GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

32 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Same old thing I fear...boys tighten up and try far too hard at home to put on a show and end up not playing their game. being so young that tends to happen. Hopefully tonight they break the pattern and beat the Laughs (although the Laughs lost to Chicage 5-3 Sunday night so they will be out for a win for sure)

Maybe it will feel like a road game with all the Leafs fans in attendance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I got the Center Ice package. It won't be on TV for me. There are certain games that are eagerly anticipated. This is one of them. I'm tired of this BS! 

Have Center Ice as well… Only option is to get a free trial or pay for ESPN+ or Hulu… Will listen on WGR 550…

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you serious? This ***** league. The one game I can watch live.

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I got the Center Ice package. It won't be on TV for me. There are certain games that are eagerly anticipated. This is one of them. I'm tired of this BS! 

It's not a surprise. The list of games that would be exclusive to ESPN+ and Hulu were published at the start of the year.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2022-23-nhl-national-broadcast-schedule-buffalo-sabres-espn-espn-hulu-tnt/c-335487280

TNT games are done but there will be 4 more Hulu/ESPN+ exclusive games after tonight:

2/28 CBJ

3/6 EDM 

3/7 NYI

3/25 NYI

Curious we have all these games at the end of our schedule. It's as if ESPN expected the Sabres to be competitive late.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I do not get the ESPN+ hate..... you can get Disney, Espn+ and one other package for 15/month. Better then center ice and omg cheaper! 

While it is cheaper, I did enjoy the pre- and postgame coverage on the old NHL.tv.  It was worth the extra money to me.

Maybe the Bally Sports ballyhoo will help bring about change where the MSG pre- and postgames will air on ESPN+ next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I dislike the Leafs more since the ROR trade which is illogical but idc.

Makes sense to me.  ROR is dislikeable to Sabres fans.  

He was on a sports spotlight in St Louis yesterday and was all sappy smiles and soooooo happy to be a Leave and "have a chance to win again".  As if he is entitled to that.   He apparently was losing his love for the game again with prospect of facing a rebuild.     

The good people of St Louis wished him well though but I have not heard him reciprocate that back as of yet. I am sure he will be beloved in St Louis forever given his Selke/Smythe/Stanley Cup winning year.  

9 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I do not get the ESPN+ hate..... you can get Disney, Espn+ and one other package for 15/month. Better then center ice and omg cheaper! 

Disney Bundle for $12.99

https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disney-hulu-espn-bundle

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Makes sense to me.  ROR is dislikeable to Sabres fans.  

He was on a sports spotlight in St Louis yesterday and was all sappy smiles and soooooo happy to be a Leave and "have a chance to win again".  As if he is entitled to that.   He apparently was losing his love for the game again with prospect of facing a rebuild.     

The good people of St Louis wished him well though but I have not heard him reciprocate that back as of yet. I am sure he will be beloved in St Louis forever given his Selke/Smythe/Stanley Cup winning year.  

I like him

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Just get ESPN+ for two months.  It will cost you $20 total (you might get first month free even), ya friggin cheapskates.

amen. 

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you don't live in WNY EPSN+ for $9.99/mo is the way to go.   You can get it bundled with Hulu and Disney+.  

No pre and post Sabres games but you get almost all the NHL games too.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Some people who pay $200 for cable TV don't want to pay more. Some don't have the equipment or savvy to stream.

It's just a poor way of treating your fans.

The Sabres last played a primetime game on TV that is accessible to most fans on Feb. 1.  Since then, there has been one Saturday afternoon game that I would presume conflicted with things for a lot of people, and there have been three games that are unwatchable for most of the fan base because of the late start times.  And then they put tonight's game on Hulu.  Smart, NHL.  Real smart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.