Chychrun to Ottawa

Brawndo

Just now, freester said:

I’m worried that the injuries to Dahlin and Tuch are worse than stated and will likely end any hope of us making a run this year. He will reassess in offseason and acquire another young defensive defenseman who isn’t so fragile. 

Now that is a scary thought.  I do think Tuch is likely done for the regular season.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m speechless, really unsure as to how or why we couldn’t beat this. My only reasonable idea is that Arizona refused to not get Savoie and effectively ended any proposal.

i could see it being possible until you see the return Arizona received.

Surely we couldve beaten it without sending Savoie, so i cant see Arizona turning down a better offer because they're upset we wont give them Savoie. That doesnt really make much sense.

Simpler explanation is KA didnt think he was worth this, for whatever reasons he has.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel vindicated as to the cost and disappointed KA was unwilling to beat it.

OK, Ottawa's first might be slightly better than ours, but I'd have had no problem adding another pick or prospect to compensate.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Now go get Carson Soucy D from the Kraken.

I know he's rumored because he's on an expiring contract, but the Kraken are in a great spot to make the playoffs and take their chances. I think they keep him and just let him walk. Otherwise they've got to go find someone to take his place.

As of now my opinion is that KA isn't interested in bolstering this roster this year for playoff purposes and that disappoints me.  It's gonna be a real challenge making it in with the cards that have been dealt.  I sure hope he's got a solid plan of attack for next year or I will be pissed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.