GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

The final regular season contest between Buffalo and TB happens at 12:30 pm today in KeyBank Center. The game will be broadcast on MSG & ESPN+.   The new and hopefully improved Sabres need to get back on track following the beatdown at the hands of the Bruins in Boston Thursday night 7-1.  This is a huge game for the Sabres as they now sit 4 pts out in the Wild Card race.  TB seems locked into the 3rd spot in the Atlantic, has lost 3 straight, and trails Toronto by 5 points.

Buffalo is 1-1-1 against TB this season.  TB won the only game decided in regulation 5-3 on Nov 5th and also beat the Sabres 6-5 in OT also back in November.  The Sabres overcame a late rally by the Bolts in Tampa on 2/23 to win in OT on Lyubushkin’s improbable unassisted SH goal; his first of the season and the first regular season SH OT winner in Sabres history.  

Sabres added two physical players to their lineup at the deadline in D Riley Stillman and LW Jordan Greenway.  It should be very interesting to see how DG utilizes his former USNTDP player in his first game as a Sabre.  Will he reunite Tage and Jordan or give Jordan a more depth type assignment?  Tuch remains out. Rasmus Dahlin is skating, but is still listed on IR.

Tampa added two forwards at the deadline.  They paid a huge price (5 draft picks) for physical force Tanner Jeannot (200+ hits ytd) and also added depth C Michael Eyssimont.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm going to be on the road for much of it...does anyone know whether the Audacy app for WGR blacks out the games?

Don't know their official policy but I am 0 / 2 with it.  WGR app lists the game as live, but instead it's a national sports show.  Have also tried other affiliates (96.5 roc) with out success, seems to be upstream at audacy.

Will be at the game, hoping to see Greenway and Dahlin!  And maybe TB over looks us with Carolina on their schedule tomorrow.

• SDS pinned this topic
36 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Don't know their official policy but I am 0 / 2 with it.  WGR app lists the game as live, but instead it's a national sports show.  Have also tried other affiliates (96.5 roc) with out success, seems to be upstream at audacy.

Yeah that's what I suspected, because that's what happens on Audacy for Bills games, too.  Ok, so I'll have to have MSG on in the car.  I'll just try not to look at the screen!

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres overcame a late rally by the Bolts in Tampa on 2/23 to win in OT on Lyubushkin’s improbable unassisted SH goal; his first of the season and the first regular season SH OT winner in Sabres history.  

One of the great moments of the season, really. 

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sabres added two physical players to their lineup at the deadline in D Riley Stillman and LW Jordan Greenway.  It should be very interesting to see how DG utilizes his former USNTDP player in his first game as a Sabre.  Will he reunite Tage and Jordan or give Jordan a more depth type assignment?  Tuch remains out. Rasmus Dahlin is skating, but is still listed on IR.

Tampa added two forwards at the deadline.  They paid a huge price (5 draft picks) for physical force Tanner Jeannot (200+ hits ytd) and also added depth C Michael Eyssimont.  

Why would you put a 3rd line winger in jeff Skinner's spot?

• Agree 1

Dahlin is the key.  Is he back and healthy?  

Was it the vicious cross check in the back from Paul?   Maybe that cheap shot gets avenged? 

We will win this game if the goaltending holds up.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm going to be on the road for much of it...does anyone know whether the Audacy app for WGR blacks out the games?

If you have Sirius satellite radio you can listen. I listened to the Columbus game that way so I could get the WGR radio broadcast while watching on Hulu.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.