2023 trade speculation and rumors

Eleven

On 2/20/2023 at 10:17 PM, Two or less said:

I'm 100% with you. Not sure why they would even consider trading him?

I appreciate Jeremy giving us insider info, we don't have many local insiders as is, so i can't be too mad but man i hate it when he's so cryptic. 

Has he ever been right? I don't listen to him as much as I used to, but I can't think of one time he's been right on any sabres predictions or his super secret source. 

35 minutes ago, ... said:

This doesn't address the concerns raised in my post at all.

I agree with your line of thinking.

The room and chemistry are a big part of the team success this year.

Any adds or subtractions to the room have to be considered carefully.

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I agree with your line of thinking.

The room and chemistry are a big part of the team success this year.

Any adds or subtractions to the room have to be considered carefully.

Two things;

1) players want to win

2) players know better then anyone what needs to be upgraded in order to win. If this team believes a player is getting in the way of their winning, no matter how much they like them, they’ll vote for a trade.

This front office has a firm handle on the pulse of the team and they are trying hard to make improvements.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, tom webster said:

Two things;

1) players want to win

2) players know better then anyone what needs to be upgraded in order to win. If this team believes a player is getting in the way of their winning, no matter how much they like them, they’ll vote for a trade.

This front office has a firm handle on the pulse of the team and they are trying hard to make improvements.

I look at it from a "what we already know" prospective. We know the team would like the opportunity to, as was reported, "figure it out internally". They are currently in the 8th playoff spot, so, to myself in any event, they've done well towards that goal.

They've proven they can compete for an invitation to the dance, I'm hoping they are receptive to giving the fan base a good showing on their way there and, if they do get in, there as well. That may take adding a piece or 2.......

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I look at it from a "what we already know" prospective. We know the team would like the opportunity to, as was reported, "figure it out internally". They are currently in the 8th playoff spot, so, to myself in any event, they've done well towards that goal.

They've proven they can compete for an invitation to the dance, I'm hoping they are receptive to giving the fan base a good showing on their way there and, if they do get in, there as well. That may take adding a piece or 2.......

Could absolutely see Adams bringing in a D to move Bryson and Clague to injury replacement status.  

Would be surprised if they bring in a F.  If they did, it would almost have to be a low cost rental C to shore up the bottom six defensively, because doubt the blockbuster type deal happens at the deadline and if they just want to shore up the W's a bit, they already have Hinostroza spending time in Ra-cha-cha.

Would love to see a true 1 brought in between the pipes, but just don't see the cost of such a deal at this time being appealing to Adams.

And, the flip side to all this talk of getting another body to help with the playoff push is that being 1 of 6 legitimately (and theoretically 8, should a team or 2 a bit further behind get hot) fighting for 2 spots is even getting help doesn't guarantee they stay in the playoff spot they've worked hard to hold today.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.