GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

some of those shots were pretty tough but we need him to save two of the four.   The first and the last probably.  

That and for the most part our guys were either a step behind on every play in the first or standing around watching.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

That and for the most part our guys were either a step behind on every play in the first or standing around watching.

We have lot of players that are the same.  Big changes will happen at some point but Adams is still looking at what he has.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No way. They are a really young team. I would bet that they tear it up when they are one the road. Give’m even more leash when they are home. Throw Keggers the night before a game. I bet they kill it.

They play like their strict parents are judging them when they are home. On the road they are free to be who they are.

The Bills are done.

I feel the exact opposite. At home, they are free to be who they are wherever and with whomever they’re with. Little structure. Whereas on the road, they are totally structured with their time schedules tightly managed. Again, I chalk it up to a maturity issue. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Sabres pressed in the first couldnt pass through a neutral zone trap... That is on Donnie to see that and get the guys to dump and chase till Leaves open up... led to too many odd man chances and UPL lost his confidence.  Cant have that happen..  guys were too hyped... they played better when they simplified their game... You cant open against a team like TO until they do.

This is what I saw too.  First 3-4 minutes Sabres had the better possession and half of that was in Leafs zone.  They got hyped and jumpy then boom mistakes made and it's in the back of the net.  Marner and Taveres are out there ffs.  Show some respect, they are gonna counter punch, don't be dumb.  Game was over before they knew what hit 'em.  A save or two would have been nice but they were primo chances.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I feel the exact opposite. At home, they are free to be who they are wherever and with whomever they’re with. Little structure. Whereas on the road, they are totally structured with their time schedules tightly managed. Again, I chalk it up to a maturity issue. 

No way. Listen to them talk about being on the road. They love it. It’s a ***** party. At home, they are all buttoned up.

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

D-units are not communicating well with each other.

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Marner getting absolutely felated all broadcast.

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Him or Matthews. Pick your poison.

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

6 guys on the ice and can't beat 1 guy in our own end.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Fu@k ROR 

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

puke GIF

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

That is just hysterical 

🤣😂😅🤣

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

That's honestly top notch work by the hockey gods. A little cliché but corn is golden.

giphy.gif

You can analyze this up and down and around all you want but it'll still come down to the 3 holes at the beginning of the season (goalie, RHD,  2 way 3C) still being the glaring holes they are at this point of the season. In the end this team is consistent in finding ways to disappoint. 

Of course ROR scores his first goal as a Leaf in Buffalo. Of course he gets a hat trick. F'n ROR. Guess he loves his hockey. 

This team makes me drink too much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You can analyze this up and down and around all you want but it'll still come down to the 3 holes at the beginning of the season (goalie, RHD,  2 way 3C) still being the glaring holes they are at this point of the season. In the end this team is consistent in finding ways to disappoint. 

Of course ROR scores his first goal as a Leaf in Buffalo. Of course he gets a hat trick. F'n ROR. Guess he loves his hockey. 

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

south park beat a dead horse GIF

All kidding aside, we do need to a better option than UPL - I still think Comrie should be our back up next year.

Well I’m pretty sure the majority of my anger last night was due to watching this game with my kids. It was the first game in months where we were all fired up together to see some meaningful hockey in a huge game.

everybody was let down immediately, and with ror scoring 2 right off the bat, I mean, come on. We turned the game off 10 minutes in and it just really ruined something I was looking forward to. 

I should have expected it it and kind of did….but man, what is with this group at home. This was an opportune chance to really win many of the fans back, including my son, and they could not have fallen any flatter on their faces.

• Like (+1) 3

There was only one thing this team could not do last night.  Then they went and did exactly that.  I’ve said it here before and I’ll say it again.  No one knows how to squash goodwill like this Sabres team. This fanbase has been on the precipice of going all in for a year now.  In spectacular fashion, the Sabres ensured that not one effing person is going to make that leap.  I guess thanks for letting us know early in the playoff race, that they are pretenders. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

There was only one thing this team could not do last night.  Then they went and did exactly that.  I’ve said it here before and I’ll say it again.  No one knows how to squash goodwill like this Sabres team. This fanbase has been on the precipice of going all in for a year now.  In spectacular fashion, the Sabres ensured that not one effing person is going to make that leap.  I guess thanks for letting us know early in the playoff race, that they are pretenders. 

Agreed you dont let Toronto come into your own barn and do that... I dont care if you have run em on every play... it cant happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

I agree. But realistically they got absolutely torched by good teams the past month. Wins against SJ and Anaheim are illusions. The gap they have to cross to being a playoff team is further than we think. Proven by not being competitive against playoff teams. Long ways to go. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

Well, after another home stinker.... This team is what it is... a slightly better team then it was last year, with some glaring problems that we have always had. No push, no guts, no real defensemen to play defense (Muel cannot do it on his own), and no forwards with balls to get into the dirty area. We can score a bit better, but the kids are nothing but kids still. A couple of years away from maturing. No playoffs for us, as we are about to get our collective ***** handed to us in the next few weeks. We are kinda like the Bills last year....we won games but the glaring problems were there for the whole world to see but ignored by the fans. Granato did as promised. Put an entertaining team on the ice. They are inconsistent and very young with missing pieces. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Well, after another home stinker.... This team is what it is... a slightly better team then it was last year, with some glaring problems that we have always had. No push, no guts, no real defensemen to play defense (Muel cannot do it on his own), and no forwards with balls to get into the dirty area. We can score a bit better, but the kids are nothing but kids still. A couple of years away from maturing. No playoffs for us, as we are about to get our collective ***** handed to us in the next few weeks. We are kinda like the Bills last year....we won games but the glaring problems were there for the whole world to see but ignored by the fans. Granato did as promised. Put an entertaining team on the ice. They are inconsistent and very young with missing pieces. 

The Bills make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

We win and you post nothing. We lose and you have the same take. So fun. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.