2023 trade speculation and rumors

Eleven

1 hour ago, CTJoe said:

Great but why play him over Klague?

Probably because Clague has looked good playing w/ Power particularly or Dahlin but not when playing on the 3rd pairing.  And if he's in for Bryson, he's 3rd pairing.

Bryson isn't a tire fire on the PK.  Expect that isn't the case for Clague.

Both are 7's.  Based on Jokiharju's being glued to Power's hip, don't expect Clague to get to play w/ the guy he's been comfortable with.  So, Bryson gets to play.

Hopefully Adams can find a McCabe that isn't going to cost a 1st nor a key prospect.  Otherwise, we'll continue to get servings of Bryson.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Probably because Clague has looked good playing w/ Power particularly or Dahlin but not when playing on the 3rd pairing.  And if he's in for Bryson, he's 3rd pairing.

Bryson isn't a tire fire on the PK.  Expect that isn't the case for Clague.

Both are 7's.  Based on Jokiharju's being glued to Power's hip, don't expect Clague to get to play w/ the guy he's been comfortable with.  So, Bryson gets to play.

Hopefully Adams can find a McCabe that isn't going to cost a 1st nor a key prospect.  Otherwise, we'll continue to get servings of Bryson.

Goode explanation

• Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If he was "well aware", he would not have signed him to a 2 year 3.7m deal for a guy who is no better than a 7-8-9 blueliner. 😉

Not necessarily.  He could realize that he has flaws in his game but like aspects of it & believe that his coaches & development staff could make him worth the contract.

There also is the possibility that he realized that Bryson is a tweener (but again, has potential to grow) & figured with his cap floor challenging team that giving Bryson the deal he did would also kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone - it would help them stay above the floor & it would make it unlikely any other team would put a waiver claim in on him should he become the 24th healthy player.

25 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Welcome back!

They need to experience all of it: the style of play after the All-Star break; the importance of playing in spite of fatigue; the pressure of a playoff push, and then the playoffs themselves.  In particular, they need to learn ensemble defence and how to beat ensemble defence; the last 2 games have exposed both deficiencies.

I think it is important to make the playoffs to find out what players reinvent themselves like Brian Campbell did.  The team and the players would be that much better for it.

Definitely want them to make the playoffs, nut not positive Adams & Granato see that as critically important.

That Canes team he was a 4th liner on back in '06 didn't have a playoffs the year before their run (the lockout saw to that, but they wouldn't definitely have made them in '05 as the 2 previous years they'd been dead last overall & then followed that up w/ a ~5th from the bottom finish; that team that didn't play because of the lockout had a lot ofparallels to this year's Dabres team) but still won the Stanley Cup even though a fair number of key pieces like Staal & Ward hadn't been in the NHL post season.

So, if he can make a move cheaply to help this year or one that makes sense both this season & LT, yeah, he'll bring in reinforcements; but he isn't going to be buying just to buy.  MHO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

So, if he can make a move cheaply to help this year or one that makes sense both this season & LT, yeah, he'll bring in reinforcements; but he isn't going to be buying just to buy.  MHO.

Especially when their problem won't be fixed by simply getting a defenseman or another goal scorer.

I had a working theory that the problem wasn't a need to deliver more hits or that they get hit too much. Watching them play live verified this for me - it seemed to me hits, for or against, didn't matter, especially on D. Dahlin, Krebs, Power, and Girgensons hit people. So, a-guy-who-hits is not a solution, either.

If they were trading for anything it should be to trade for an assistant coach who specializes in defense.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 3

This road trip will define what, if anything, Adam's does I'm guessing. They ***** the bed, no reason to spend assets, they go 50/50, maybe get them a D plug for the 5/6 pair, they take 80% or more of the available points, this is where it will get tricky for Adam's, a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment I'd surmise.

While the company line is that this season doesn't matter, it's a "growth" season, if the team is in a position to play in the hunt down to the wire, a part of "growth" is watching as moves are made to help the team in their hunt, imho.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I know it’s expensive both the cost of acquiring and the cost of the players salary but I’m still dreaming of a scenario where the Sabres land Meier without giving up Kulich or Savoie 

Middle lines :

Meier Cozens Kulich

JJ.  Krebs Quinn

Jost , Savoie , Girgensons , Mitts, KO fight for 4th line duty   - Assuming all of Jost , Ko and Girgs are resigned and Mitts is still here 

1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Not seeing Max Comtois out there for Anaheim 

Where’s @dudacekat? 

If my memory serves (and who we kidding) he was a reasonably big booster of the fellow, during early day Eichel trade talks. Wonder if his stance has changed re: Comtois

He was indeed a *healthy* scratch.

Price on Schenn is reported to be a 3rd plus another low pick or low level prospect. Per Pagnotta.

That's way more reasonable than the stuff I was hearing before.

I still don't want him because I don't think he could skate with this team when he was 25 let alone now that he's 33 but if he's going to be cheap cheap I could wrap my head around it.

13 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

“If Kane decides he wants to move on from Chicago, he is willing to accept a trade to either the New York Rangers or Toronto Maple Leafs, according to TSN's Carlo Colaiacovo.”

F that dude. 

Hmm, isn't the one thing the Loafs annually lack come playoff time a scoring winger that isn't great in his own end?  Surely THAT addition would get them past the 1st round.  😵💫

Hope they give up a #### ton to get him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

“If Kane decides he wants to move on from Chicago, he is willing to accept a trade to either the New York Rangers or Toronto Maple Leafs, according to TSN's Carlo Colaiacovo.”

F that dude. 

Do these teams even have enough cap space to absorb that contract? But, yes, F that dude anyways. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

F that dude. 

So, he not only wants a team that has a chance to win in the playoffs (obviously), but  wants a big market, big city, lots of media attention. Got it.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Is it normal for players to announce this early that they are not signing?

Gives the Ducks a chance  to flip him for something. Have to let the other team to talk to representatives to see if he will sign with another team before a deal.

Wonder if he'd change his mind if the Ducks win the lottery

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.