Chychrun to Ottawa

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong went on record today and mentioned that the Ottawa first was the highest value pick that they felt they could get in return. What if Adams felt the same as many members of this board and did not want to give up his 2023 first and instead offered their 2024 first and two second round picks? 

if I were Armstrong, I would take the Ottawa peck as it is most likely to be somewhere in the 20-16 range, compared to somewhere in the 20s for the Sabres pick  in 2024

They likely wanted a prospect Adams wasn't budging on. Teams are going to ask for different things from different teams.  Ottawa's prospect pool is pretty bare so basically all they had to offer were picks.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong went on record today and mentioned that the Ottawa first was the highest value pick that they felt they could get in return. What if Adams felt the same as many members of this board and did not want to give up his 2023 first and instead offered their 2024 first and two second round picks? 

if I were Armstrong, I would take the Ottawa peck as it is most likely to be somewhere in the 20-16 range, compared to somewhere in the 20s for the Sabres pick  in 2024

Ottawa's '23 first would be more valuable than Buffalo's 2023 currently, right?

Edited by Lanny

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

Did they tho?  Were we really in on him?

Or do the insiders know Buffalo fans of both teams soak these leaks up online and give them plenty of clicks.   

Idk what to tell you, man. The tippy top of the reputables - Friedman, Lebrun (sp?) - were reporting that the Sabres were in on the player (and, towards the end of the process, it was essentially just the Sabres and Senators who were in a position to do the trade), but that the asking price was the Sabres' sticking point. If you take the view that those distinguished information-brokers (not to pump their tires too much) just put out BS content to drive clicks, then we can't really have a conversation on this subject.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Idk what to tell you, man. The tippy top of the reputables - Friedman, Lebrun (sp?) - were reporting that the Sabres were in on the player (and, towards the end of the process, it was essentially just the Sabres and Senators who were in a position to do the trade), but that the asking price was the Sabres' sticking point. If you take the view that those distinguished information-brokers (not to pump their tires too much) just put out BS content to drive clicks, then we can't really have a conversation on this subject.

Only problem is that agents do put stuff out that's bs.

Edited by Radar
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That still doesn't say...was the asking price of the Sabres the same as it was of the Sens?  I'd bet not, and they wanted a prospect rather than one of those picks and KA wasn't going for it. With the Sens, the Coyotes can't ask for what they don't have.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

No not make up.  

Im sure we were calling and inquiring.  

You can describe/report that as any way you want which maybe they say - “oh yea Buffalo is most definitely in.”

*Fans go full F5*

When in reality we just made a few phone calls.  

The journalists aren’t wrong.  

I’m not trying to over think this here.  I believe based on the price if we really wanted him we would have got him. 

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Radar said:

Only problem is that agents do put stuff out that's bs.

27 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Im sure we were calling and inquiring.  

You can describe/report that as any way you want which maybe they say - “oh yea Buffalo is most definitely in.”

*Fans go full F5*

When in reality we just made a few phone calls.  

The journalists aren’t wrong.  

I’m not trying to over think this here.  I believe based on the price if we really wanted him we would have got him. 

Ahhite. This is all fair. Good points.

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

why was Adams actively in discussions if Chyckrun was not a fit?   Seems like that is something they know quickly.  

The angst comes from the price that AZ “settled for” was one 1st rounder, not two or three.  And Ottawa got better.  

Look at what Toronto gave up for McCabe and Lafferty, futures in 25 and 26 that they can replace. 

Yup. It’s hard to gauge exactly how severe his interest in Chychrun was, though we certainly know there was interest. In the end he decided he wasn’t worth the cost: but he would have taken him on the team. He wasn’t being ruled out for character  reasons 

Interesting side note. In His article for Expected Buffalo about the trade deadline, Chad DeDomincis mentioned that the Sabres got back in once the price dropped on Chychurn this week. Buffalo was willing to give their 2023 1st Top 12 protected along with the other picks. Ottawa came back with the deal that was accepted, the First Top 5 protected and the Sabres were not given the opportunity to counter offer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, Brawndo said:

I think three things;

1)While I think KA preferred 2024, I think he would have done 2023 but top ten protected instead of top five

2) I wonder if Armstrong stuck so rigidly to his chart that Ottawa being two points behind swung the pendulum 

3) At least two GM’s, Adams and LA’s, complained they were asked for more than Ottawa’s package. I find that unusual, especially that they were so open about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I think three things;

1)While I think KA preferred 2024, I think he would have done 2023 but top ten protected instead of top five

2) I wonder if Armstrong stuck so rigidly to his chart that Ottawa being two points behind swung the pendulum 

3) At least two GM’s, Adams and LA’s, complained they were asked for more than Ottawa’s package. I find that unusual, especially that they were so open about it.

Arizona is a crap franchise. It's truly the worst run in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting side note. In His article for Expected Buffalo about the trade deadline, Chad DeDomincis mentioned that the Sabres got back in once the price dropped on Chychurn this week. Buffalo was willing to give their 2023 1st Top 12 protected along with the other picks. Ottawa came back with the deal that was accepted, the First Top 5 protected and the Sabres were not given the opportunity to counter offer. 

Not given the opportunity lol what the hell 

top 12 is interesting, seems arbitrary, so it’s obviously not 

18 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He said as much on the Greg Tompsett Sports Show. Ottawa made an offer, Buffalo made an offer and they picked Ottawa with no opportunity for Buffalo to counter. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, tom webster said:

Nah, I just think if Armstrong was a betting many, he’d bet on the Sabres. He’s a Sabres fan at heart. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, matter2003 said:

That still doesn't say...was the asking price of the Sabres the same as it was of the Sens?  I'd bet not, and they wanted a prospect rather than one of those picks and KA wasn't going for it. With the Sens, the Coyotes can't ask for what they don't have.

Didn't Adams intimate as much in his presser? That what a trade partner is looking for varies from team to team? He was trying to suggest that they wanted a prospect or young player the Sabres weren't willing to move. At least that was my understanding as I listened. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.