Chychrun to Ottawa

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, MBD said:

Do we know he would have agreed to be traded to Buffalo?

He's friends with one of Pegulas daughters, Adam's reportedly checked in with Zona 3 times on the cost to acquire, he knows the Sabres are on the rise competitively, I highly doubt he would have said he didn't want to come here.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

As of now my opinion is that KA isn't interested in bolstering this roster this year for playoff purposes and that disappoints me.  It's gonna be a real challenge making it in with the cards that have been dealt.  I sure hope he's got a solid plan of attack for next year or I will be pissed. 

Don't hold your breathe is my opinion. If he wasn't willing to better the team (because let's face it, Chychrun is an upgrade over several d men on this roster) to at least support the players in their efforts to push for a playoff spot this year, given how close they are. I have very low confidence he will next year as well. We shall see, because we have no choice 🤣 

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Apparently KAs plan for when he is trying to win isn’t inside of Chychrun’s window.

Or something.

I laugh, but I also cry, because I think there's a chance you may be correct.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Terrible miss by Adams. Maybe the sens ‘23 first is slightly more valuable than the Sabres ??

I don’t understand it.  Not a divisional opponent just got much stronger.  

14th pick is way more valuable than the 31st.  (Arizona's GM knows his history and knows it's 24 years past '99.)  ;)

This price is obviously less than the rumored ask.  I get that’s going to make some people unhappy that Adams didn’t beat it, but I never viewed Chychrun as a great fit, and I didn’t think the Sabres were going to acquire him.

Between being left handed, injury prone, and a profile that’s a bit offensive leaning, I just don’t see him as a natural long term fit.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is incredible. I’m at a loss to explain how Buffalo doesn’t make this deal.

Did you read the letter to the season ticket holders? 

- - - 

In seriousness, I get the impression with Adams that’s he’s very hard-line once a course of action has been chosen. Almost like he sets parameters in advance that can’t be broken in case there’s temptation for emotion to factor in or something. The season was set up as a development year for example, so it stays a development year. He set a price for Eichel, and pulled the trigger once it came. It would have been presumably so possible to make this deal, I feel like Adams sets his price, makes it known, and if you like, you can come to him. Downside being, there’s no context wiggle room 

28 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The worst part for me is that Ottawa is the team that I think we will be battling with for that last spot...

Yes

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That seems to be a quite reasonable cost.

Would like to have seen Adams be willing to beat that.

He could easily beat it. 

it’s far less than the two or three #1 Equivalents that everyone was quoting. 

Im not happy with this.  Ottawa got better. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, freester said:

I suspect Chycrun may have not preferred to come here. It would be highly unlikely for him to get a huge next contract given that we already have 2 defenders that will require huge money deals. 

Chick had no choice where he was being traded to plus he’s family friends with the Pegulas (grew up down the street). Chick didn’t say no, looks like KA didn’t have interest 

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He could easily beat it. 

it’s far less than the two or three #1 Equivalents that everyone was quoting. 

Im not happy with this.  Ottawa got better. 

Watching Ottawa do it sucks, ya

At some point, if everyone is zigging, zagging is just the better odds play. Unfortunately, I think we’re probably there re: this deadline. At this point we probably just sit it out 

who knows though 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Fun conditions...

Conditions: The ’23 1st-round pick is top-5 protected. If met, pick becomes ’24 1st-round unprotected. Additionally, should #Sens reach ’23 ECF, the 2nd-round pick becomes ’24 1st-round top 10-protected. If that condition is met, the pick becomes ’25 1st-round unprotected. 2/2

Imagine the Sens reaching the ECF?

That's kind of the point, Ottawa's picks will probably be better than ours. We would have had to give up more to top the Sens offer 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.