GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Didn’t roll over??! That was freaking pathetic. The excuses fans and coaching gives this team is like battered wife syndrome. Didn’t roll over…comical.

Would you have preferred they lost 9-0? This is the youngest team in the league. They are still in a rebuild. Toronto has one of the deepest, most talented, most experienced rosters in the league. These games are going to happen against teams like that until these guys grow and more pieces are added. You can just get pissed off after games like this or you can take a step back and look at it for what it is. Two years ago this was the worst team by a lot. We aren’t there yet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Hate happy Leafs fans; I hope we poisoned their food with laxatives and every Leaf gets the flu 

I really enjoy it when they do lose and there's a back up heading back to Canada and they have nowhere to piss after drinking all night.   Call me an ***** but I find it gratifying.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Derrico said:

It’s after midnight and I’m laying in a Buffalo hotel room awaiting GAMEDAY.

The great Satan visits your Buffalo Sabres as we continue through the stretch run.  I can’t wait to be there and drown out those obnoxious leaf fans (my dad included). 

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

Post of the year !!

Right down to The Great Satan.

I'm proud of you, boy.  So proud.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Would you have preferred they lost 9-0? This is the youngest team in the league. They are still in a rebuild. Toronto has one of the deepest, most talented, most experienced rosters in the league. These games are going to happen against teams like that until these guys grow and more pieces are added. You can just get pissed off after games like this or you can take a step back and look at it for what it is. Two years ago this was the worst team by a lot. We aren’t there yet.

Yep.

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

The Leafs stopped playing in the 3rd up 5-0

that game sucked from start to finish and Buffalo never got off the bus… they are AWFUL at home. What game were you watching?!

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Just the 'eye' test without looking at any replays: (and I watched most of the game but did miss a few minutes here and there)

-Dahlin wasn't at his best.  He's not the reason they lost, but this wasn't a 'norris trophy' candidate game.

-Quinn looked good. Not just because he scores, but a few times I noticed him being a big more agressive and around the puck more.

-Power.  Looked like a typical 19 year old Rookie tonight..tenative, made some mistakes.

-Krebs.  He he does get out of position, or plays against quicker/faster teams, his lack of speed is noticable and can cause him/the team problems.

-Cozens. Not a typical Cozens game. Usually I notice 2 or 3 really good things and a couple of really bad things he does.  I dont' want to say he was invisible, but while he didn't contribute offensively, he also didn't make any glaring mistakes.  Not a bad game, but not a 'typical Cozens' game. (from what I saw)

Dahlin played 25:57 and finished even in +/- which is saying a lot when you give up 5 even strength goals. 

Today was men against boys and the boys got schooled.  

Buffalo is a boarderline playoff team.  They might get there, but in the eastern conference the top 6 teams are way beyond 7 and 8.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The ESPN broadcast was aweful to listen too.   

The absolute worst intermission i've ever seen. I'm a big Kevin Weekes fan but man, Weekes and PK were Sabres-level embarrassing on that telecast.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

UPL well, rebound control and for a big guy he goes down way too much.

UPL is becoming a problem. Maybe he's run out of gas, i'm not sure, but they can't ride him. He's just not that good right now and out of form. 

• Disagree 2

Tied for 3rd worst in the league with 11 home wins.  Tied for 4th best in the league with 17 away victories.  If only they were even a .500 team at home. (actually if they were .500 at home they would currently have 66 points and be the first wild card team with games in hand over most the other teams)

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Tied for 3rd worst in the league with 11 home wins.  Tied for 4th best in the league with 17 away victories.  If only they were even a .500 team at home. (actually if they were .500 at home they would currently have 66 points and be the first wild card team with games in hand over most the other teams)

What a joke. And they havent even had a chance in any of their last 3 home games.

6 minutes ago, Two or less said:

The absolute worst intermission i've ever seen. I'm a big Kevin Weekes fan but man, Weekes and PK were Sabres-level embarrassing on that telecast.

UPL is becoming a problem. Maybe he's run out of gas, i'm not sure, but they can't ride him. He's just not that good right now and out of form. 

He is really young for a Goalie. Many young goalies seem to go through very hot and very cold streaks.  I think he'll be fine....BUT I would say now would be a time to get Comrie 4 out of the next 6 games and see how he does.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.