dealership for other service, they tell me my 'tech' suggested I change it for that $70 even though I just did so myself a month ago?  Or how about the time about a decade ago they told me I needed my brakes or suspension 'lubricated' and they suggest I get it done right away (for well over $100), when the owners manual didn't mention it needing to be done at all AND I drove the car for a LONG time after not getting it done with zero problems.

Here is the new one.  Daughter looking for a new car to lease.  Sent a simple email to multiple dealerships. 1.)what are the lease deals on a particular car (the manufacturer website doesn't list them but instead says 'contact my dealer'. 2.) how do they handle lease trade ins from other manufacturers?  3.) How do you handle a lease trade in from another manufacturer if the lease is getting turned in a couple months early.  Fairly simple I woudl think....But no.  2 Dealers called me back within 20 minutes asking me to stop in.  I asked the people on the phone about my questions and they had no idea what I was talking about.  Just stop in and talk to someone.

It doesn't matter if I ask them one question, a different question, or if I write my email in French, Russian, or Kilingon.  As long as they have my name and number, there is no way I'm getting an answer to my questions apparently unless I stop in. The whole reason for an email is that I don't want to and do not have time to drive to your dealership that is 20+ minutes away to get a simple answer to a simple question.

I can't help but think that when we visit relatives in Florida if I am bored I'll browse through the new car lots..and almost every car has a $1200 or more "Southeast regional adjustment" fee on the window sticker.  One time a couple years ago I talked to someone and asked about it...that particular dealership in no way was going to waive it...mandatory. No negotiation. Tell them I'll go to a different dealership and they let me walk out.  We took a 'boat tour' of the river/inlet that year and the 'tour' guide pointed out various things...celebrities who live in the area, etc...and then pointed out a HUGE house that she said was being built for something crazy like almost $10million..and it just happened to be the owner of several of those very car dealerships in the area.

Ugh. We bought our last car (used) from the local place, but I think we're going to try Carvana or equivalent next time. Our transaction was messed up from the start and we ended up driving on dealer plates for a couple months. Turns out the sold the car to us before they had the title in hand, and then that drug out for awhile (it was a returning lease where someone in Oregon was leasing the car for their daughter in Ithaca for school). It all worked out but wow.

I bought one car at a Subaru dealer near DC that was a straight $400 over invoice for every car on the lot. I know they didn't necessarily pay invoice for it, but I don't care because it eliminated that part of the process entirely. Only crappy part of that was they didn't send my NYS plates back (I had just moved) and some time later NYS suspended my license (that I didn't have any more) for having a car without insurance. That actually came up when I moved to Ithaca, but it didn't turn out to be much of a thing. The bigger thing was my PA license was only re-issued a few months before and because it wasn't 6 months old they wouldn't automatically transfer it to NYS. I even brought the previous licenses going back 15 years. I ended up just waiting until 6 months was up, lol.

I just wish dealerships would cut the ***** with that first offer that is a slap in the face.  I was shopping to lease a new car maybe 2 months ago. The initial offer I got was so horrible that I immediately got up and walked out. Sure, I can negotiate it down, but if they’re going to start with something that insulting and predatory, I’m not wasting another second with them. 

I ultimately settled on a different car, but out of curiosity I went to another dealership to check out that same car. Their initial offer for the lease was $6000 lower. 

• Like (+1) 1

At night when people driving put their highbeams on when they see a pedestrian.

I take a walk every once in a while at night. On the sidewalk (or bike/pedestrain path).  Seperated from the road by a curb and often 6-8 feet of grass (sometimes with trees). Not on the road, not on the shoulder, but safely away from the oncoming traffic with zero issues and almost zero chance of coming anywhere near the oncoming traffic.  

Yet, poeple just LOVE to put their high beams on when they see a pedestrian on the side of the road, absolutely BLINDING that pedestrian (more than they would with oncoming cars becasue the high beams are often slightly aimed toward the right).  I might be wearing light clothes so I can easily be seen without the high beams.  Heck sometimes there are even street lights overhead that make me visbible with absolutey zero doubt.

I see them driving down the road without them on, but once they see me, go ahead, BLIND ME AWAY even though I am 6-8 feet off the road and on the sidewalk.  You aren't doing it to oncoming traffic of course, and it doesn't matter if I shield my eyes with my hand or even wave my hands at them to make it obvious I cannot see anything with those high beams aimed at my head...just keep those high beams on only to turn them off after you pass me.

35 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

At night when people driving put their highbeams on when they see a pedestrian.

I take a walk every once in a while at night. On the sidewalk (or bike/pedestrain path).  Seperated from the road by a curb and often 6-8 feet of grass (sometimes with trees). Not on the road, not on the shoulder, but safely away from the oncoming traffic with zero issues and almost zero chance of coming anywhere near the oncoming traffic.  

Yet, poeple just LOVE to put their high beams on when they see a pedestrian on the side of the road, absolutely BLINDING that pedestrian (more than they would with oncoming cars becasue the high beams are often slightly aimed toward the right).  I might be wearing light clothes so I can easily be seen without the high beams.  Heck sometimes there are even street lights overhead that make me visbible with absolutey zero doubt.

I see them driving down the road without them on, but once they see me, go ahead, BLIND ME AWAY even though I am 6-8 feet off the road and on the sidewalk.  You aren't doing it to oncoming traffic of course, and it doesn't matter if I shield my eyes with my hand or even wave my hands at them to make it obvious I cannot see anything with those high beams aimed at my head...just keep those high beams on only to turn them off after you pass me.

A person walking when they could be driving? Sus. You're probably going to try to carjack them or something; better be safe and make sure you can see it when they lunge for your speeding car.

4 minutes ago, MattPie said:

A person walking when they could be driving? Sus. You're probably going to try to carjack them or something; better be safe and make sure you can see it when they lunge for your speeding car.

See, I would have guessed vampire.  So you scare them off with the bright light.  Wait, maybe that's a gremlin.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Wife and I did our first shot for shingles. We are both sore and tired 24 hours later. Can hardly wait for the 2nd  shot  in a couple months. Ugh...

This is why I have been putting it off, even though I shouldn't.

Took a friend to the hospital today to get some fluid drained. I decided to bring my Tab S7+ for entertainment while in the waiting room.

Except I left it on the roof of the car, where it stayed until I was driving down the road. After hearing a weird thud, I took a second to realize what had happened.

Turned around, found the case and SPen in the middle of the road and the tablet flung off to the side, clearly run over. Dagnabbit. So infuriating.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Took a friend to the hospital today to get some fluid drained. I decided to bring my Tab S7+ for entertainment while in the waiting room.

Except I left it on the roof of the car, where it stayed until I was driving down the road. After hearing a weird thud, I took a second to realize what had happened.

Turned around, found the case and SPen in the middle of the road and the tablet flung off to the side, clearly run over. Dagnabbit. So infuriating.

Did you at least get to keep the fluid?

/s  I'm sorry, that sux!

Edited by Eleven

32 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Wife and I did our first shot for shingles. We are both sore and tired 24 hours later. Can hardly wait for the 2nd  shot  in a couple months. Ugh...

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is why I have been putting it off, even though I shouldn't.

Yeah, I’ve heard enough about that 2nd shot that I’ve been putting it off.

I had shingles in my right eye, gotta be 10yrs ago now.  I should know better than to put it off.  Shingles seriously sucks.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Yet, poeple just LOVE to put their high beams on when they see a pedestrian on the side of the road, absolutely BLINDING that pedestrian

I've been running a lot at night lately to avoid the heat and this happens to me all the time. The sidewalk I run on at night is basically right next to the road, so I often have to literally stop so I don't go in the road while blinded.

• Like (+1) 1