2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

20 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

It sure helps having guys who make $10 million a year able to sit out their injuries until playoff time. It allows teams with top talent to be able to compete in the playoffs. Vegas being $14 million over the cap this season. Tampa before them. 

Vegas is gonna be lit when they win next week, especially if they do it at home.

What they’ve done is within the rules, no need to put an asterisk on their record. However, there is a stench from that approach, especially when the guys return for the very first playoff game.

I like the way KA is getting guys locked up to fair deals with the long term cap implications in mind. If the cap goes up significantly, he can add some good talent to his core. That loophole may still be there when the Sabres are contending but they may not need it.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

It seemed to me that Montour flying in there and knocking Hill's teammate into Hill might have been the cause.

Either way, I think Tkachuk is exactly the type of player that I can't stand but really wish he was a Sabre.

Tkachuk needs his face used as a punching bag. Guy is just a dirty *****!

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If I was Eichel, I'd spend my day with the cup 

In buffalo 

Ultiamte troll job 

Embrace being the villain 

I doubt that Buffalo fans are in his head the same way that he's in some Buffalo fans' heads.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I doubt that Buffalo fans are in his head the same way that he's in some Buffalo fans' heads.

He’s already moved on and the trade worked out great for both teams. No need for Sabres fans to be bitter at the guy anymore. I blame the GM for selling the tank and then trading a lot of those picks to speed up the rebuild. I love what Adams is doing right now. 

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s already moved on and the trade worked out great for both teams. No need for Sabres fans to be bitter at the guy anymore. I blame the GM for selling the tank and then trading a lot of those picks to speed up the rebuild. I love what Adams is doing right now. 

Yeah that will never happen the  Majority will continue to hate.

15 hours ago, Weave said:

Vegas is going out and proving alot of hockey fans wrong. Alot of us criticized Vegas heavily for departing from their original roster makeup and upgrading to high priced, high skilled vets at the expense of depth and prospect pool.

Well, they are on the brink of a cup parade after the management team worked a conversion from high effort castoffs to high skill vets that bought into what the high effort castoffs built.

Id gladly take Vegas’ now plus Vegas’ future.  The future is always unknown.

I couldn’t give a ***** about Jack, or whether the ***** team created the Jack we had, or if he’s just naturally built to be an *****.  But I am genuinely jealous.  That team was hell bent on winning and they made it happen.  As an expansion team they had every excuse to slow play things and didn’t.  They started out refusing to accept losing and are on the brink of something special in half the time Buffalo has been suffering.

God, I hate typing that out.

Interesting thing about Vegas, with all of their success, they've had 3 coaches in 6 seasons. Pretty crazy.

5 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Interesting thing about Vegas, with all of their success, they've had 3 coaches in 6 seasons. Pretty crazy.

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's almost like they don't accept losing. 

Crazy concept around these parts 😝

And in the past 10 years the Sabres have had 6 coaches. 

I admit I am jealous of Vegas.  They exploded onto the scene and have been nothing but a successful organization ready win a cup (already).  Meanwhile my fandom has spend 5 decades in virtual obscurity and dysfunction outside of a few seasons in the early 80's,  late 90's, and mid 2000's.  Unreal. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

17 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If I was Eichel, I'd spend my day with the cup 

In buffalo 

Ultiamte troll job 

Embrace being the villain 

I wouldn't. If Jack has tiny man syndrome that badly you have issues to work out. If I were Eichel I would spend the cup day with my family and friends in my hometown. It is why you put in the lifetime of work. Going to Buffalo so you can show everyone you got a big schlong isn't you trolling, it is just you showing your insecurities. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally i could give a rats ass whether Eichel wins the cup or not. He is not going to be the MVP, and that team is definitely loaded! Eichel is not the lynchpin like he was supposed to be in Buffalo. Good for Vegas! Our team is my concern, not Vegas. Love the talent and what we got for Eichel. Now it is time to do something with all these rock star kids and be a club that is actually a competitor for the cup year after year. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't. If Jack has tiny man syndrome that badly you have issues to work out. If I were Eichel I would spend the cup day with my family and friends in my hometown. It is why you put in the lifetime of work. Going to Buffalo so you can show everyone you got a big schlong isn't you trolling, it is just you showing your insecurities. 

That was mostly sarcasm/tongue in cheek. 

If it was me, I'd be pounding beer out of it like Ovechkim. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.