2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

Just happy Eichel didn't win the Conn Smythe

Well good game Vegas, you certainly were the better team in this series. Hopefully this endless pain will appease the hockey gods from our tank and let us make the playoffs next year.

Also, KA please acquire Alec Martinez; he'd be a perfect 3LD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am uncomfortable admitting to myself how much time I spent daydreaming about him doing that in our sweater

I am more confident than ever that whatever feelings I have right now are magnified tenfold in our young core and we are going to see the most talented and hungry Sabres team in a long, long time 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’m happy for Jack. If he says something boneheaded about the Sabres or Buffalo that happiness goes away. Play it smart Jack.

It wasn’t boneheaded but it wasn’t awesome for Sabres organization. He’s just not very good at speaking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I am uncomfortable admitting to myself how much time I spent daydreaming about him doing that in our sweater

I am more confident than ever that whatever feelings I have right now are magnified tenfold in our young core and we are going to see the most talented and hungry Sabres team in a long, long time 

They know Jack Eichel and have to feel they can 1 up him. Tuch will play his part!

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’m happy for Jack. If he says something boneheaded about the Sabres or Buffalo that happiness goes away. Play it smart Jack.

I thought the HNIC reporters tried to lead him into a comment about the past (the Sabres) but he was lost for words at first and then just said the "hard to put into words" stuff so he stayed away from it. His Vegas "changed my outlook" and it was fun to come to the rink again bit was a bit like regaining his love so you know what he thinks, but he was diplomatic, I give him that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Just happy Eichel didn't win the Conn Smythe

Well good game Vegas, you certainly were the better team in this series. Hopefully this endless pain will appease the hockey gods from our tank and let us make the playoffs next year.

Also, KA please acquire Alec Martinez; he'd be a perfect 3LD

Im glad he led the playoffs in points to make up for it

• Like (+1) 1

I am Glad for LV and this isn't about Eichel. He definitely helped but feel LV was ready for this anyway.

No love loss for Florida and 5-7 players on that team that were Sabres. They more than anything , with a stacked TEAM  couldn't be a TEAM, for us Sabres fans. On them.

Just now, TRIP65 said:

I am Glad for LV and this isn't about Eichel. He definitely helped but feel LV was ready for this anyway.

No love loss for Florida and 5-7 players on that team that were Sabres. They more than anything , with a stacked TEAM  couldn't be a TEAM, for us Sabres fans. On them.

“He definitely helped” 

he *led the playoffs in scoring* as their 200 ft 1C assisting on 9 of the Smythe winner’s 13 goals 

Ya, I’d say he helped 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

“He definitely helped” 

he *led the playoffs in scoring* as their 200 ft 1C assisting on 9 of the Smythe winner’s 13 goals 

Ya, I’d say he helped 

Think you mean Points, were they 1 or 2? He had 6 Goals, down around 14th with a lot more games then most. I am Glad for him, Sabres drafted right, bad Coaches. I personally think TUCH is better all around!!!!!!!!!!!

As a final comment I think ultimately Florida was worn down. They lacked the depth Vegas had and are pretty banged up. It's hard to sustain the style of physical play they had for this many rounds without depth. Tkachuk is banged up. Their D is banged up. They didn't hit in this round the way they did earlier in the playoffs. Bobrovsky got them part way as well, but in the end, they had nothing left. Vegas had a deep, and relatively healthy, line up (aside from the banged up goalies but they had depth there too). That, imo, was the biggest difference. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Think you mean Points, were they 1 or 2? He had 6 Goals, down around 14th with a lot more games then most. I am Glad for him, Sabres drafted right, bad Coaches. I personally think TUCH is better all around!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoring. Points scoring ya. 26, led the playoffs 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

As a final comment I think ultimately Florida was worn down. They lacked the depth Vegas had and are pretty banged up. It's hard to sustain the style of physical play they had for this many rounds without depth. Tkachuk is banged up. Their D is banged up. They didn't hit in this round the way they did earlier in the playoffs. Bobrovsky got them part way as well, but in the end, they had nothing left. Vegas had a deep, and relatively healthy, line up (aside from the banged up goalies but they had depth there too). That, imo, was the biggest difference. 

8th Seed for a Reason. Got lucky against Boston and rolled a Bit. Game 5 Goalie choice was a mistake with a hurt Ullmark. Sabres were there if they beat them head to head that last game, lost 3-2.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Scoring. Points scoring ya. 26, led the playoffs 

You act like he shot 26 pucks in the net, OK

3 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

8th Seed for a Reason. Got lucky against Boston and rolled a Bit. Game 5 Goalie choice was a mistake with a hurt Ullmark. Sabres were there if they beat them head to head that last game, lost 3-2.

You act like he shot 26 pucks in the net, OK

https://thehockeynews.com/.amp/news/point-men-the-active-and-all-time-scoring-leaders-for-all-31-nhl-teams

”scoring” is commonly used to refer to points. There’s a quick example ^

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

https://thehockeynews.com/.amp/news/point-men-the-active-and-all-time-scoring-leaders-for-all-31-nhl-teams

”scoring” is commonly used to refer to points. There’s a quick example ^

"Here are the all-time point leaders and active point leaders for the NHL's 31 teams:"

Interesting article

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.