GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Similar trajectory for sure, but Cozens is 4 years younger and hit .88 at 21 to Tage's 24.

Mogilny is a different era, but was awesome.  Patty certainly helped. 

Who is driving Cozens' improvement but Dylan himself?  He isn't playing with star players, except the PP, and most of his production is at EV.

@Thorny what in this post do you disagree with?  Do you disagree that Cozens is hitting production milestones at a younger age than Thompson?  Do you disagee the Mogilny was aided by playing with a HOF center?  Do you disagree that Dylan isn’t playing with star player except on the PP?  

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@Thorny what in this post do you disagree with?  Do you disagree that Cozens is hitting production milestones at a younger age than Thompson?  Do you disagee the Mogilny was aided by playing with a HOF center?  Do you disagree that Dylan isn’t playing with star player except on the PP?  

Because what DC did isn’t that special. He’s great but you appear to be using an arbitrary designation. Eichel developed into .93 guy a season before, and 2 years younger than Cozens 

As I said before you seem to arbitrarily be focusing on a year 2-3 jump specifically 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Little girls shouldn't be encouraged to join a media scrum. How was she even supposed to see?

I'm guessing a poster's age will inform this debate. Some of us are an age where we truly were not the center of our families or the world when we were little. That has changed and not for the benefit of society IMHO.

Another contrarian view I see.  

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Another contrarian view I see.  

I don't think so. Being a kid has changed a lot since the 60s and 70s. I don't think that's controversial. Kids have real power today. I had very little power and probably none. I don't look back and rue the fact I didn't tell my parents what to do 

43 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Because what DC did isn’t that special. He’s great but you appear to be using an arbitrary designation. Eichel developed into .93 guy a season before, and 2 years younger than Cozens 

As I said before you seem to arbitrarily be focusing on a year 2-3 jump specifically 

I think you are taking my Cozens post much too seriously.  I was merely showing how much Dylan has progressed in such a short time period following up on @Doohickie's posts about things to excited about the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think you are taking my Cozens post much too seriously.  I was merely showing how much Dylan has progressed in such a short time period following up on @Doohickie's posts about things to excited about the Sabres.

Oh ok probably I was then 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't think so. Being a kid has changed a lot since the 60s and 70s. I don't think that's controversial. Kids have real power today. I had very little power and probably none. I don't look back and rue the fact I didn't tell my parents what to do 

What you say is true.  But its contrarian today because of the focus on PC and other things.  As a kid I literally got smacked around by a few teachers and other adults too, it didn't hurt me then because it was normal, and I was told I deserved it, but that still didn't make it right.   Certainly I was not better then because of it, and I did not want that happening to my 3 kids when they were in school.  

Today is another world and you can't judge it by the 60's and 70's.  My golf partner is my age and he has a grandchild in 3rd grade.   He  just explained to me today some of the things that are allowed (tolerated) at schools today.    That story is for an OT thread.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Little girls shouldn't be encouraged to join a media scrum. How was she even supposed to see?

I'm guessing a poster's age will inform this debate. Some of us are an age where we truly were not the center of our families or the world when we were little. That has changed and not for the benefit of society IMHO.

Oh, wow. I can't believe you tripled down on your take and then made it worse. What's it like being so angry and bitter?

The w

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

As a kid I literally got smacked around by a few teachers and other adults too, it didn't hurt me then because it was normal, and I was told I deserved it, but that still didn't make it right.

Or to put it another way,

image.thumb.png.f63cbae545e2fe6b8801c58038cc1b03.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Perhaps she shouldn't have been encouraged, and kids certainly are treated with greater deference now than we were at that age, but that still doesn't excuse MH's behavior.  Most adults in that situation would either ignore her or be nice.  Only a small minority would go out of their way to shoo her away. 

Of that minority, I think a pretty good percentage are likely to be all-around jerks -- and in MH's case, there is corroboration from his former co-workers, to say nothing of the guy on twitter who was allegedly the girl's dad.

38 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Perhaps she shouldn't have been encouraged, and kids certainly are treated with greater deference now than we were at that age, but that still doesn't excuse MH's behavior.  Most adults in that situation would either ignore her or be nice.  Only a small minority would go out of their way to shoo her away. 

Of that minority, I think a pretty good percentage are likely to be all-around jerks -- and in MH's case, there is corroboration from his former co-workers, to say nothing of the guy on twitter who was allegedly the girl's dad.

Dan Dunleavy went out of his way to talk to young Madison Zimmer during the broadcast.  The polar opposite of MH.  He even knew that Skinner was her favorite player and mentioned it when Skinny scored.

Dunleavy might not be the best play by play guy ever (he's pretty good and getting better imo), but he is a class act.  Another high character signing by this club and I think Donny Meatballs can still develop him further.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Dan Dunleavy went out of his way to talk to young Madison Zimmer during the broadcast.  The polar opposite of MH.  He even knew that Skinner was her favorite player and mentioned it when Skinny scored.

Dunleavy might not be the best play by play guy ever (he's pretty good and getting better imo), but he is a class act.  Another high character signing by this club and I think Donny Meatballs can still develop him further.

Mike's not in corporate communications.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.