2023 trade speculation and rumors

Eleven

44 minutes ago, Skooby said:

They need a leader not a friend, get some D help & a solid starting goalie from terrible team, we can win it with these guys.

D help should be a reasonable request and is essential. 

The goalie trade seems to be much harder.  Solid starting goalies just don’t get traded often in this league.   Which goalies would you target?   

Edited by Pimlach

37 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

D help should be a reasonable request and is essential. 

The goalie trade seems to be much harder.  Solid starting goalies just don’t get traded often in this league.   Which goalies would you target?   

Nashville may decide to blow it up soon, if they do Saros will be available, they're really high on Askarov. Saros is who I'd target. 

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

P.Kane showcasing himself to the Leafs, 3G and 1A vs them today.

Sabres can help by retaining salary, Leafs must have a draft pick left in 2026 or 2027.

Adams should do it for a “ favour”.

the only true currency in the shady underground world of nhl GMing 

NOT a rumor, but Lance wonders on twitter about Sam Lafferty, who it seemed like the Hawks were showcasing tonight by matching him up against the Matthews line all night. He's under contract for one more year, brings a lot of sandpaper to his game, and he was in Pitt when Karmanos was there. Interesting idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 hour ago, Two or less said:

NOT a rumor, but Lance wonders on twitter about Sam Lafferty, who it seemed like the Hawks were showcasing tonight by matching him up against the Matthews line all night. He's under contract for one more year, brings a lot of sandpaper to his game, and he was in Pitt when Karmanos was there. Interesting idea.

Wow, let's trade for an overperforming middle six forward on a terrible team.  I'm so not giving up assets for a player like Sam Lafferty.  That's a waiver claim type move.  I just don't get giving up any sort of tangible assets for him.  He's a solid nhl regular, but he's a marginal upgrade over Jost/Asplund at best.  Pass, so easily. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

Wow, let's trade for an overperforming middle six forward on a terrible team.  I'm so not giving up assets for a player like Sam Lafferty.  That's a waiver claim type move.  I just don't get giving up any sort of tangible assets for him.  He's a solid nhl regular, but he's a marginal upgrade over Jost/Asplund at best.  Pass, so easily. 

Sam Lafferty would be a decent depth player acquisition and Lance isn’t first to connect him to Buffalo. Great skater, decent size, penalty killer. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

Rosen and a 3rd for Connor Murphy.  This is something that makes sense for the Sabres, signed for one more year, we give up a tradeable asset in Rosen and a middle pick for an upgrade on this defense core. 

Fixed that for you. You don't trade 19yr old former firsts for mediocre depth defenders. A 3rd might even be close to an overpayment. 

41 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Sam Lafferty would be a decent depth player acquisition and Lance isn’t first to connect him to Buffalo. Great skater, decent size, penalty killer. 

He's also mediocre at hockey. Maybe he would look better in Buffalo but at best this upgrades the 4th line. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

I honestly think the Sabres need 2 Dmen, handedness be damned.  Bryson & Clague aren’t NHL defensemen and Lybushkin is oft injured and not very good. 

Lybushkin is fine as a third pairing guy. 

You either go big and try to upgrade Joker which would be hard or find a 3rd pairing LHD which would be much easier.

What do the advance stats look like on Boosh since the New Year?

Eye test has been more like what I was expecting we were getting when we signed him, leading me to suspect his problems in the fall were more about nagging injury.

I think he was better than a lot of guys teams run out on their 3rd pairing, at least he was in January.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Two or less said:

Jost is better.  Who does Lafferty replace?  

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Eye test has been more like what I was expecting we were getting when we signed him, leading me to suspect his problems in the fall were more about nagging injury.

I think he was better than a lot of guys teams run out on their 3rd pairing, at least he was in January.

Much better since returning from injury. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He hasn’t delivered any big hits, but those lead to injuries and being out of position.

He’s looked like a solid 6 Dman to me.

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I’m just talking fourth line, penalty killer. The only way they upgrade top 9 at this point is with a huge swing which I think we both see as unlikely at this point.

So we sit Jost, or Krebs?  Zemgus or Kyle?  Peterka?  

I do not see how this changes much of anything by tweaking the 4th line.  

Lets get better on the blue line and seriously upgrade Bryson/Clague.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So we sit Jost, or Krebs?  Zemgus or Kyle?  Peterka?  

I do not see how this changes much of anything by tweaking the 4th line.  

Lets get better on the blue line and seriously upgrade Bryson/Clague.  

They are not mutually exclusive. I want a d upgrade more as well but adding a forward like Lafferty won’t hurt. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.